Rick Santorum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2012, 08:10 AM
RE: Rick Santorum
I worry that he will be the nominee's pick for vice-president.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2012, 08:29 AM
(22-01-2012 08:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  I worry that he will be the nominee's pick for vice-president.

I think they've pick each other apart too much to select one another for a running mate. Go from he's an unethical piece of shit to he's my number two would hurt their chances.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post
22-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Santorum is a moron. He denies science when he doesn't like the outcome and he'd love a theocracy. He cannot win but the fact that he is even getting votes is a sad statement. With this field I think most of the moderate conservatives will not vote.
22-01-2012, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 11:36 AM by cufflink.)
(21-01-2012 07:47 PM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  If I may, does anyone in the States actually think this guy has a chance of winning?

I follow American politics as best I can (seriously you guys have so much more interesting politics than us Aussies) but I fail to see how a bloke who has essentially compared a substantial part of the voting population to dog humpers. Seriously aren't their gay conservatives out there too? This guy just isn't a smart politician in my books.

Yup, there are gay conservatives out there. I don't know the numbers, but they're a distinct minority of the American gay population. The Log Cabin group is the best known. As your link states, they're trying to build "a more inclusive Republican party."

I've always put "gay Republican" in the same category as "Jewish Nazi" and "African-American member of the KKK." I mean, why would you want to hang around people who think you're a POS?

It's part of a wider phenomenon. There are organizations of gay catholics, gay evangelicals, even gay Mormons. Go figure.

Perhaps there's some value in trying to change an organization you feel part of, as if to say, "We reject your rejection. We're not going anywhere. We're staying around until you change and accept us." Maybe it's good there are people like that out there. Me, I'd be out the door. And I'd look back and wonder what in the world I saw in those crazies anyway.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
22-01-2012, 01:27 PM
(22-01-2012 10:40 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Perhaps there's some value in trying to change an organization you feel part of, as if to say, "We reject your rejection. We're not going anywhere. We're staying around until you change and accept us." Maybe it's good there are people like that out there. Me, I'd be out the door. And I'd look back and wonder what in the world I saw in those crazies anyway.

I can sort of understand where the gay Catholics are coming from. They can't deny their feelings but it's a bit much to step from there to "your entire worldview that you were indoctrinated in from your youth is completely fucked and God does not exist" so I can understand their motivation.

Problem is the Bible *is* pretty explicitly anti-gay, so like every Christian apologist with an agenda, they engage in the fine old tradition of bending it to their purposes, exhaustively explaining things in terms of social context of the day, misunderstanding, mistranslation etc...

It's a losing battle I think Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't think he has a chance. He will say a couple stupid things and people will figure him out if they haven't already. I don't think any of the republicans have a chance. They have really dug themselves into a deep hole.
[+] 1 user Likes UrbanAtheistHippie's post
23-01-2012, 05:13 AM
(22-01-2012 02:21 AM)cufflink Wrote:  
(21-01-2012 03:04 AM)89ace Wrote:  Sorry, Seth, I know you're conservative, . . .

Really??? Huh

Say it ain't so, Joe. Say it ain't so.

If memory serves me right, he identifies himself as a fiscal conservative but a social liberal. If I'm wrong please someone correct me.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
23-01-2012, 08:02 AM
(23-01-2012 05:13 AM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  
(21-01-2012 03:04 AM)89ace Wrote:  Sorry, Seth, I know you're conservative, . . .

Really??? Huh

If memory serves me right, he identifies himself as a fiscal conservative but a social liberal. If I'm wrong please someone correct me.

Social liberal? I think not.
  • Global warming denialist
  • Fertilized eggs are people
  • Opposes stem cell research
  • Pro teaching intelligent design
  • Anti-gay

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2012, 08:00 PM
(23-01-2012 08:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Social liberal? I think not.
  • Global warming denialist
  • Fertilized eggs are people
  • Opposes stem cell research
  • Pro teaching intelligent design
  • Anti-gay

In a word, teatard.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-01-2012, 08:22 PM
(23-01-2012 05:13 AM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  

Really??? Huh

If you're talking about Seth, The Thinking Atheist, then I think you're right from what I remember hearing him say in the past.

If you're talking about Santorum, then Chas' list is certainly correct. He's a douche.
Santorum, I mean... Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel