Rick Santorum -Rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Rick Santorum -Rant
It seems like every day I find a new report of something he said that insights nothing short of rage in me. At first, I was distracted by his insult to every person with a college education as being a 'snob,' but then I heard him out right criticize the Constitution he claims to hold sacred.

The separation of Church and State apparently makes him 'want to throw up,' and then continues to allege that Christians don't have any say in government.

I call bullshit, sir. You insult the FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF OUR NATION, and then point your fingers at those who would oppose you as 'unpatriotic' or 'immoral.'

Fuck you, sir. Fuck you.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like NeonMoment's post
28-02-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: Rick Santorum -Rant
[Image: rick-santorum-eating-an-ice-cream-cone-gif.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
28-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I totally agree with you. This man is a dreanged fanatic and only Bachmann was less aware that she was always contradicting herself. Outside of some third party I never thought I'd see a leading candidate leaning so close to theocracy. I really feared Rick Perry more but this clown seems far more Dominonist.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-02-2012, 12:50 PM
At least, it seems his bigotry is backfiring, and that he lost a whole lot of female voters this last round. Serves him right.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
29-02-2012, 04:16 PM
It's really sad to see that religious zealots like him are in the running for the position of one of the most powerful people in the world. He hasn't a chance, but to think that it's remotely possible. Where has America gone wrong? Candidates seem to be rambling on about religion more than usual. Angry

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
29-02-2012, 04:47 PM
(29-02-2012 04:16 PM)AntiqueTelephoneNut Wrote:  It's really sad to see that religious zealots like him are in the running for the position of one of the most powerful people in the world. He hasn't a chance, but to think that it's remotely possible. Where has America gone wrong? Candidates seem to be rambling on about religion more than usual. Angry

While I don't think he represents the average American, it's still troubling how many people support him. Each one is one too many.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
29-02-2012, 05:30 PM

How i think a santorum presidency would look, as shown by V for Vendetta
(Santorum reminds me of chancellor Sutler)
29-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Santorum reminds me of those wacky villains in silly spy flicks. How can anyone take him seriously?

My Blog
29-02-2012, 07:34 PM
(29-02-2012 06:03 PM)dreamingfifi Wrote:  Santorum reminds me of those wacky villains in silly spy flicks. How can anyone take him seriously?

Because his mindset appeals to and reflects the mindset of the majority, that's why.
There are plenty of people out there who feel that religion should be back in public schools and that religion should have a place in politics as well as any social issue.

People think, in general, that if we were a "Christian" nation then we wouldn't have the problems we have now. Naturally these same people don't realize that many of the problems we have are BECAUSE there are those who used religion to rationalize their actions.

Santorum seems to also reflect what many of the aged populace feels apparently too.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
01-03-2012, 06:11 AM
(29-02-2012 07:34 PM)Dragon-Wolf Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 06:03 PM)dreamingfifi Wrote:  Santorum reminds me of those wacky villains in silly spy flicks. How can anyone take him seriously?
Because his mindset appeals to and reflects the mindset of the majority, that's why.
There are plenty of people out there who feel that religion should be back in public schools and that religion should have a place in politics as well as any social issue.

I have to disagree with you here, with the caveat that I do not live in the United States, but I frequent there and watch a lot of your news (it’s just so much more interesting). It seems to me that most Americans are pretty timid about their religious views. They are quite happy to espouse birth control and same sex marriage in their own family or social circle, but as long as it doesn’t directly affect them I don’t think the majority of people are going to turn up on a weekend morning to vote on an amendment or law making such things illegal. I the words of the great Prophet Mohammed, ‘You’ve got shit to do’………or was that John Stewart?

I think Santorum is getting the attention he is due to three minority players:
1) The Crazies – These are your Fundamentalists, your bitter old people, your homophobes and those who vote for whoever they are told without really doing their research. These are the people who show up to rallies, make banners and give Rachel Madow her sound bites.
2) The Ridiculously Wealthy But Stupid: I’m not a believer in the idea that Money Wins Elections, the link provided provides an argument to the contrary. None the less campaign funding does help a figure become more public regardless of how sound or stupid their ideals or message is. The problem is that money does buy politicians’ favour once they are in power and some of these wealthy folk want to be remembered once Mitt or Rick get into power (hypothetically), and you can only take one girl to the dance. This results in a hilarious backfire where the moderately bland cookie cutter candidate in the form of Romney is given the same airtime and funding as the ass-mad theocrat, in the form of Mr Santorum. I don’t think Foster Friess actually gives two shits about birth control (he back flipped on that stupid aspirin joke pretty quick), or gay marriage or even foreign policy. What he cares about is that IF Santorum was to become president, that Rick owes him a favour next time those tax breaks are up for extension.
3) The Media: They say if it bleeds, it leads. In this case the bleeding is the slow draining of credibility from the Republican Party by a Charlatan and a Witch Doctor. The great wound was initially created by the metaphorical machete of stupidity that was the Bush administration and now Romney is trying to cleanse the wound with his snake oil and a smooth tongue. Mean while Santorum has grabbed his book of spells and cut the head of a chicken, dancing around the GOP’s spluttering corpse in an attempt to incite divine intervention. All this time the media on both sides and in the middle has been there lapping it up or fanning what usually a series of spot fire issues, into an inferno. It’s a fucking freak show!

When I spend time in America I just don’t see these fundamentalist, flag-shirt wearing mouth breathers that seem to have hijacked the position of American poster child. Most are considerate, mild mannered, really REALLY polite (almost freakishly so) and above all else modest.

Wow that came out way more long winded than I planned!

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
[+] 2 users Like Dunhill808's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  LA Clipper Owner Drunken Racist Rant GirlyMan 12 276 27-04-2014 01:03 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide onedream 37 1,408 12-12-2013 08:49 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Chemical used by Pepsi causes brain damage and a general rant Buddy Christ 5 1,147 15-12-2012 09:19 PM
Last Post: Vosur
  Slick Rick monkeyshine89 20 1,902 28-07-2011 11:44 PM
Last Post: LarryT