Rick Perry is out...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Rick Perry is out...
(22-09-2015 01:14 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 08:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  Bush won in Irag, Obama turn Iraq to mess.

This is laughably wrong, on both counts. Bush orchestrated the pull-out before Obama took office, and more importantly, before the Iraqi government was stable enough to assert political authority over most of the country.

Iraq was an unmitigated foreign-policy disaster, and with the possible exception of Vietnam, the worst such disaster in American history.
OK, let's say Bush orchestrated. But Obama finished doing this. He(Obama) is no smarter than Bush. Obama was told (even by Bush) that it was big mistake to pull out troops. Stubborn community organizer did what he wanted to do.
result: we have ISIS and we have crisis with refugees. Obama's fight against ISIS is a joke. If it was Bush ISIS would be destroyed long time ago.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 02:26 PM
I guess I can agree that both Bush and Obama are the worst.
Both are irresponsible and both are unpatriotic. (I am using words of Obama against him)

22-09-2015, 08:36 PM
(22-09-2015 02:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 01:14 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  This is laughably wrong, on both counts. Bush orchestrated the pull-out before Obama took office, and more importantly, before the Iraqi government was stable enough to assert political authority over most of the country.

Iraq was an unmitigated foreign-policy disaster, and with the possible exception of Vietnam, the worst such disaster in American history.
OK, let's say Bush orchestrated. But Obama finished doing this. He(Obama) is no smarter than Bush. Obama was told (even by Bush) that it was big mistake to pull out troops. Stubborn community organizer did what he wanted to do.
result: we have ISIS and we have crisis with refugees. Obama's fight against ISIS is a joke. If it was Bush ISIS would be destroyed long time ago.

Who holds the janitor responsible for the spill?

That's right, you do.
22-09-2015, 09:24 PM
i wish trump was out. how is he leading again?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-09-2015, 10:01 PM
So, I was watching president Obama meeting the Pope. I saw him, his wife and their two daughters. And I thought to myself: what a beautiful family. And I felt so bad I called president Obama an idiot. I was wrong and I want to confess it right here.
I try to do what is right in my life and I fail many times.
Since I started to watch FNC(FOX) I noticed that doing this brings the worst out of me and I become angry. Then I have to pull out this anger right here. I guess I am the one who is an idiot.
I feel bad I talk negatively about liberals. Sorry, people.
I will try to stay out of this Politics section when I know that my heart is not in right place. I guess that it would be better if I just tried to learn something from you and if I tried to understand your positions better even if I disagree.
One more time, I am sorry. I would really appreciate your understanding and support.

[+] 3 users Like Alla's post
23-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Fox News sets out to make you angry by reporting on problems, and creating them when there are none -- "War on Christmas", anyone? -- so that they can sell you their preferred solution.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-09-2015, 08:56 AM
(23-09-2015 08:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Fox News sets out to make you angry by reporting on problems, and creating them when there are none -- "War on Christmas", anyone? -- so that they can sell you their preferred solution.

It is pure propaganda and makes you less aware of what is actually going on than even people who watch no news whatsoever.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-09-2015, 10:00 AM
(23-09-2015 08:56 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 08:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Fox News sets out to make you angry by reporting on problems, and creating them when there are none -- "War on Christmas", anyone? -- so that they can sell you their preferred solution.

It is pure propaganda and makes you less aware of what is actually going on than even people who watch no news whatsoever.

I don't completely agree with that. I find both Shepard Smith and Brett Baier to be excellent newsmen who don't display any particular bias that I can tell. Now the rest of the Fox crew, provocative asshats.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-09-2015, 10:30 AM
(23-09-2015 08:56 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

(23-09-2015 10:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 08:56 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is pure propaganda and makes you less aware of what is actually going on than even people who watch no news whatsoever.

I don't completely agree with that. I find both Shepard Smith and Brett Baier to be excellent newsmen who don't display any particular bias that I can tell. Now the rest of the Fox crew, provocative asshats.

The problem I have with Fox is not the bias of the personalities. You have that at every station. The problem I have with Fox is that the way the reportage is structured, a corporate bias is made evident. Of course, almost every major news outlet has bias, to either end of the political spectrum. I generally go with NPR, and check other outlets as a way of calibrating what I'm hearing.
23-09-2015, 10:49 AM
(23-09-2015 10:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 08:56 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is pure propaganda and makes you less aware of what is actually going on than even people who watch no news whatsoever.

That is the case, Fox is structured to have 1/2 hours of news. But that's it. Baier would do better publicly if he was open about the clear factor that all those around are expressively biased but he pretends to be on a platform where they all seek to have a pure news reporting base.

I just really am tired of the structure of all the news stations both sides debate or shows like the Fox-Five with that 1 democrat guy for his view to fair it up or MSNBC having Joe Scarborough who was a 90s conservative politician & we bring on Michael Steele as pleas to show objectivity. The attempted reaching for these icons of balance is horribly flawed nor do I think it draws in attention. They really need to think about restructuring which gladly in the new media generation will cause to happen, eventually.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post