Ricky Gervais according to Ray Comfort

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Ricky Gervais according to Ray Comfort
In this video, beginning at around the 7:10 mark, Ray Comfort and his cohort show a very interesting clip from Ricky Gervais and completely miss the point. No shock there.

The best part is leading into the clip. The cohort introduces Gervais (who both admit to having never heard of before) as an atheist, and Comfort says, "well, he pretends to be an atheist." Huh?

Then the cohort says "Here's Gervais talking about his faith in atheism." Huh? Faith in atheism? Wha?

After they play the clip, it's time to play "count the fallacies!"

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12224742

Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2011, 02:48 PM

RE: Ricky Gervais according to Ray Comfort
Wow! Well with that "logic" the uphill battle becomes a cliff, no?
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I've made my own rebuttal video about this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aq_rCyBhtk
29-01-2011, 07:48 PM

I subscribed to you O_o
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks. I tried to thank you on your channel page, but there's no comments box.
30-01-2011, 05:58 AM
I apparently had some left-over hope for Ray Comfort from my days of considering him a hero. I was completely and utterly disappointed with him. I felt like I was smacked across the face with a steel beam. Probably for the best, I'm getting the feeling that's what he was always like. I seem to remember him at least trying to be logical. It PAINS me now to know my family subscribe to his words, and are actually close friends with the cohost sitting with him on the show.

Blech. Oh well. For the best, I'm sure. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Near the end of that video, Ray Comfort said "we are not good because we will be rewarded in heaven, we are good because we "HAVE BEEN" rewarded in heaven." W.T.F. How can he already be rewarded in heaven already when he hasn't got there yet? Since liars would not be not allowed into heaven, even if it existed, he would have no hope of getting there, either.

Ray Comfort makes Daffy Duck look like a genius.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.