Rhode Island, Seriously?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Rhode Island, Seriously?
So I am sure that most of you have at the least heard about the Girl from a Public High School in Cranston Rhode Island and her case with the ACLU against the prayer painted on the wall in the school auditorium.

If you have not heard about it just Google Jessica Ahlquist. (She is going to be a speaker at the Reason Rally now)

Long story short, the School decided to fight in court after the vocal locals went ape-shit, She won the case, the judges decision is 40 pages of solid knockout.in response the religious majority in the area has made threats that required police investigation and disciplinary action against her fellow students, State officials have made attacks against here (one example being the Rhode Island State Representative Peter Palumbo going on talk radio to call a 16 year old girl "an evil little thing.") and there has just been general religious insanity.

I used to live just over the state line in Connecticut, and my favorite night spot at the time was Club Hell in Providence, RI. I never expected things to be this crazy in a little liberal state like Rhode Island. Anyone have any comments on this and there any more strange stories about Religious insanity in places you would least expect?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DCrowe's post