Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(25-10-2015 07:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Have fun in the sand box. You are pathetic. They've sold more books than you ever will even have your hands on, Jebus-boy. Nice try to marginalize them.

Yet, today it's almost impossible to find actual supporters of their work, folks convinced of their conclusions. So clearly they haven't sold them well enough.

Quote:You really are here to preach aren't you ?

I know right? That was such an arousing, and charity infused sermon I posted previously huh? The only message you likely hear me continuously repeating isn't a sermon, but just a continuously reinforced observation, how that even a modicum of resentment deludes people. And I'll continually provoke and plod, to see how strongly that observation plays out.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 08:09 AM
(25-10-2015 08:04 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 07:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Have fun in the sand box. You are pathetic. They've sold more books than you ever will even have your hands on, Jebus-boy. Nice try to marginalize them.

Yet, today it's almost impossible to find actual supporters of their work, folks convinced or their conclusions. So clearly they haven't sold them well enough.

Quote:You really are here to preach aren't you ?

I know right? That was such an arousing, and charity infused sermon I posted previously huh? The only message you likely hear me continuously repeating isn't a sermon, but just a continuously reinforced observation, how that even a modicum of resentment deludes people.

Clearly you also don't understand that preaching isn't restricted to a sermon about your God where you stand in a pulpit. You're here preaching your theistic nonsense, and have been since you got here.

You've had multiple people point it out to you. Point out the ignorance in your replies, and your ignorance in general. Hell, you can't even back up some of the most benign claims you've made with such absolute certainty. In fact, I'm still waiting on the "abundant and compelling evidence" you said exists against Harry Potter.

I explained in detail how stupid your assertions were from that. You know the post I'm talking g about. The one you dismissed and then ignored Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
25-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Here, let's ask this question again. Why are you, a preaching theist, here on an atheist site?

-Rick
25-10-2015, 08:11 AM
(25-10-2015 08:04 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yet, today it's almost impossible to find actual supporters of their work, folks convinced of their conclusions. So clearly they haven't sold them well enough.

Still no arguments addressed.

Of course YOU can't find them. In your churches. You have no idea how many supporters they have or don't have, you lying troll.

Don't choke on the sand.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-10-2015, 08:20 AM
(25-10-2015 08:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have no idea how many supporters they have or don't have, you lying troll.

There's none here apparently.

Quote:Still no arguments addressed.

Still no supporters of his arguments found.

But here's an old post from Jerry Coyne's blog, in which responded to a variety of Carrier's arguments, my name on the blog is shortened to Tomas.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...-of-jesus/

There's a couple other posts on Coyne's blog, one which Carrier got involved in personally. Perhaps if I can figure out how to locate them, I'll post them here as well, just for you sweetheart.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-10-2015, 08:23 AM
(25-10-2015 08:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have no idea how many supporters they have or don't have, you lying troll.

But here's an old post from Jerry Coyne's blog, in which responded to a variety of Carrier's arguments, my name on the blog is shortened to Tomas.

There's a couple other posts on Coyne's blog, one which Carrier got involved in personally. Perhaps if I can figure out how to locate them, I'll post them here as well, just for you sweetheart.

Instead of addressing the comments to you, you copy and paste links to others. You don't even have the intellectual integrity to engage when called out on your bullshit Drinking Beverage

-Rick
25-10-2015, 08:26 AM
(25-10-2015 08:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

This thread is not about your "ad populum" fallacy ("where are the supporters") argument. It's about SPECIFIC arguments, (which you are obviously incompetent to even begin to address).

They're not THAT hard to find, dear. But it IS interesting to hear you actually admit you have no clue what this thread is even about. Weeping
Facepalm
(They're SO damn "angry") Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-10-2015, 08:34 AM
(25-10-2015 08:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Clearly you also don't understand that preaching isn't restricted to a sermon about your God where you stand in a pulpit. You're here preaching your theistic nonsense, and have been since you got here.

I didn't know arguing for an atheists account of a historical Jesus, Erhman's conclusions, constituted as arguing for theism.

Quote:I explained in detail how stupid your assertions were from that. You know the post I'm talking g about. The one you dismissed and then ignored Drinking Beverage

Yes, you explained your contradictory view on evidence, you're inability to answer socratic questions, that make those contradictions blatant. Your arguments regarding history are pulled out of your ass. You have no actual historians, scholars, philosophers of history, to support your basic contention, or that you can appeal to as having informed your own views. You just have your knowledge in regards to your particular area of expertise, and a piss poor effort to translate that into other disciplines like history.

Your overall confidence far exceeds your actual knowledge on the topic. You are in fact the weakest link here, very well out of your own comfort zone, but you still want to play anyway, because you have nothing else to do. Every time I hear you open your mouth on the topic I just cringe, and play along, just to see how far your ignorance overflows.

25-10-2015, 08:40 AM
(25-10-2015 08:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  There's none here apparently.

Instead of addressing the comments to you, you copy and paste links to others. You don't even have the intellectual integrity to engage when called out on your bullshit Drinking Beverage

No, it's a post littered with a bunch of comments from me (Tomas), regarding some of Carrier's own view.

25-10-2015, 08:43 AM
(25-10-2015 08:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They're not THAT hard to find, dear. But it IS interesting to hear you actually admit you have no clue what this thread is even about. Weeping
Facepalm
(They're SO damn "angry") Big Grin

I came here to find supporters of Carrier's view, only to find none.

Instead I found a slew of noncommittal types, to occupy my time with.

I like keeping a running track of how the acceptance of mythicist arguments have evolved over the years, and it appears to me they've evolved into a lack of belief, which is not particularly surprising.