Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 09:37 AM
RE: Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(25-10-2015 09:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's what we thought. You have no arguments.
BTW, You have written NOTHING on TTA that even approaches (even is in the same league) as my work in the Atheist Agnostic Resource Library. Your contributions to TTA are basically nil. I have an entire body of academic work there.

You, ignorant sir, are in NO position to call anyone a troll.

Make you damn arguments, or STFU.

I've already made a variety of arguments here in relationship to individuals, attempting to support alternative conclusions of their own. I'm interested primarily in individuals who have argument's of their own here, who attempt to draw alternative conclusions themselves rather than arguing for phantoms.

Trolls like you and TBD, show up primarily to vent your spleens, and the get pissy when you don't get the response you desire from those you try to provoke.

In all seriousness, is this all your replies are going to be from now on? A troll calling us trolls while avoiding the questions/challenges/rebuttals to you? Consider

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2015, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 09:57 AM by Tomasia.)
(25-10-2015 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  In all seriousness, is this all your replies are going to be from now on? :

In regards to you and bucky, our relationship have been fixed this way from the beginning, one's built on mutual antagonism and distrust. I know that whatever questions and discussions you try to elicit from me, are never for the sake of any real dialogue between us, so we don't need to pretend that's why we find ourselves interacting so frequently for honest reasons, but primary to argue for argument's sake. I don't say this is the same with others here, most of whom we have some degree of rapport.

But there's always a small band of folks like yourself, that just tag along like a choir of wolves, mutually enforcing each other. I just play along with you on occasions, since your always trailing right behind me at every turn, but don't think I take our conversation that seriously, they always involve the same trajectory, with no surprises. We have no desire to like each other, but just a desire to remind ourselves that we don't. Some folks ignore antagonist types like you, I don't.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-10-2015, 09:54 AM
(25-10-2015 09:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  In all seriousness, is this all your replies are going to be from now on? :

In regards to you and bucky, our relationship have been fixed this way from the beginning, one's built on mutual antagonism and distrust. I know that whatever questions and discussions you try to elicit from me, are never for the sake of any real dialogue between us, so we don't need to pretend that's why we find ourselves interacting so frequently for honest reasons, but primary to argue for argument's sake.

I don't say this is the same with others here, but there's always a small band of folks like yourself, that just tag along like a choir of wolves, mutually enforcing each other. I just play along with you on occasions, since your always trailing right behind me at every turn, but don't think I take our conversation that seriously, they always involve the same trajectory, with no surprises. We have no desire to like each other, but just a desire to remind ourselves that we don't.

So, yes. You are admitting that you have no actual intentions on trying to have an honest discussion by engaging with the substance of our replies/challenges/critiques/rebuttals.

You are the worst kind of troll. The troll who is too dumb to realize they are a troll.

-Rick
25-10-2015, 09:59 AM
(25-10-2015 09:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

In regards to you and bucky, our relationship have been fixed this way from the beginning, one's built on mutual antagonism and distrust. I know that whatever questions and discussions you try to elicit from me, are never for the sake of any real dialogue between us, so we don't need to pretend that's why we find ourselves interacting so frequently for honest reasons, but primary to argue for argument's sake. I don't say this is the same with others here, most of whom we have some degree of rapport.

But there's always a small band of folks like yourself, that just tag along like a choir of wolves, mutually enforcing each other. I just play along with you on occasions, since your always trailing right behind me at every turn, but don't think I take our conversation that seriously, they always involve the same trajectory, with no surprises. We have no desire to like each other, but just a desire to remind ourselves that we don't. Some folks ignore antagonist types like you, I don't.

"...so we don't need to pretend that's why we find ourselves interacting so frequently for honest reasons..."

Just going to point out that this is an admission that you pretend to have honest discussions.

I have been forthcoming for the entirety of my interactions with you about my intent, I have not been dishonest, but you (once again) assume you are some sort of clairvoyant. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
25-10-2015, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 10:17 AM by Tomasia.)
(25-10-2015 09:54 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So, yes. You are admitting that you have no actual intentions on trying to have an honest discussion by engaging with the substance of our replies/challenges/critiques/rebuttals.

Don't say "our" replies, since you're only representative of yourself for the moment.
And you have no desire to have a honest discussion with me, even after numerous attempts to amend yourself, so I'm not sure why you'd expect me to desire to have one with you? In rare instances something sensible might pass between us, but those moments are few and far between, and only a step from eroding, back to our natural state.

There's plenty of people here who seek to have a honest discussions, but that's not you, perhaps when you talk to other atheists. But you don't need to pretend that you seek to have a honest discussion with me. For me folks like yourself, are just a means for me to gauge how I can control my own temperaments, when dealing with obnoxious pricks.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-10-2015, 10:25 AM
(25-10-2015 10:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:54 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So, yes. You are admitting that you have no actual intentions on trying to have an honest discussion by engaging with the substance of our replies/challenges/critiques/rebuttals.

Don't say "our" replies, since you're only representative of yourself for the moment.
And you have no desire to have a honest discussion with me, even after numerous attempts to amend yourself, so I'm not sure why you'd expect me to desire to have one with you? In rare instances something sensible might pass between us, but those moments are few and far between, and only a step from eroding, back to our natural state.

There's plenty of people here who seek to have a honest discussions, but that's not you, perhaps when you talk to other atheists. But you don't need to pretend that you seek to have a honest discussion with me. For me folks like yourself, are just a means for me to gauge how I can control my own temperaments, when dealing with obnoxious pricks.

"Don't say "our" replies, since you're only representative of yourself for the moment."

"In regards to you and bucky..."

I said "our" in response to what YOU said, dumbass.

"And you have no desire to have a honest discussion with me, even after numerous attempts to amend yourself, so I'm not sure why you'd expect me to desire to have one with you?"

Like I said, I have been forthcoming with you about the intent of replies and comments. You have not.

And why would I expect you to? I don't, but you are the one who has lied about his intentions on the forum. Either admit you aren't here for honest intentions (like you claimed in wanting to learn about atheists/atheism and have discussions with us about atheism. Which is complete bullshit. As you have demonstrated, you are only here to preach your bullshit), of fuck off. Drinking Beverage

" In rare instances something sensible might pass between us, but those moments are few and far between, and only a step from eroding, back to our natural state. "

I have never seen anything sensible pass from your direction, but I should hope you've learned something, even if only the depth of your ignorance and the frequency with which you fallaciously attempt to make your arguments.

"There's plenty of people here who seek to have a honest discussions..."

And you are not one of them

"But you don't need to pretend that you seek to have a honest discussion with me. For me folks like yourself, are just a means for me to gauge how I can control my own temperaments, when dealing with obnoxious pricks."

I haven't pretended, there you go again. Pot calling the kettle black

-Rick
25-10-2015, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 10:45 AM by Tomasia.)
(25-10-2015 10:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Like I said, I have been forthcoming with you about the intent of replies and comments.

What intent is that? Clearly not for the sake of an honest dialogue, lol. We already know what game we play between each other, and that's not one seeking an honest dialogue between us. That's not the type of relationship I prefer here, but that's the one we have isn't it?

25-10-2015, 10:43 AM
(25-10-2015 10:39 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 10:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Like I said, I have been forthcoming with you about the intent of replies and comments.

What intent is that? Clearly not for the sake of an honest dialogue, lol.

"Clearly not for the sake of an honest dialogue, lol."

Clearly not if you aren't here for it.

My intent:
point out your dishonesty. Check
call out your bullshit. Check
point out logical fallacies. Check
back you into a corner based on the ignorant things you say. Check
point out your preaching. Check

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-10-2015, 10:57 AM
(25-10-2015 10:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "Clearly not for the sake of an honest dialogue, lol."

My intent:

And you're surprised why I have no desire for an honest dialogue with you?

25-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(25-10-2015 10:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 10:43 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "Clearly not for the sake of an honest dialogue, lol."

My intent:

And you're surprised why I have no desire for an honest dialogue with you?

You still don't get it. You don't have intentions of honest discussion with anyone.

-Rick