Richard Nixon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 03:33 PM
RE: Richard Nixon
(15-03-2015 03:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 03:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The first president that I remember is Kennedy. LBJ didn't make much of an impression on me. I just recall that Kennedy was quite charismatic and had a movie star quality to me. Nixon was a grumpy looking, grouchy old man...as seen through the eyes of a kid anyway.

There's a strong argument that Nixon lost to Kennedy because of his looks.
The 1960 debate was the first televised, when you put Nixon and Kennedy on the same stage, Nixon's trollish looks really stand out.

Yet, people who heard the debate on the radio overwhelmingly felt Nixon won.

He looked terrible, wrong color suit and was sweating. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-03-2015, 03:46 PM
(15-03-2015 03:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 03:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  There's a strong argument that Nixon lost to Kennedy because of his looks.
The 1960 debate was the first televised, when you put Nixon and Kennedy on the same stage, Nixon's trollish looks really stand out.

Yet, people who heard the debate on the radio overwhelmingly felt Nixon won.

Lol. I read that the Kennedy aids let it be known that Kennedy wasn't going to wear any makeup, so of course the Nixon people didn't want to be wimps and decided they wouldn't put their guy in any makeup either. Well, the Kennedy people, who were much more savvy about lighting and cameras and stuff, had no intention of having JFK go on camera without makeup ( what, are ya' stupid or somethin?) but they knew how Nixon thought and, sure enough, Nixon shows up with no makeup looking like a troll.

Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-03-2015, 03:53 PM
(15-03-2015 03:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 03:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yet, people who heard the debate on the radio overwhelmingly felt Nixon won.

Lol. I read that the Kennedy aids let it be known that Kennedy wasn't going to wear any makeup, so of course the Nixon people didn't want to be wimps and decided they wouldn't put their guy in any makeup either. Well, the Kennedy people, who were much more savvy about lighting and cameras and stuff, had no intention of having JFK go on camera without makeup ( what, are ya' stupid or somethin?) but they knew how Nixon thought and, sure enough, Nixon shows up with no makeup looking like a troll.

Big Grin

Actually it's the opposite. Nixon's people wanted him to wear makeup, because Kennedy and all actors on tv did. Nixon refused saying he wanted the people to see him, not a made-up version. He quickly realized there was a reason actors wear makeup.

15-03-2015, 04:20 PM
(15-03-2015 03:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 03:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Lol. I read that the Kennedy aids let it be known that Kennedy wasn't going to wear any makeup, so of course the Nixon people didn't want to be wimps and decided they wouldn't put their guy in any makeup either. Well, the Kennedy people, who were much more savvy about lighting and cameras and stuff, had no intention of having JFK go on camera without makeup ( what, are ya' stupid or somethin?) but they knew how Nixon thought and, sure enough, Nixon shows up with no makeup looking like a troll.

Big Grin

Actually it's the opposite. Nixon's people wanted him to wear makeup, because Kennedy and all actors on tv did. Nixon refused saying he wanted the people to see him, not a made-up version. He quickly realized there was a reason actors wear makeup.

Oh, I read the opposite. But whatever. Nixon looked like hell. Kennedy was also in Florida soaking up the sun prior to the debate so looked more relaxed. I think the medication that Kennedy took had a side effect of giving his skin a tanned color too. I read that once but don't know if it's actually true.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-03-2015, 04:37 PM
(15-03-2015 04:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 03:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Actually it's the opposite. Nixon's people wanted him to wear makeup, because Kennedy and all actors on tv did. Nixon refused saying he wanted the people to see him, not a made-up version. He quickly realized there was a reason actors wear makeup.

Oh, I read the opposite. But whatever. Nixon looked like hell. Kennedy was also in Florida soaking up the sun prior to the debate so looked more relaxed. I think the medication that Kennedy took had a side effect of giving his skin a tanned color too. I read that once but don't know if it's actually true.

Kennedy had Addisons and a seriously messed up back, some of his meds might have caused him to be more susceptible to sunburn (some high blood pressure pills today caution about it). He liked the outdoors so he was very tanned. It's actually a wonder he had as much sex as he's purported to have.