Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(27-10-2015 09:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 09:40 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  So what's your purpose again?

To paint me in a particular sort of way, and then to get everybody to agree with your depiction? Perhaps to run me out of town or something? What's your end goal here?

No, I just let you paint your own picture

So what's your purpose again? You apparently want get away from people like me, but yet your waiting around the corner, interjecting yourself at every turn.

How does any of this assist you in getting away from people like me?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 10:39 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-10-2015 09:40 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 09:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Any guesses as to why I don't leave you alone?

(hint the answer is, other people on the forum continue to recognize your blatant dishonesty)

So what's your purpose again?

To paint me in a particular sort of way, and then to get everybody to agree with your depiction? Perhaps to run me out of town or something? What's your end goal here?

The real question has always been, "What is YOUR end goal here?"

If your Jebus-dude was real, or was a myth, he can maybe be seen as a "nice guy".
So what ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-10-2015, 10:20 AM
(27-10-2015 09:58 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 09:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, I just let you paint your own picture

So what's your purpose again? You apparently want get away from people like me, but yet your waiting around the corner, interjecting yourself at every turn.

How does any of this assist you in getting away from people like me?

Yet again, I refer you to the answer to this question given to you already

Reading <- do it Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
27-10-2015, 11:27 AM
(27-10-2015 10:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Yet again, I refer you to the answer to this question given to you already

But for what purpose? You said you're here to get away from people like myself. Instead you find yourself always around the corner, repeating the same exact patterns, over and over again.

How does pointing out whatever it is you think you're pointing out, help you to get away from people like myself? Because clearly your strategy hasn't worked.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
27-10-2015, 11:50 AM
(27-10-2015 11:27 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 10:20 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Yet again, I refer you to the answer to this question given to you already

But for what purpose? You said you're here to get away from people like myself. Instead you find yourself always around the corner, repeating the same exact patterns, over and over again.

How does pointing out whatever it is you think you're pointing out, help you to get away from people like myself? Because clearly your strategy hasn't worked.

You are denser than lead. Facepalm

Try and use your brain for a few minutes and reflect on the interactions, the questions, the rebuttals, and the things I actually say to you and point out.

Then ask yourself this question: "Why am I on TTA?" <- my purpose is to get you to be honest for just once

-Rick
27-10-2015, 12:46 PM
(27-10-2015 08:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
Quote:Because you believe your place in heaven is dependant on you believing in Jesus.
Don't you?

No, I don’t think my place in heaven is dependent on holding some set of historical beliefs regarding Yeshua, if that what you’re asking here.
Do you believe in heaven?
How do you believe that you get there?
27-10-2015, 01:11 PM
(27-10-2015 12:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Do you believe in heaven?

By holding hands and singing kumbaya, how else?

[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
27-10-2015, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 01:38 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
Richard Carrier On the Historicity of Jesus
(27-10-2015 01:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Apparently by lying Drinking Beverage

Or maybe better to say, "by being a blatantly dishonest individual and misrepresenting yourself and the positions of others."

-Rick
27-10-2015, 02:13 PM
(27-10-2015 01:11 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Most Christians think they get to heaven by accepting Jesus as their saviour and by Jesus' redemption on the cross washing away their sins.

Do you not accept Jesus as your saviour? Do you think Jesus' death was irrelevant?
27-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Oh come on, guys, you have to admit that was funny!!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson