Rick and Morty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Rick and Morty
If you aren't watching it, something is wrong with you. I love this show. I started watching it a few months ago and have since watched all the available episodes (seasons 1 and 2 plus episode 1 of season 3. Rest of season 3 set to come out this summer) a few times. It is hilarious. It can get quite raunchy (or should I say "squanchy") at times and it gets increasingly more bizarre the longer it goes on. It is an interesting take on the mad scientist and his sidekick trope. It has alternate dimensions, an intergalactic government, an inter-dimensional government of Ricks, and shit-tons of weird aliens.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-06-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: Rick and Morty
(06-06-2017 11:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  If you aren't watching it, something is wrong with you. I love this show. I started watching it a few months ago and have since watched all the available episodes (seasons 1 and 2 plus episode 1 of season 3. Rest of season 3 set to come out this summer) a few times. It is hilarious. It can get quite raunchy (or should I say "squanchy") at times and it gets increasingly more bizarre the longer it goes on. It is an interesting take on the mad scientist and his sidekick trope. It has alternate dimensions, an intergalactic government, an inter-dimensional government of Ricks, and shit-tons of weird aliens.

Is that on some cable channel? I don't have cable.

Hobo
06-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Big Grin!
[+] 2 users Like Larai19's post
06-06-2017, 01:49 PM
(06-06-2017 01:29 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 11:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  If you aren't watching it, something is wrong with you. I love this show. I started watching it a few months ago and have since watched all the available episodes (seasons 1 and 2 plus episode 1 of season 3. Rest of season 3 set to come out this summer) a few times. It is hilarious. It can get quite raunchy (or should I say "squanchy") at times and it gets increasingly more bizarre the longer it goes on. It is an interesting take on the mad scientist and his sidekick trope. It has alternate dimensions, an intergalactic government, an inter-dimensional government of Ricks, and shit-tons of weird aliens.

Is that on some cable channel? I don't have cable.

Hobo

I don't have cable either. I watch it on Hulu but I think you can stream at least some episodes from youtube and/or adultswim

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
06-06-2017, 01:50 PM
(06-06-2017 01:30 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Big Grin!

Get Riggity Riggity Wrecked Son!

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-06-2017, 02:27 PM
I came to this fairly recently, and I agree! It's fantastic. A really original, very adult cartoon with brilliantly dark and lunatic humour.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
06-06-2017, 02:48 PM

[+] 2 users Like Larai19's post
06-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Larai19 --

I watched the first video, and now realize I wouldn't care to watch Rick and Morty at all.

To say our lives are meaningless in relation to the universe is to personify the universe as if it were a God, just because of its size relative to us I suppose. However, the fact is that conscious beings create values. They don't exist otherwise.

We may not be of any value to other conscious beings in some other universe, but we are most certainly of value to ourselves.

This is why nihilism does not work. Even relative values can be objective in relation to our real needs and desires.

Thanks for the video.

-- Thoreauvian
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
06-06-2017, 04:47 PM
(06-06-2017 04:07 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Larai19 --

I watched the first video, and now realize I wouldn't care to watch Rick and Morty at all.

To say our lives are meaningless in relation to the universe is to personify the universe as if it were a God, just because of its size relative to us I suppose. However, the fact is that conscious beings create values. They don't exist otherwise.

We may not be of any value to other conscious beings in some other universe, but we are most certainly of value to ourselves.

This is why nihilism does not work. Even relative values can be objective in relation to our real needs and desires.

Thanks for the video.

-- Thoreauvian

I don't inherently disagree on your take with values, though I would argue that all values lack objectivity. Absurdism points out the fact that human beings will try to find value in the absurd where there is no real meaning to find. Therefore, I don't really think that nihilism falls apart when addressing personal values because they really don't mean anything outside of the societal (which is subjective, or a precept to our own biological nature as social animal) or the empathetic.

The personification of the universe is completely metaphorical, I would like to add. People look to enrich their lives in some way, but for what purpose when there is no end result, no end goal? That is all that was meant.

For the sake of understanding your argument I would like to sincerely ask you if you think that existence proceeds essence? Also, I might ask what philosophical arguments you adhere to yourself as I think you are a very smart individual and I'm curious. Smile
[+] 4 users Like Larai19's post
06-06-2017, 06:42 PM
I hate it.
And there's only one really fucking dumb reason why, this:

[Image: uv6Ja7f.jpg]

This face. Omg I can't even look at it. It really fucking bothers me and ruins the entire show for me I can't fucking stand it.

And yes, I know. But that's the way it is.

[Image: oscar.png]