Rick Santorum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
RE: Rick Santorum
(06-03-2012 02:01 PM)kineo Wrote:  I don't know, Romney could stand a chance. He's enlightened America that the trees are the right height in Michigan- what else does he know that everyone else doesn't?! That's the scary part of Romney vs. Obama.

True. But if there was ever a 1%, it's Romney, so I doubt the 99% will put him in office.

I hope. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM
(06-03-2012 02:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 02:01 PM)kineo Wrote:  I don't know, Romney could stand a chance. He's enlightened America that the trees are the right height in Michigan- what else does he know that everyone else doesn't?! That's the scary part of Romney vs. Obama.

True. But if there was ever a 1%, it's Romney, so I doubt the 99% will put him in office.

I hope. Confused

But Romney is so relate-able to the the 99%. I mean he's into NASCAR... well not really but at least he knows several NASCAR team owners! That's points, right? And he drives cars! He loves them so much that he has multiple cars, and his wife drives a couple of caddies! Sometimes they get cars for gifts, too. Speaking of his wife, she doesn't feel like she's wealthy. Neither does the 99%! So we have that in common, right?
06-03-2012, 02:34 PM
(06-03-2012 02:21 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 02:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

I hope. Confused

But Romney is so relate-able to the the 99%. I mean he's into NASCAR... well not really but at least he knows several NASCAR team owners! That's points, right? And he drives cars! He loves them so much that he has multiple cars, and his wife drives a couple of caddies! Sometimes they get cars for gifts, too. Speaking of his wife, she doesn't feel like she's wealthy. Neither does the 99%! So we have that in common, right?

Lol. All too true. Big Grin

I'm no longer the Republican I was for most of my life, but it still blows me away that this is the best the GOP has to offer. I just don't get it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm fairly confident that Ron Paul can win the nomination. But if he doesn't I think I'll be voting for Romney. Here are a few reasons why.

1. He's not an evangelical Christian.
2. I'm pretty sure he's only playing social conservatism lip service to his base so he can win the nomination.
3. Repeal of Obamacare
4. Repeal of NDAA (hopefully)
5. I don't think he's any more likely to go to war with Iran than Obama is.
6. He's a solid businessman and if he applies those profit principles to government we might actually see a surplus one day.
7. He's not planning to rid us of the progressive tax code. He's even aware that his effective tax rate isn't really fair to middle class working families.
8. He'll secure the Mexican border and doesn't believe in rouding up every illegal immigrant and deporting them. I don't like that they are here but I find deportation futile.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
(06-03-2012 02:43 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm fairly confident that Ron Paul can win the nomination. But if he doesn't I think I'll be voting for Romney. Here are a few reasons why.

1. He's not an evangelical Christian.
2. I'm pretty sure he's only playing social conservatism lip service to his base so he can win the nomination.
3. Repeal of Obamacare
4. Repeal of NDAA (hopefully)
5. I don't think he's any more likely to go to war with Iran than Obama is.
6. He's a solid businessman and if he applies those profit principles to government we might actually see a surplus one day.
7. He's not planning to rid us of the progressive tax code. He's even aware that his effective tax rate isn't really fair to middle class working families.
8. He'll secure the Mexican border and doesn't believe in rouding up every illegal immigrant and deporting them. I don't like that they are here but I find deportation futile.

I predict, if he were to somehow squeak by with a George W. Bush win, that none of these things will be accomplished. That's not a knock on him. No one can accomplish anything in our grid-locked political system. But it may be worse for Romney because of course the Democrats in Congress will oppose him, but many of the conservative Republicans will too because they will see him as too moderate. If he wins, it's four more years of wheel spinning. If Obama wins, he can at least work without the fear of staying electable.

~Izel
06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I hope Santorum wins the nomination so Obama can win. I would never vote for a Republican. I would cut my arm off before I would do that.
06-03-2012, 10:06 PM
(06-03-2012 09:50 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I hope Santorum wins the nomination so Obama can win. I would never vote for a Republican. I would cut my arm off before I would do that.

So you didn't vote for Abraham Lincoln?

Big Grin

~Izel
07-03-2012, 04:57 AM
(06-03-2012 10:06 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 09:50 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I hope Santorum wins the nomination so Obama can win. I would never vote for a Republican. I would cut my arm off before I would do that.

Big Grin

Christ, this reminds us just how far the GOP has fallen. Well at least in the case of the quality of politicians it produces.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
07-03-2012, 08:25 AM
(07-03-2012 04:57 AM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  

Big Grin

Christ, this reminds us just how far the GOP has fallen. Well at least in the case of the quality of politicians it produces.

I have never voted republican FYI. I am becoming more like Bernie Sanders every day.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
07-03-2012, 11:47 AM
(07-03-2012 04:57 AM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  

Big Grin

The republicans of Lincoln's day are now liberal democrats... just like the conservative democrats of Lincoln's day are not conservative republicans. The quality has just switched sides. Big Grin Well... on second though, quality is really difficult to find on any side at this point. Sad