Rick Perry is out...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Rick Perry is out...
(11-09-2015 04:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 04:40 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Is it fair to say that through people like him and George Bush the image of Texas has been trashed and ruined so badly that it will take years or even decades to recover?

Ea and anjele both live there, so I guess there's hope.

Blush

There are some idiots here and there's some dumb shit that goes on. But the economy is booming, the area I am in is filled with people from all over the world. TX didn't suffer the recession like many other states did, and still are. Many corporate headquarters are here.

But I have also lived in South Carolina, Iowa, North Carolina, Wisconsin, and Arizona...those states have issues too.

I never thought about living in TX till we moved here, now I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

[Image: DvyCrktSgn3.jpg]

I have one of these on our hearth.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-09-2015, 05:09 PM
I'd imagine the cities in Texas have vibrant freethought communities, though.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
11-09-2015, 05:09 PM
(11-09-2015 05:09 PM)cactus Wrote:  I'd imagine the cities in Texas have vibrant freethought communities, though.

Dallas does.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-09-2015, 05:44 PM
(11-09-2015 05:09 PM)cactus Wrote:  I'd imagine the cities in Texas have vibrant freethought communities, though.

Thats not always the case.

Warsaw, Krakov, Gdanzk, Madrid, Pamplona, Lyon, Rheims, Geneva, Belfast, Vienna, Vilnius, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Sarajevo and Belgrade are examples of conservative cities in Europe that I can think of from the top of my head. And I bet it isnt much different in the US.

Poland is essentialy a catholic version of Mississipi.

Madrid used to be the center of an authoritarian monarchy, then of fascist dictators buerocrats making Madrid one of the few European cities that isnt just conservative but also right wing.

Pamplona is a Spanish city with a university run by Opus Dei as such the notoriously social conservative Spanish catholic church has a firm grip on the city.

Lyon is a piece of shit. Most of the French traitors and collaboraters with the Nazi occuption aswell as the leaders of the nazi puppet Vichy regime came from there. These days it breeds holocaust deniers and other scum. It`s the only city on this list for which I wouldnt feel sad if it were nuked.

Rheims is a bastion of the French conservatives.

Geneva... the fact that this is the last place in Europe to give women the right to vote in the 1960s, that there is no seperation of church and state and that sex before marriage was a crime until the 1980s is everything you need to know.

Belfast, google the Northern Ireland conflict and Ulster Unionism.

Vienna has a liberal artistic facade cloaking widespread racism, antisemitism and homophobia. It used to be leftwing but since the 1990s it is moving more and more and more away towards the right.

Lithuania has such a small population that the political attitudes of the small city Vilnius are not very much different of those on the country. And Lithuania happens to be a very social conservative and religious country.

Russia is fucking intellectual wasteland.

And the Balkans have dived into social conservatism and nationalism bound with religion to further enforce and show their difference to the long gone failed Yugoslav Republic.

So i bet there are several conservative cities in the US. And I wouldnt be suprised if alot of them are in Texas.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
11-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Austin in Texas is the hippie liberal mecca in the desert of Texas. I think Houston might be vastly up and down but that city is huge. The other Texas cities even Dallas/San Antonio and such seem to have a conservative flair to them though from what people say.

Really though the Perry/George Bush vibe is of the West Texas side. They had the same accent and rich guy wannabe cowboy steeze. That doesn't really disfranchise all texas, hell Ted Cruz is still in the race. He's Texas born and raised..well.. he was born in Canada but that's not the point.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-09-2015, 07:08 PM
(11-09-2015 05:44 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  

Thats not always the case.

Warsaw, Krakov, Gdanzk, Madrid, Pamplona, Lyon, Rheims, Geneva, Belfast, Vienna, Vilnius, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Sarajevo and Belgrade are examples of conservative cities in Europe that I can think of from the top of my head. And I bet it isnt much different in the US.

Poland is essentialy a catholic version of Mississipi.

Madrid used to be the center of an authoritarian monarchy, then of fascist dictators buerocrats making Madrid one of the few European cities that isnt just conservative but also right wing.

Pamplona is a Spanish city with a university run by Opus Dei as such the notoriously social conservative Spanish catholic church has a firm grip on the city.

Lyon is a piece of shit. Most of the French traitors and collaboraters with the Nazi occuption aswell as the leaders of the nazi puppet Vichy regime came from there. These days it breeds holocaust deniers and other scum. It`s the only city on this list for which I wouldnt feel sad if it were nuked.

Yes. People are all exactly the same.

Oh, wait.

(11-09-2015 05:44 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Rheims is a bastion of the French conservatives.

Geneva... the fact that this is the last place in Europe to give women the right to vote in the 1960s, that there is no seperation of church and state and that sex before marriage was a crime until the 1980s is everything you need to know.

Belfast, google the Northern Ireland conflict and Ulster Unionism.

Yep. All people in a given place are all exactly the same!

Wait. No.

(11-09-2015 05:44 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Vienna has a liberal artistic facade cloaking widespread racism, antisemitism and homophobia. It used to be leftwing but since the 1990s it is moving more and more and more away towards the right.

Lithuania has such a small population that the political attitudes of the small city Vilnius are not very much different of those on the country. And Lithuania happens to be a very social conservative and religious country.

Russia is fucking intellectual wasteland.

And the Balkans have dived into social conservatism and nationalism bound with religion to further enforce and show their difference to the long gone failed Yugoslav Republic.

So i bet there are several conservative cities in the US. And I wouldnt be suprised if alot of them are in Texas.

Bro, have you even heard of Austin?

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
12-09-2015, 01:32 PM
(11-09-2015 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Rick Perry has suspended his campaign.

Good. What is it? 17 clowns to go? Consider

how many clowns do we have on the other side?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
12-09-2015, 02:27 PM
(12-09-2015 01:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Rick Perry has suspended his campaign.

Good. What is it? 17 clowns to go? Consider

how many clowns do we have on the other side?

Depends on who you ask.

As an outsider; I reckon all Yank politicians are clowns by default. So now you just have one less all of the clowns.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-09-2015, 02:30 PM
(12-09-2015 02:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 01:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  how many clowns do we have on the other side?

Depends on who you ask.

As an outsider; I reckon all Yank politicians are clowns by default. So now you just have one less all of the clowns.

Still plenty of clowns for this circus. Undecided

12-09-2015, 02:31 PM
(12-09-2015 02:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 01:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  how many clowns do we have on the other side?

Depends on who you ask.

I agree, so how many clowns are on the other side now? I know Hillary is one of them, Sanders. who else?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED