Richard III - BBC Documentary Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Video Richard III - BBC Documentary Discussion
With all the news going on about Richard III's remains being found in a parking lot has been rather interesting for myself. A couple of days ago, I found a BBC Documentary on the subject:

Quote:Richard III The King in the Car Park

History Documentary hosted by Simon Farnaby, published by Channel 4 in 2013 - English narration

Information
------------------------------
Richard III The King in the Car Park
When a skeleton was reported found under a Leicester council car park in September 2012, the news
broke around the world. Could it be the remains, lost for 500 years, of England's most infamous
king? In a world exclusive, Channel 4 has the full inside story of the hunt for Richard III. The
discovery of the body and the battery of scientific tests to establish its identity have been
carried out in complete secrecy, with no footage of them seen by anyone but the investigating team.
But this programme - made by the only team allowed to follow the scientists - tells every step,
twist and turn of the story. It unveils a brand new facial reconstruction made from the skull and -
in scenes shot just hours before broadcast - reveals the results of the final tests that confirm or
deny the body's identity.

While watching this documentary, I came across the "Richard III Society" and these people made claims about Richard III and his life. Although there is little information to really go on, they were strongly opinionated. I felt as if these people were displaying the same kind of "loyalty" towards Richard III as they might to a deity. I didn't have religion on the mind at all during this showing, but it sure crept in once I started hearing people saying things with absolute convictions about the life of Richard III.

If you are interested, I would strongly recommend finding this documentary. So I don't incriminate myself, I will let you derive how to find it. I think it was absolutely an interesting view and it really was much better than I thought it was going to be once I saw the title.

If after watching it, you have a similar feeling about those who are in the Richard III Society in the documentary, I'd love to hear your comments, or even if you disagree and you don't think that the people in their group are steadfast on their beliefs about Richard III, please post.

Thanks and have a super wonderful splendid day folks!

Further Reading:
BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lei...e-21328380
Telegraph UK: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvand...eview.html

[Image: _65682907_richardcomp.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sunnyandtony's post