Rhinestone Cowboy dies at 81

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: Rhinestone Cowboy dies at 81
I meant to post the video of Gentle On My Mind.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Here's another version with a great guitar solo (with a who's who of country guitarists looking on):

[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-08-2017, 04:57 PM
deleted

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
08-08-2017, 04:59 PM
(08-08-2017 04:36 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Here's another version with a great guitar solo (with a who's who of country guitarists looking on):

I was just watching that version on youtube. He was one of the great guitarists. I don't know what it is about that song though. It's one of my favorite songs ever. I just love everything about it. The visual images of the lyrics and the music over the top of it are golden. It's perfection.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Any musicians here can appreciate what I'm saying---Having played the ukulele less than 9 months now, I'm always excited to find a ukulele chord that I've never seen before but can actually play. Too often the never seen before part applies but when I see how it's played a mocking laugh escapes as I think "how the fuck am I supposed to play that without growing extra fingers?" Gentle on My Mind has an F+ chord. I've never seen a chord "+." But it is a very pretty sounding chord and I can play it. Other than the F+ it is all in chords I can play, but the transitions require me to use different fingering for 3 of it's 7 chords from how I normally play them. AND the transition back and forth between F and F+ cries out to use the "lift" our jam group taught me recently. What a great exercise for dexterity and for acuity! I am going to learn this one. Thanks Glen. This one will be in my permanent collection.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams