Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 08:48 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
RE: Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(25-10-2015 08:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Clearly you also don't understand that preaching isn't restricted to a sermon about your God where you stand in a pulpit. You're here preaching your theistic nonsense, and have been since you got here.

I didn't know arguing for an atheists account of a historical Jesus, Erhman's conclusions, constituted as arguing for theism.

Quote:I explained in detail how stupid your assertions were from that. You know the post I'm talking g about. The one you dismissed and then ignored Drinking Beverage

Yes, you explained your contradictory view on evidence, you're inability to answer socratic questions, that make those contradictions blatant. Your arguments regarding history are pulled out of your ass. You have no actual historians, scholars, philosophers of history, to support your basic contention, or that you can appeal to as having informed your own views. You just have your knowledge in regards to your particular area of expertise, and a piss poor effort to translate that into other disciplines like history.

Your overall confidence far exceeds your actual knowledge on the topic. You are in fact the weakest link here, very well out of your own comfort zone, but you still want to play anyway, because you have nothing else to do. Every time I hear you open your mouth on the topic I just cringe, and play along, just to see how far your ignorance overflows.

"I didn't know arguing for an atheists account of a historical Jesus, Erhman's conclusions, constituted as arguing for theism. "

You don't know a lot of things, including what a straw man is, clearly.

"Yes, you explained your contradictory view on evidence..."

Laugh out load Yeah, I am the one who tries to redefine what the word evidence means to conflate it with opinion.

"...you're inability to answer socratic questions, that make those contradictions blatant."

Hmmm, you seem to be the only one who thinks I make "blatant contradictions." I wonder if that is because you are projecting again? Consider

"Your arguments regarding history are pulled out of your ass. You have no actual historians, scholars, philosophers of history, to support your basic contention, or that you can appeal to as having informed your own views. You just have your knowledge in regards to your particular area of expertise, and a piss poor effort to translate that into other disciplines like history. "

Ah yes, your inability to understand rears its head again.

Also, are you asserting yourself as some sort of expert historian? If so, demonstrate it because all I have seen is evidence you are an ignorant an unoriginal moron. If not, then you are (at best) on equal footing with someone like myself on history, but your ignorance on the subject betrays that assertion, demonstrating that we are in fact, not equals in this regard.

"Your overall confidence far exceeds your actual knowledge on the topic. "

Pot calling the kettle black Drinking Beverage

"You are in fact the weakest link here, very well out of your own comfort zone, but you still want to play anyway, because you have nothing else to do."

Nice try at another insult. It helps if it has a grain of truth to it though.

"Every time I hear you open your mouth on the topic I just cringe, and play along, just to see how far your ignorance overflows."

Another attempt at an insult. Laugh out load

You "play along" by being dumb instead of playing dumb.

Preach on, troll

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 08:48 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-10-2015 08:40 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, it's a post littered with a bunch of comments from me (Tomas), regarding some of Carrier's own view.

Great. Then you should be able right here right now, re-post them here, and what exactly you are arguing against. Right here. Right now.
Your intellectually dishonest bullshit of "not finding supporters" being the reason you can't make an argument is as transparent as the rest of your usual garbage, honey.
Just make your damn arguments, and stop with the evasions already, troll.

Oh wait. You don't have any.

Oh well. Back to the sand box.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-10-2015, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 09:07 AM by Tomasia.)
(25-10-2015 08:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:40 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, it's a post littered with a bunch of comments from me (Tomas), regarding some of Carrier's own view.

Great. Then you should be able right here right now, re-post them here, and what exactly you are arguing against. Right here. Right now.
Your intellectually dishonest bullshit of "not finding supporters" being the reason you can't make an argument is as transparent as the rest of your usual garbage, honey.

You can easily read through the comments, search through Tomas, and if you don't care to make a 2 second effort to do that, it suggests to me that you weren't really interested in these arguments in the first place. The post contains both my criticisms, and individuals responses to them.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-10-2015, 09:03 AM
(25-10-2015 08:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great. Then you should be able right here right now, re-post them here, and what exactly you are arguing against. Right here. Right now.

You can easily read through the comments, search through Tomas, and if you don't care to make a 2 second effort to do that, it suggests to me that you weren't really interested in these arguments in the first place. The post both my criticisms, and individuals responses to them.

Bucky:
"Just as I thought. You haven't even read this thread, and are not even familiar with their arguments. I have presented at least one in this thread. You can't even recognize them. "

Dumasia:
"You can easily read through the comments, search through Tomas, and if you don't care to make a 2 second effort to do that, it suggests to me that you weren't really interested in these arguments in the first place."

Is that seriously all you have? To take someone else's valid criticism of you, and try to contort it to use against them? Ergo, the "I know you are but what am I" tactic. Drinking Beverage How childish.

-Rick
25-10-2015, 09:05 AM
(25-10-2015 09:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 08:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You can easily read through the comments, search through Tomas, and if you don't care to make a 2 second effort to do that, it suggests to me that you weren't really interested in these arguments in the first place. The post both my criticisms, and individuals responses to them.

Bucky:
"Just as I thought. You haven't even read this thread, and are not even familiar with their arguments. I have presented at least one in this thread. You can't even recognize them. "

Dumasia:
"You can easily read through the comments, search through Tomas, and if you don't care to make a 2 second effort to do that, it suggests to me that you weren't really interested in these arguments in the first place."

Is that seriously all you have? To take someone else's valid criticism of you, and try to contort it to use against them? Ergo, the "I know you are but what am I" tactic. Drinking Beverage How childish.

The argument I made (hint: about the mythical literary format of the gospels) is IN THIS THREAD. YOU have made no arguments, and obviously are unable to do so, IN THIS THREAD. How pathetic.

Troll

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-10-2015, 09:09 AM
(25-10-2015 09:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The argument I made (hint: about the mythical literary format of the gospels) is IN THIS THREAD. YOU have made no arguments, and obviously are unable to do so, IN THIS THREAD. How pathetic.

Troll

A troll, calling another person a troll. lol.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-10-2015, 09:09 AM
(25-10-2015 09:09 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The argument I made (hint: about the mythical literary format of the gospels) is IN THIS THREAD. YOU have made no arguments, and obviously are unable to do so, IN THIS THREAD. How pathetic.

Troll

"I know you are but what am I?"

Drinking Beverage

-Rick
25-10-2015, 09:12 AM
(25-10-2015 09:09 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Troll

That's what we thought. You have no arguments.
BTW, You have written NOTHING on TTA that even approaches (even is in the same league) as my work in the Atheist Agnostic Resource Library. Your contributions to TTA are basically nil. I have an entire body of academic work there.

You, ignorant sir, are in NO position to call anyone a troll.

Make you damn arguments, or STFU.

25-10-2015, 09:17 AM
(25-10-2015 09:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:09 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  A troll, calling another person a troll. lol.

That's what we thought. You have no arguments.
BTW, You have written NOTHING on TTA that even approaches (even is in the same league) as my work in the Atheist Agnostic Resource Library. Your contributions to TTA are basically nil. I have an entire body of academic work there.

[Image: BHh5N.jpg]

-Rick
25-10-2015, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 09:41 AM by Tomasia.)
(25-10-2015 09:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's what we thought. You have no arguments.

I've already made a variety of arguments here in relationship to individuals, attempting to support alternative conclusions of their own. I'm interested primarily in individuals who have argument's of their own here, who attempt to draw alternative conclusions themselves rather than arguing for phantoms.

Trolls like you and TBD, show up primarily to vent your spleens, and the get pissy when you don't get the response you desire from those you try to provoke, or deem as your "chew toys".