Richard Stuckmeyer - some verses for you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: Richard Stuckmeyer - some verses for you
(30-01-2013 04:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 04:27 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  He's a troll, folks. Laugh out load

(Either that, or Poe's Law is in full swing here on the ol' TTA)
Troll or not, he's not helping Christianity.
Isn't this some sort of sick twisted no true scottsman fallacy? Atheists are humans. Christians are humans. We're all human... does anyone really do a specific belief true justice if we are all human in the first place and subject to fallacy?
Consider
I kinda chuckle whenever someone tries to use bible verses to calm another believer down. It's like both of them raise a shield and sword, hide behind a wall and toss rocks at each other for a while till one of them finally leaves. "NO, I'm right!" "no... I am!" "yeah well you're making us all look bad!" "no, you are! you heathen!"
Laughat

Partially joshin' ya. But really it does tend to toss up a wall.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 10:21 PM
(30-01-2013 10:16 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  No, that's a meeting of the Atheists Brotherhood. Tongue

Is that where we all get around that dark round table with upside down crucifixes and dead cats hanging from our necks while looking through red crystal balls and hailing lucifer? Or are we talking the meeting where statistically 199% of us voted for Obama?
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
30-01-2013, 10:23 PM
(30-01-2013 10:16 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:01 PM)Julius Wrote:  Yeah...I can see it now. I bet Heaven looks something like this:

Or...maybe like this:

No, that's a meeting of the Atheists Brotherhood. Tongue
Yeah...because everyone knows Fascism is only for Atheists:

[Image: ChurchServiceNazis.JPG]
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
30-01-2013, 10:33 PM
(30-01-2013 10:23 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:16 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  No, that's a meeting of the Atheists Brotherhood. Tongue
Yeah...because everyone knows Fascism is only for Atheists:

So, you actually paid attention in history class? How great for you. Or were you being facetious? Oh my. You didnt know that Hitler was atheist and used the Roman Catholic Church to advance his own purposes? Silly me, here I thought you really knew something. Tongue
30-01-2013, 10:34 PM
(30-01-2013 10:21 PM)Logisch Wrote:  

Is that where we all get around that dark round table with upside down crucifixes and dead cats hanging from our necks while looking through red crystal balls and hailing lucifer? Or are we talking the meeting where statistically 199% of us voted for Obama?
Irrelevant bloviation. You never learn do you? Tongue
30-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Attempt at humor, sir. You seemed you were as well Wink Nothing more.
30-01-2013, 11:20 PM
I watched an episode of top gear today. They (richard, james and jeremy) had put various "embarrassing" slogans on each others cars (man love is ok, hillary for president, nascar sucks, the west is rubbish) and were driving through Alabama. When they went to get gas they were promptly attacked by rednecks from all directions.

Good grief is america fucked.

also rich watch what yer doin cause i'm keepin an eye on ya.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
30-01-2013, 11:22 PM
(30-01-2013 11:20 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I watched an episode of top gear today. They (richard, james and jeremy) had put various "embarrassing" slogans on each others cars (man love is ok, hillary for president, nascar sucks, the west is rubbish) and were driving through Alabama. When they went to get gas they were promptly attacked by rednecks from all directions.

Good grief is america fucked.

also rich watch what yer doin cause i'm keepin an eye on ya.
To be fair... Top Gear is a show for entertainment and I do think there is more than a fair share of things that are staged. Not saying there aren't places in the USA like that... but ... yeah.
31-01-2013, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 08:27 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-01-2013 10:33 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:23 PM)Julius Wrote:  Yeah...because everyone knows Fascism is only for Atheists:

So, you actually paid attention in history class? How great for you. Or were you being facetious? Oh my. You didnt know that Hitler was atheist and used the Roman Catholic Church to advance his own purposes? Silly me, here I thought you really knew something. Tongue

Let's assume you're right, and Hitler was an atheist (and he most likely wasn't, but just for the sake of argument). What does that get you? A nation full of Lutherans and Catholics was able to be swayed by one non-believer into committing genocide against their fellow humans. Is this an indictment against atheism or religion?

Do we have one scenario were the German people are overwhelmingly religious and inherently good, yet able to be swayed into genocide by a single pretender? What does this say about the power of their faith? What does this say about the power of their god?

Or we have another far more likely scenario on our hands. One where the German people had been involved in centuries of antisemitic violence, persecution, and pogroms; stemming from and supported by both the Lutheran and Catholic churches. That in a time of great depression and turmoil, Hitler rose to power by vilifying the 'other' and uniting the majority of Germans by scapegoating an easily targeted minority; one with a history of being targets.

There is no doubt that Hitler was a political opportunist; but his rise too power through scapegoating others was helped by the religiosity of the German people, not hindered by it. If Hitler had went up before the German people and blamed all of their troubles on the Jews, and the German people had instead said "No, you're insane", Hitler wouldn't have been able to do the things that he did. That's not to say WWII would never of happened, or that some other fanatic with another agenda might not have come to power. But Hitler's antisemitism enabled him to rather easily get the German people to write him a blank check, which he cashed to start both World War II and the Holocaust.

Somehow I doubt that credulity, skepticism, or demanding too much evidence for their beliefs was a strong contributing factor in Hitler's rise to power. In fact, I'd posit the exact opposite is what happened.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-01-2013, 06:52 AM
(30-01-2013 10:33 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  So, you actually paid attention in history class? How great for you. Or were you being facetious? Oh my. You didnt know that Hitler was atheist and used the Roman Catholic Church to advance his own purposes? Silly me, here I thought you really knew something. Tongue
Am I to take it that you have never read Hitler's book "Mein Kampf"? I've got a copy of it right next to me, in case you want me to quote the relevant passages to you.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post