Richard dawkins the messiah of atheism !!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-04-2010, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2010 07:41 AM by Germanatheist007.)
Tongue Richard dawkins the messiah of atheism !!!
Hey folks.

You know that the creationists are very funny people with very funny beliefs
(talking snakes, unicorns, dragons, zombies... etc.)Tongue.
But they´re also very good in making up stories, like you all know^^.
some creationists actually think, that richard dawkins is something like a messiah to us. Here´s an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKryi3605g

and that´s not all, they´ve also made a whole website only about this little "victory"

http://creation.com/was-dawkins-stumped-...uted-again

Man, that´s just pathetic. Just because an atheist thought about 30 seconds for an answer, creationist are thinking they´ve won the fight just because they don´t have to think for an answer (the only answers they have to learn are: "god did it!" or "because the bible tells me so!")

haha and now take a look at the comments

hearsay09: Atheist followers are being led by this joker? LMAO XD

yeah, an expert...

englishjames007:
so where's your missing link then?.... you idiot, just accept that there's things beyond you and us all... apart from proven statements from Jesus Christ, and his forebearers.... just have faith instead of trying to disprove something your quite clearly not qualified to comment on

huhu the freethinker, all-knowing, well informed genius has spoken^^

buschmann69:
Dawkins doesn't believe in evolution deep down in his heart, BUT, he realises that he can become well known and earn a lot of money writing dumb books, because human beings are so vulnerable !!

ok, i think we all know that this is bullcrap.
I wonder who needs the money and fame...
Richard dawkins the oxford professor or guys who have to show off with doctoral degrees they don´t even have and get imprisoned because of tax avoidance *cough* kent hovind *cough*.

Yes the vulnerable humans, belief in such things like THEORYS!!!
Just because they´re supported by evidences and 150 years of scientific researchs...
instead of believing in scriptures written by cofused mortal man who feared of unicorns an dragons and lived during the bronce age...
man, atheists are so naive

It´s always the same religous people are claiming that we atheists are offensive and know nothing about religion, at all. But all they are doing are hate speeches and racism...

be happy that you proofed again why people laugh at you

We did it
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/a/5/9/a...1a3617.jpg

now, at least some people are really more intelligent then mr. dawkins and can see the light of his noodliness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5dtQPR-q...re=related
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2010, 06:39 PM
RE: Richard dawkins the messiah of atheism !!!
Actually, Dawkins wasn't thinking about their question, but his own pressing question; Should I throw these creationists out of my house? Sorry, I would site my sources, but my internet is simply to slow.

I think it's just the mind set. "We must not question the bible/pope/priest/whatever" they just get into the mind set that everyone needs a leader, and Dawkins' is ours. Honestly, I disagree with Dawkins on several points, and I don't feel that it's wrong.

And I realize that Martin can get a little wily sometimes, but lets not presume things. I've never heard him say that, and even if a million other Christians have, it's best not to put words in his mouth.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-04-2010, 09:46 PM

GA, the videos you posted were actually a hoax:

Richard Dawkins 'stumped' hoax videos exposed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uz1CiDDI...re=related

As per the video comments:

"This video shows 2 popular videos on youtube of Richard Dawkins appearing to be stumped on a question played parallel. It exposes the continuity errors of his expressions during a question which he could have answered easily and has answered before. At least one of the videos is portraying him being stumped when in reality he just discovered they were creationists and was wondering how to best handle the situation."
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 03:20 AM by Germanatheist007.)
(05-04-2010 06:39 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  And I realize that Martin can get a little wily sometimes, but lets not presume things. I've never heard him say that, and even if a million other Christians have, it's best not to put words in his mouth.

yes, i changed that, i was very tired last night^^.

And superman, i know. i saw that video, too. But i just wanted to show that they´re thinking that we are lead by mr. dawkins and have to share his opinion in every point...
06-04-2010, 08:20 AM
(05-04-2010 06:39 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I think it's just the mind set. "We must not question the bible/pope/priest/whatever" they just get into the mind set that everyone needs a leader, and Dawkins' is ours. Honestly, I disagree with Dawkins on several points, and I don't feel that it's wrong.

This is exactly right. It's a mindset issue. Theists believe they communicate with or have experience of an objective, perfect standard. They (most, I think) believe that there is a Messiah or God who is the source of all truth and knowledge. And so when they hear a non-believer give a statement of admiration for a person, or give respect to science and logic, they equate the non-believer's mindset to their own. Meaning they think that we think science is perfect, scientists are perfect, and so on.

I ran into this exact same issue very recently, specifically over the subject of medicines. I quote from my friend - "yeah but some medicines are good, some bad. Some medicines have killed people." The conversation was getting heated at this point (something I am working on controlling...) so I simply replied "yep. What's your point?" She told me that I seemed to think science is perfect. I had to point out that I had never once said that. I simply said it was the best method that we have for understanding reality.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
08-04-2010, 03:59 AM
i disagree with dawkins in many points too. Like what he said about the pope
08-04-2010, 05:25 AM

(08-04-2010 03:59 AM)Germanatheist007 Wrote:  i disagree with dawkins in many points too. Like what he said about the pope

Sorry, which statement about the pope? There is only one that I recall him saying, referring to the current pope as 'pope nazi'. Is this the one?
08-04-2010, 06:00 AM
(08-04-2010 05:25 AM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  
(08-04-2010 03:59 AM)Germanatheist007 Wrote:  i disagree with dawkins in many points too. Like what he said about the pope

Sorry, which statement about the pope? There is only one that I recall him saying, referring to the current pope as 'pope nazi'. Is this the one?

yes, that has nothing to do with the religion, it´s only an attack against the pope. In my opinion that´s not better then this stalin and hitler (who was actually a christian) thing, creationists use against us all the time.
08-04-2010, 08:28 AM

(08-04-2010 06:00 AM)Germanatheist007 Wrote:  
(08-04-2010 05:25 AM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  

yes, that has nothing to do with the religion, it´s only an attack against the pope. In my opinion that´s not better then this stalin and hitler (who was actually a christian) thing, creationists use against us all the time.

Well, his statement can be construed in two different ways:

1. Ratzinger was part of the Nazi Youth when he was younger, in which he's guilty by association...
2. His stringent belief in religious dogma may be referred to as being quite 'nazi-ish', in that it is very strict. Hitler and others under his command were all apparently very strict in their belief.

In no way is this agreeing with Dawkins. I'm merely interpreting the reason why he would use that term. His use is based on reality, though, since both points above can be linked back to actual fact.

The thing creationists/theists do when they link Stalin and Hitler to atheism is purely incorrect. Hitler on many occassions (recorded and video taped, I may add) professed his committment to the Catholic Church. Theists are trying to throw up a smoke screen, hoping none of us would actually RESEARCH the topic. Shame on them! Smile
08-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Well, i don´t remember everything but i think he said something like

"... and because of that i didn´t wondered when i heared that he was a nazi"

i think that´s more an attack against the pope then a statement against religion.