Rick Perry trying to lure jobs to Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Rick Perry trying to lure jobs to Texas
In an incredibly annoying effort on th part of Texas Gov Rick Perry, he's launched an effort to lure companies based in New York to move to Texas with enticements like minimal regulations and no state income taxes.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/ri...93030.html

This has not set well with New Yorkers.

In a recent segment of The Daily Show, Lewis Black made this response to Gov Perry's radio ads. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
19-07-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: Rick Perry trying to lure jobs to Texas
Yep, not just continental though.
The prime ministers of Holland and Flanders were there last week, trade-mission.
Wouldn't mind if HP called me into the Austin office though.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
19-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Just more fuel on the secession fire though.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
19-07-2013, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 05:24 PM by Luminon.)
(19-07-2013 03:29 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  In an incredibly annoying effort on th part of Texas Gov Rick Perry, he's launched an effort to lure companies based in New York to move to Texas with enticements like minimal regulations and no state income taxes.
The message basically says, your employees are ho's and in Texas we pimp the shit out of them. Come in to Texas, pimp 'em hard, grab your money, don't give Papa Perry any (we ain't need to fund no eedukashion! Churchez will do!) and fly back to New York on weekends to spend 'em.

I find Texas this fascinating place where laws of liberal economy are reversed. This place actually needs more government budget, taxes, social politics, ecologic department and courts. Or the local Christian mafia will take over everything and destroy it to bring the doomsday sooner.

Sorry if I offend any Texan, but I wrote my bachelor's thesis on theocracy in Texas, so I pick out the bad eggs from the basket. You guys would have loved to read it, if it was in your language. It's not submitted to the system yet and the system always runs a full text search on the whole internet against copying. So I don't want to compromise my identity here.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post