Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason & Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2013, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2013 06:47 AM by Diogenes of Mayberry.)
RE: Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason & Science
Well, I guess I've been schooled by Chippy.

You're absolutely right, I had no idea that Dr. Strangelove was originally a satire. How did I ever miss that? Wonders never cease.

And just for the record, I was offered a contract from a publisher in New York, but I turned down their wholly one-sided terms and decided to self-publish. I think that achievement alone speaks for itself, considering most would-be-authors never get that far; and, that the RDF found it suitably decent to list it.

Why do I get the sense that you are bitter and frustrated high school English teacher, whose own manuscript sits moulding in a drawer, under some well-used copies of an adult magazine?

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Diogenes of Mayberry's post
15-10-2013, 06:51 AM
(15-10-2013 04:20 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(15-10-2013 03:16 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Another diatribe against Christianity that completely ignores Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox Judaism and their hijacking of US foreign policy, misogyny, scriptural literalism, ethnocentrism and general nuttiness (e.g. this, this and this).

Are you ethnically Jewish?

Hey junior, have you read the book? If not, shut the fuck up.

Congrats Diogenes. I haven't read it, but will buy it.

Mark F,
This is SO damn hilarious, but quite predictable. Since day one here, chip-on-his-shoulder, this patronizing pompous jerk, has been demanding that HIS agenda, and HIS topics, and ONLY his bullshit are what are permissible for discussion. Where in hell anywhere, did anyone, any place, suggest that your "license", or a license, was an issue or a barrier to participation ? Nowhere.

From out of the blue, there comes a laundry list of what someone else's book MUST contain, and issues which someone else MUST address, to be legitimate. His holiness, chips-for-a-brain, is the book Nazi, (doncha know) and having one's topics and books on the "Pontifex Maximus Chippi Locorum Prohibitorum" is a high honor. Tongue http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...674?page=7

He's so fucking jealous someone else actually published something, he can't see straight. It is seriously hilarious that in this case, first impressions were exactly correct. (Yeah, I told ya so). "Negative (-2): Presumptuous, arrogant condescending asshole"

Wow. Another I and I.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-10-2013, 06:57 AM
(15-10-2013 03:16 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(15-10-2013 01:33 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  Thanks, and now that I have your attention, my book, Manifest Insanity, has been listed on Professor Dawkins website.

Another diatribe against Christianity that completely ignores Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox Judaism and their hijacking of US foreign policy, misogyny, scriptural literalism, ethnocentrism and general nuttiness (e.g. this, this and this).

Are you ethnically Jewish?

Are you saying we should hate Jews as much as Christians? Personally, I don't care for the book, nor for jewish conspiracy theories.
15-10-2013, 06:57 AM
(15-10-2013 06:44 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  You're absolutely right, I had no idea that Dr. Strangelove was originally a satire. How did I ever miss that? Wonders never cease.

Is that an example of the irony that you employ in your book? Devastating.

So what then is a "is a satirical reimagining of Dr. Strangelove"? How do you satirically reimagine something that is already satirical? You are borrowing the satirical plot of Dr. Strangelove in your reimagining, not producing a satirical version of Dr. Strangelove. Fucking idiot. You can't even accurately describe your own shitty book.

Quote:Why do I get the sense that you are bitter and frustrated high school English teacher, whose own manuscript sits moulding in a drawer, under some well-used copies of an adult magazine?

You get that sense because you are a presumptuous tool. I'm not a teacher and I didn't study English and I have no manuscripts. Also any dickhead can self-publish as you've demonstrated.

Why do I get the sense that you are an ignorant fuckhead? Answer: I read your excerpts and blurb.
15-10-2013, 06:58 AM
(15-10-2013 06:57 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  Are you saying we should hate Jews as much as Christians?

Yes.
15-10-2013, 07:26 AM
(15-10-2013 06:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Congrats Diogenes. I haven't read it, but will buy it.

Written by an ignorant talentless dickhead for other ignorant talentless dickheads. It is a case of knowing your market.

Quote:Mark F,

Mark Fuckwit and Bucky Ballsack don't like me, I'm so intimidated. Such huge intellects. Engage in mutual masturbation with Mark Fuckwad as much as you like, it makes no difference.

Quote:This is SO damn hilarious, but quite predictable.

That you read self-published shit like this is "SO damn hilarious, but quite predictable".

Quote:Since day one here, chip-on-his-shoulder, this patronizing pompous jerk, has been demanding that HIS agenda, and HIS topics, and ONLY his bullshit are what are permissible for discussion.

Such devastating critique.

Quote:Where in hell anywhere, did anyone, any place, suggest that your "license", or a license, was an issue or a barrier to participation ? Nowhere.

So why are you trying to silence me, cuntass?

Quote:From out of the blue, there comes a laundry list of what someone else's book MUST contain, and issues which someone else MUST address, to be legitimate.

Yes, and? If someone wants to spam an advert for their book then I can respond to that.

Quote:He's so fucking jealous someone else actually published something, he can't see straight.
[quote]

Yes because self-publishing electronically is so exclusive and prestigious.

[quote]
It is seriously hilarious that in this case, first impressions were exactly correct. (Yeah, I told ya so). "Negative (-2): Presumptuous, arrogant condescending asshole"

That I am unlike you is important to me.
15-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Do I sense the first victim of rule 5?

Congrats on the book Diogenes of Mayberry.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-10-2013, 08:11 AM
(15-10-2013 07:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do I sense the first victim of rule 5?

Are you volunteering? Tongue

I'll volunteer:

[Image: 1383020_591883510875480_2128136870_n.png]

I love my Gwynnies! HeartHeartHeartHeart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
15-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Nah, you lot need me.
And it can't be you because I said so.

I was implying Chip.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-10-2013, 08:36 AM
No

Why can't you children just play nice?

What's with all the posturing?

Congrats, Diogenes. And that was a shameful book-plug.

See? Balance.

Tongue