Poll: Are elections vulnerable to fraud?
yes
no
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Rigged Elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Rigged Elections
I believe elections have been rigged in the past, and that Trump's accusation is accurate, and that we should strive to do a better job of securing election ballots.
Nominations are very susceptible to rigging. I believe that the system remains vulnerable to voter fraud. I believe the people who record the numbers are not impartial and susceptible to cheating it.

If commercial survey polls are accurate why don't we just use them???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Rigged Elections
The poll doesn't have a maybe option so I didn't vote.

Nothing will be 100% against voter fraud. Has it been done in the past? Maybe.
Is it rampant, I doubt it.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-10-2016, 05:30 PM
There's far more fraud in the gerrymandering.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
23-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Voter fraud has been documented in the past.

I'm not sure how using commercial polling would address the issue.
23-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Voter fraud ... Negligible to the point of statistical non-existence.

Election fraud ... Yup. See "Crosscheck".

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-10-2016, 05:59 PM
In my state, we fill out a paper ballot where we bubble in our choices. The ballot into machine and our votes are electronically counted. The paper ballot is placed in a locked box.

Those paper ballots are stored and kept on hand in the event that a manual recount is called for. At any time, the election's results can be contested, and the results can be checked with manual tally from the paper ballots.

So to effectively rig an election, every single supervisor of elections (and their employees) in the entire country would have to be "in on it" to dispose of and rewrite tens of thousands of ballots to reflect the desired outcome.

A good question to ask your supervisor of elections is whether or not ballots are tabulated manually or looked at in any way to ensure that the electronic count is an accurate reflection of the manual count. If they are, and the policy is standard practice in each county in the US, then I'd suggest that it's nearly impossible to rig an election. There are way too many people to corrupt and then coordinate to pull off this kind of fraud.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
23-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Voter fraud is counted in low double digits, in parts per billion. The lack of a centralized system actually reduces the chances of fraud. I voted yes, because it has happened, but the statistical significance is miniscule, as DLJ noted.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-10-2016, 06:00 PM
(23-10-2016 05:18 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Nominations are very susceptible to rigging. I believe that the system remains vulnerable to voter fraud. I believe the people who record the numbers are not impartial and susceptible to cheating it.

Do you think that the RNC wanted Trump as their candidate?
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
23-10-2016, 06:01 PM
It's hard for me to believe the election is rigged when Trump is a total narcissist and can't handle losing. Also your poll question is framed too generally. Should be "do we have reasons to believe the U.S. election is rigged?"

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
23-10-2016, 08:26 PM
(23-10-2016 06:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 05:18 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Nominations are very susceptible to rigging. I believe that the system remains vulnerable to voter fraud. I believe the people who record the numbers are not impartial and susceptible to cheating it.

Do you think that the RNC wanted Trump as their candidate?

No, but they could not do the rigging, because of Trump's overwhelming crowd gathering rallies - proving his appeal to a Republican base. I think it was obvious that Hillary Clinton was able to strong arm her will over Bernie Sanders, and claim the "super delegates" scheme, because she always had decent crowds and probably better donors.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool