Richard Dawkins is coming to my city.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Richard Dawkins is coming to my city.
My dad called me today to let me know, as I had no idea. He was a bit late though, because the event in which he's participating is fully booked and I can't possibly get in. What a bummer. He will also be signing books at the end Sadcryface

I'm so upset that I'm gonna miss this, I never thought he'd ever visit my country and I was hoping it would happen someday and now that it's happening I can't be there.

I can, however, ask a question on twitter which may be answered. I've been thinking of things I'd want to ask him for years, and now the event is tomorrow and I can't think of a single thing.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like undergroundp's post
23-04-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Richard Dawkins is coming to my city.
(23-04-2015 02:58 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  My dad called me today to let me know, as I had no idea. He was a bit late though, because the event in which he's participating is fully booked and I can't possibly get in. What a bummer. He will also be signing books at the end Sadcryface

I'm so upset that I'm gonna miss this, I never thought he'd ever visit my country and I was hoping it would happen someday and now that it's happening I can't be there.

I can, however, ask a question on twitter which may be answered. I've been thinking of things I'd want to ask him for years, and now the event is tomorrow and I can't think of a single thing.

Where do you live?

There are many amateur "Richard Dawkinses" on this forum who can answer questions ...so fire away.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-04-2015, 02:37 AM
(23-04-2015 06:26 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 02:58 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  My dad called me today to let me know, as I had no idea. He was a bit late though, because the event in which he's participating is fully booked and I can't possibly get in. What a bummer. He will also be signing books at the end Sadcryface

Where do you live?

There are many amateur "Richard Dawkinses" on this forum who can answer questions ...so fire away.

I live in Athens.
I don't see how asking people here would help since it's more of a "ask me anything" focused on him, rather than some talk on evolution or religion.

We all have our personal questions for writers when we read their books, don't we? And anyway, I was just hoping I could at least have a question of mine answered since I won't be able to see him.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
24-04-2015, 04:41 AM
Ask him why he's so 'strident'.

I'm sure no one's ever asked him that before.

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-04-2015, 04:58 AM
What cologne does he wear?

I mean, does he smell like an old man, or does he smell good?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-04-2015, 06:50 AM
(24-04-2015 04:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Ask him why he's so 'strident'.

I'm sure no one's ever asked him that before.

Wink

(24-04-2015 04:58 AM)Nurse Wrote:  What cologne does he wear?

I mean, does he smell like an old man, or does he smell good?

Believe it or not, these two questions are much better than what I've seen tweeted so far.
I doubt the person asking him the questions from Twitter will be able to find even three good ones in there.

Three hours left and I still haven't thought of something good.

-Guybrush Threepwood-