Richard Handl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2011, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 10:03 PM by Hughsie.)
Richard Handl
Anyone else heard what this guys been doing for the last 6 months?

He bought radioactive materials and started building a makeshift nuclear reactor in his kitchen in an attempt to split the atom!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14406766

I know that when you get, what you think is, an ingenious idea in your head it can be very engrossing (which is how I nearly set my house on fire with my family asleep upstairs Angel ) but this is taking it a little far.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
RE: Richard Handl
I read about that yesterday and it made me laugh. Talk about taking a hands on approach to science.

Hes one step away from being a supervillan he only needs henchmen and a secret base.
If he actually got to finish it would either go really well or more likely horribly wrong.

If he can build a nuclear reactor at home i wonder if i can construct a death ray. Ive been looking to get into the whole supervillan thing.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
04-08-2011, 10:25 PM
You've got it all wrong. You start with henchmen so they can nab you all the electronic goodies you need for your schemes.
People shouldn't be allowed to buy that shit... I mean seriously we need a law for this?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Bwhaha...
I picture him drinking orange Aquarius while stirring his "reactor" in the meantime sterilizing himself and everything in a radius of 3m around him while saying...
"my computer keeps locking up"

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-08-2011, 04:48 AM
(04-08-2011 10:25 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You've got it all wrong. You start with henchmen so they can nab you all the electronic goodies you need for your schemes.
People shouldn't be allowed to buy that shit... I mean seriously we need a law for this?

Ah that makes sense maybe I should go back to the drawing board with the whole supervillan/world domination thing until I've worked out all the little things. Note to self watch more 007 movies.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Inventors have radioactive and in other ways noxious gases around all the time. I guess it's just always been the practice of warehouses storing dangerous materials for use by quacks.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.