• 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/04/0...d-suicide/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide
(06-04-2013 02:39 PM)onedream Wrote:  http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/04/0...d-suicide/

In the comments 2 people attempted to turn that into a theological debate. Not cool. Time and a place for that and in a news story about a child committing suicide is neither. I dont care how much of an asshole the father is that is the worst thing that can happen to a human being. Its atheists who go out of their way to troll everything that make us all look bad and really set back the entire movement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-04-2013, 03:02 PM
^^^^ Like screaming bible verses at a homosexual's funeral. No better!!!!!

[+] 9 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM
(06-04-2013 03:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  ^^^^ Like screaming bible verses at a homosexual's funeral. No better!!!!!

Indeed

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-04-2013, 03:20 PM
No no no. agreeing with you. Brining up his theism at the time of his sons death is NO BETTER than the protesters at the funeral. Unless I missed the meaning of your first post.

06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
(06-04-2013 03:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  No no no. agreeing with you. Brining up his theism at the time of his sons death is NO BETTER than the protesters at the funeral. Unless I missed the meaning of your first post.

heh wasn't quick enough on the edit. I misread your statement at first.Weeping

06-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Except Rick Warren is not the flavor of Christian that screams at homosexuals or funerals. That nastiness is pretty much Westboro Baptist and Westboro Baptist alone.

Ergo...the assholes making comments at a time like this are reprehensible.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
06-04-2013, 03:28 PM
(06-04-2013 03:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Except Rick Warren is not the flavor of Christian that screams at homosexuals or funerals. That nastiness is pretty much Westboro Baptist and Westboro Baptist alone.

Ergo...the assholes making comments at a time like this are reprehensible.

I'll be honest I don't really know who Rick Warren is, don't really care either. Even if it was the WBC, just because they act like sub-humans doesn't give us the right to. But I am glad to see I wasn't the only one that misread Gul's post.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-04-2013, 03:29 PM
It's sad. I read some of the comments...some fundies saying the son will burn in hell for committing suicide. I know the family would never actually read the comments...friends tho, associates and others might out of morbid curiosity.

I dunno...I really think its sad. Suicide is tough. I can't say anything more.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't know this Rick Warren but my condolences to him and his family.

Ok - I just checked out his wiki - Warren " holds traditional evangelical views on social issues such as abortion, same-sex marriage, and embryonic stem-cell research. Warren has called on churches worldwide to also focus their efforts on fighting poverty and disease, expanding educational opportunities for the marginalized, and caring for the environment."

I have to ask how does one fight poverty, disease, expand education for the marginalized, and care for the environment while continually trying to control social issues and scientific research?
Offtopic
Oops

Shit, I wouldn't wish having to deal with suicide of a loved one on anyone. Again, condolences. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein