Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(25-10-2015 09:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 09:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's what we thought. You have no arguments.
BTW, You have written NOTHING on TTA that even approaches (even is in the same league) as my work in the Atheist Agnostic Resource Library. Your contributions to TTA are basically nil. I have an entire body of academic work there.

You, ignorant sir, are in NO position to call anyone a troll.

Make you damn arguments, or STFU.

I've already made a variety of arguments here in relationship to individuals, attempting to support alternative conclusions of their own. I'm interested primarily in individuals who have argument's of their own here, who attempt to draw alternative conclusions themselves rather than arguing for phantoms.

Trolls like you and TBD, show up primarily to vent your spleens, and the get pissy when you don't get the response you desire from those you try to provoke, or deem as your "chew toys".

Wrong again, troll. I want specific arguments made by Carrier that you attempt to refute HERE. You have conclusively demonstrated you are incapable of arguing this subject. All you can do is present the usual tripe about angry dishonest atheists, not one of whom you actually know, and a phantom, unsupported (supposed) majority position, which you claim you argue for, with no arguments.

Still no arguments. Still whining about being called out for not presenting any arguments. Enjoy life in the sand box, child.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-10-2015, 11:39 AM
(25-10-2015 09:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I've already made a variety of arguments here in relationship to individuals, attempting to support alternative conclusions of their own. I'm interested primarily in individuals who have argument's of their own here, who attempt to draw alternative conclusions themselves rather than arguing for phantoms.

No one cares what you want. This thread is about Carrier's arguments against historicity. You have made no coherent arguments concerning this discussion, except to call him names, and say he's not in your phantom "mainstream" view. You have addressed NOT ONE of his specific points. You don't even know them well enough to recognize one when it's tossed out.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-10-2015, 11:48 AM
(25-10-2015 10:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You still don't get it. You don't have intentions of honest discussion with anyone.

Judging that most of my relationship with atheists here and elsewhere, have been decent to good, I'll take your accusations with a grain of a salt.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-10-2015, 11:51 AM
(25-10-2015 11:48 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 10:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You still don't get it. You don't have intentions of honest discussion with anyone.

Judging that most of my relationship with atheists here and elsewhere, have been decent to good, I'll take your accusations with a grain of a salt.

Salt is not an argument.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-10-2015, 11:51 AM
(25-10-2015 11:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again, troll. I want specific arguments made by Carrier that you attempt to refute HERE. You have conclusively demonstrated you are incapable of arguing this subject. All you can do is present the usual tripe about angry dishonest atheists, not one of whom you actually know, and a phantom, unsupported (supposed) majority position, which you claim you argue for, with no arguments.

Still no arguments. Still whining about being called out for not presenting any arguments. Enjoy life in the sand box, child.

And still no holders and defenders of Carrier's view. And when I said phantom, I was speaking about this phantom opponent I'm supposed to sit here and argue with.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
25-10-2015, 12:01 PM
(25-10-2015 11:51 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 11:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again, troll. I want specific arguments made by Carrier that you attempt to refute HERE. You have conclusively demonstrated you are incapable of arguing this subject. All you can do is present the usual tripe about angry dishonest atheists, not one of whom you actually know, and a phantom, unsupported (supposed) majority position, which you claim you argue for, with no arguments.

And still no holders and defenders of Carrier's view. And when I said phantom, I was speaking about this phantom opponent I'm supposed to sit here and argue with.

Oh really ? Back to THAT bullshit excuse ?
It's about the arguments. Your lame deflection attempt to wait for someone who says they agree with everything he says is SO obviously a diversionary tactic, dumbass. I see hell will freeze over before you will say exactly what argument of his you disagree with and why ?

This all just proves my initial impression of Tommy-boy. He is here just to hear himself talk, and make himself think he can talk with adults.

He will never say anything specific about anything. He's a slimy as they come.

25-10-2015, 12:15 PM
(25-10-2015 11:48 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Judging by the discussions I have seen on here and the number of atheists calling your bluff, my observations appear to be well founded Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
25-10-2015, 12:29 PM
(25-10-2015 12:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Judging by the discussions I have seen on here and the number of atheists calling your bluff, my observations appear to be well founded Drinking Beverage

No, you're just reinforcing your own polluted judgement. You're just some dude with a chip on your shoulder, that you like to swing around.

25-10-2015, 12:40 PM
(25-10-2015 12:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh really ? Back to THAT bullshit excuse ?
It's about the arguments. Your lame deflection attempt to wait for someone who says they agree with everything he says is SO obviously a diversionary tactic, dumbass. I see hell will freeze over before you will say exactly what argument of his you disagree with and why ?

No, you just don't like hearing "no" for an answer.

You want me to pick any random point of Carrier's, and argue here as to why I disagree with it, even though there's no particular person here defending Carrier's positions. I'm just telling you no, I don't care to do that.

What's so hard about understanding that? You want me to play some game with you, and I'm just telling you, no, go find someone else to play that with you.

25-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(25-10-2015 12:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 12:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Judging by the discussions I have seen on here and the number of atheists calling your bluff, my observations appear to be well founded Drinking Beverage

No, you're just reinforcing your own polluted judgement. You're just some dude with a chip on your shoulder, that you like to swing around.

More amateur psychologist.

Let's recap all the things you pretend your proficient in:
Atheists
Atheism
History
Psychology
Philosophy
Science
The Judicial System

You're either a genius, or an idiot. Consider

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick