Rick Perry Doubles Down on His Fear of Satan. Seriously.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Rick Perry Doubles Down on His Fear of Satan. Seriously.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-of-satan/

Few things disturb me more than a human being living in 2012 that occupies a major political office and yet strongly believes in fairy tales and shares this belief publicly.

We've got a ways to go 'Murica.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2012, 02:35 PM
RE: Rick Perry Doubles Down on His Fear of Satan. Seriously.
(26-09-2012 02:23 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-of-satan/

Few things disturb me more than a human being living in 2012 that occupies a major political office and yet strongly believes in fairy tales and shares this belief publicly.

I wonder if he thinks airplane windows should open?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
26-09-2012, 02:44 PM
It's not often that political stupidity makes me actually physically react. I mean, I might fake a reaction in a comment, but it's usually not really the case, or at best hyperbolic.

In this case I actually slowly bent forward, rested my elbow on the table, rested my head on my hand, and groooooooaaaaaannnneeeddd. The fact that this person exists causes me actual mental pain. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????????

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
26-09-2012, 02:50 PM
(26-09-2012 02:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 02:23 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-of-satan/

I wonder if he thinks airplane windows should open?

If Romney and Perry are on the plane, maybe they should open. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-09-2012, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2012 02:55 PM by Chas.)
(26-09-2012 02:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  It's not often that political stupidity makes me actually physically react. I mean, I might fake a reaction in a comment, but it's usually not really the case, or at best hyperbolic.

In this case I actually slowly bent forward, rested my elbow on the table, rested my head on my hand, and groooooooaaaaaannnneeeddd. The fact that this person exists causes me actual mental pain. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????????

He's the freakin' governor of a freakin' state in the freakin' U.S.A. in the freakin' 21st century. I can't freakin' understand this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-09-2012, 02:53 PM
This is also the man that's suggested Texas should consider seceding from the union. The sad thing is how far people like these get in politics to begin with.
26-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Hmm. Consider So, Rick believes in Satan... I wonder if it's as much as he believes in God. Maybe he's concerned that he believes in Satan more than he believes in God. I mean, since believing seems to be all about fear.

Poor little Ricky. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
27-09-2012, 12:21 AM

Quite.
Apparently nothing's changed since 1620.
Religious idiots in charge of political destiny.
27-09-2012, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 12:55 AM by Free Thought.)
If you guys don't start getting your political shit tegether and start fixin' yer shit, I think I may just be around to hear a world power's final whimpers.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-09-2012, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 02:22 PM by depat.)
I live in Texas. This guy is a disease. "Texas will seced from the Union." This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements ever uttered by a US Govenor. It's also hard to believe he doesn't know that the framers of the American Constitutions were Diests not Judeo-Christians. Big difference. Perry is making moves to pull family planning programsin Texas away from US funding over life issues. US funding is 90% of the program. Perry tells us that Texas can and will fund 100%. Where will the funding come from, other social fundings that's where. Poor women here will just have to abstain from sex, I'm thinking. This is a tragedy. Can you believe this guy was voted in for a second term? I must stop here; I'm raving, #%^&^*(&$#&^*&&*&ararg!c
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post