Richard Dawkins applauds my channel.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2011, 05:39 PM

Richard Dawkins applauds my channel.
Some of you don't seem to be taking much notice of my threads and videos, but it seems someone is Wink

Earlier this week, I received an E-mail from Richard Dawkins applauding my ability at debunking Islamic claimed miracles.
Earlier today, I found that he has now personally written an article about my channel on his website Big Grin

http://richarddawkins.net/discussions/59...e#comments

(The article also links to my channel and I'm 'Islamdebunked', it's my username on the website)

-----------------
On a side note, once again, A collaboration of users (5 including myself) have created a video to promote the fact that we thoroughly debunk Islamic claimed miracles (something which few people do these days).
I would really appreciate some sharing,bulletins and/or mirrors of our video to help those on-the-fence-muslims and unprepared atheists (on the subject) to let them know that we're here for them, thankyou.Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksvQOAC-bp8
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2011, 05:47 PM

RE: Richard Dawkins applauds my channel.
Congrats on the praise you received from Mr. Dawkins. However, I am not sure that you endeavor is completely wonderful as you seem to basically picking specific surahs and demonstrating that they are false...well, the entire Koran is false...there really is not any need, in my opinion, to go surah by surah.
26-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Congratulations and good work. Since most of us here are ex-christians (me included) or dealing with christians, we may not have given your work as much as it deserves. Since I know almost no Islamics at this time, I am limited to what I can do. I will keep my eyes open and look for places to share this with potential target audiences.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2011, 05:49 PM

(26-02-2011 05:47 PM)sano Wrote:  Congrats on the praise you received from Mr. Dawkins. However, I am not sure that you endeavor is completely wonderful as you seem to basically picking specific surahs and demonstrating that they are false...well, the entire Koran is false...there really is not any need, in my opinion, to go surah by surah.

The channel responds to the claims made about the verses and their claimed scientific insight, therefor, only the Sura's actually being used can be refuted.
26-02-2011, 05:51 PM

(26-02-2011 05:49 PM)TheIslammiracle Wrote:  The channel responds to the claims made about the verses and their claimed scientific insight, therefor, only the Sura's actually being used can be refuted.

I get it, but it is still somewhat akin to explaining that each of Santa's elves are false when it is widely known that the entire fairytale is false.
26-02-2011, 06:06 PM
(26-02-2011 05:51 PM)sano Wrote:  I get it, but it is still somewhat akin to explaining that each of Santa's elves are false when it is widely known that the entire fairytale is false.

The problem in debunking religion is that accepting one's religion is wrong is too big a step for the believers. Debunking one thing at a time will set the stage for some converts, but none are willing to do it in one go.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
26-02-2011, 06:11 PM

(26-02-2011 06:06 PM)No J. Wrote:  The problem in debunking religion is that accepting one's religion is wrong is too big a step for the believers. Debunking one thing at a time will set the stage for some converts, but none are willing to do it in one go.

I get it. It just seems tedious and mildly pointless.

Those that need numerous explanations in order to see the fallacies that permeate religious dogma/theology are likely to not take it seriously in the first place.
26-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes. It is tedious, but not pointless. When religion gains political power there is always HELL TO PAY. Avoiding that is what makes it nessessary.

26-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Congratulations on the recognition! Big Grin I'm glad to see that there are users out there working against fundamentalist Islam just as there are against Christianity! I wish I knew more about Islam to give your work the attention it deserves!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2011, 08:24 PM
wow, that's great, but do you ever have received any death threats ?