Richard Dawkins: racist, sexist... pedophile?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Re: RE: Richard Dawkins: racist, sexist... pedophile?
(11-09-2013 11:43 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 04:16 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He's had tweets expressing his point of this more.

@RichardDawkins "mild touching up" is bad. Raping 8-year-old wife to death is worse. Worse? That's putting it mildly. Quantitative judgment vs black/white.

What happened to him and his schoolmates is mild in comparison to that recent story.

Idolization, people. When you find yourself trying to rationalize and accept pedophilia because it happened in the past or it "wasn't as bad as you can imagine".

'I can think of a more serious rape. That was just mild rape, I can't condemn that. Why would you?' I wonder if he'd change his tune if the teacher was a priest Drinking Beverage

Can't condemn it...by the same standards.

Realize the point by its actual message when having disagreement with it. There are layers of disgust to have based on how heinous the act was.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: Richard Dawkins: racist, sexist... pedophile?
(10-09-2013 02:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Pedophilia = "sexual feelings directed toward children"

"Mild" just means he likes them a little bit.

Me? I'm pedophobic.

Yeah, but he is talking about a teacher putting him and others on his lap and reaching in their pants.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-09-2013, 12:14 PM
(11-09-2013 11:43 AM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 04:16 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He's had tweets expressing his point of this more.

@RichardDawkins "mild touching up" is bad. Raping 8-year-old wife to death is worse. Worse? That's putting it mildly. Quantitative judgment vs black/white.

What happened to him and his schoolmates is mild in comparison to that recent story.

Idolization, people. When you find yourself trying to rationalize and accept pedophilia because it happened in the past or it "wasn't as bad as you can imagine".

'I can think of a more serious rape. That was just mild rape, I can't condemn that. Why would you?' I wonder if he'd change his tune if the teacher was a priest Drinking Beverage

Exactly. Either the teacher stuck his hand in their pants or not. There is no sticking a little bit of hand in there.

He says he thinks there was no ill effect on any of the other kids. How the fuck does he know that? Does he still know his grade school mates intimately? Does he expect them to loudly announce that they were abused and that they are suffering because of it? It's the most under reported crime there is.

Be careful with this topic, Seth showed up last time and buried the thread and scolded us. Several TTA members had post traumatic syndrome cropping up upon reading that thread. Sexual abuse of children mars many for life. Please be considerate this time and don't open deep wounds other members may have. PTS attacks are devastating.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Dawkins has referred to this more than once. It was common knowledge amongst English schoolboys that some teachers liked boys, got close, rubbed; hence, 'mild'.

This is not a question of rape.

Many of the posts in this thread are over the top. And I&I is a slanderous asshole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-09-2013, 02:14 PM
PEOPLE JUST CAN'T LEAVE THE PEDOPHILIA WELL ENOUGH ALONE. LOCKING THIS THREAD FOR THE TIME BEING. HAVE TO DISCUSS SOME THINGS. CHECK BACK LATER.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Thread Closed