Poll: Are elections vulnerable to fraud?
yes
no
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Rigged Elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2016 08:36 PM by dancefortwo.)
RE: Rigged Elections
I think there's only been something like 31 convicted cases of voter fraud in the last 100 years. I can't remember where I read this.

Edit: I was wrong. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/us/vot...trump.html "here had been 2,068 cases of fraud nationwide since 2000, including episodes of absentee ballot fraud, intimidation, vote-buying and double voting. In at least a quarter of the investigations, the authorities did not bring charges".

This is still a very small percentage.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-10-2016, 09:15 PM
(23-10-2016 05:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Voter fraud ... Negligible to the point of statistical non-existence.

Election fraud ... Yup. See "Crosscheck".

Dodgy

I stand corrected. I was thinking of incidents like Chicago 1960, or the LBJ race in 1948 where dead folks "voted".

Apologies for my poor choice of words, and thanks for the correction.
23-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Irony:

A white, straight, billionaire male crying that the system is rigged against him.

[Image: kELbtM2.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
24-10-2016, 02:25 AM
(23-10-2016 09:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... A white, straight, billionaire male crying that the system is rigged against him ...

It certainly defines a loser - one who is powerless to prevent his life being adversely affected by people he considers powerless inferiors.

Objectively speaking, if the present statistical projections hold steady thru Nov. 8 and Trump nonetheless prevails, that is stronger evidence of electoral rigging than the election conforming to projection. If Trump wins, Hillary (if she chose) could argue more convincingly the voting was rigged than Trump could in whining about a manipulated Clinton victory. I don't suggest either losing side do such a thing, but Trump's assertion of rigging is absurd on its face - that the media has been reacting to it seriously says a great deal about just how poorly we understand basic statistics - a cultural deficiency I think far more dangerous than Trump.

Also, Trump's apparent "evidence" of rigging is that the polls have gone against him. Since the polls don't present any information whatsoever about actual election mechanics they cannot possibly indicate whether that mechanism has been jimmied - that can ONLY emerge as the election itself proceeds, and IF outcomes don't match projections substantially in one direction and across a multiplicity of states. A Clinton victory would essentially prove the voting WASN'T rigged.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
24-10-2016, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2016 04:33 AM by earmuffs.)
(23-10-2016 08:26 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 06:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Do you think that the RNC wanted Trump as their candidate?

No, but they could not do the rigging, because of Trump's overwhelming crowd gathering rallies - proving his appeal to a Republican base. I think it was obvious that Hillary Clinton was able to strong arm her will over Bernie Sanders, and claim the "super delegates" scheme, because she always had decent crowds and probably better donors.

Except Hillary still gained more popular votes than Bernie...

Regarding the topic. "Feels" don't make it true.
Citation needed.

Thirdly, your poll question is a stupid one.
Yes of course everything like this is open to the possibility of corruption. If 1 vote in 100million is corrupt, there was corruption.
But that doesn't mean that 1 vote is an issue or will effect the outcome. We're not talking about some dictator in some backwater country winning an election by "97%". We're talking like 50 dead people voting.
50 dead people voting wont effect the outcome and is hardly indicative of a drastic need for change.

Trump wont lose because the election was "rigged". Trump will lose because he's a cunt and most Americans can see that and aren't totally retarded.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
24-10-2016, 04:48 AM
(23-10-2016 09:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 05:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Voter fraud ... Negligible to the point of statistical non-existence.

Election fraud ... Yup. See "Crosscheck".

Dodgy

I stand corrected. I was thinking of incidents like Chicago 1960, or the LBJ race in 1948 where dead folks "voted".

Apologies for my poor choice of words, and thanks for the correction.

Nope. I was correcting Trainwreck not you. Your statement was valid.

TW referred to cheating / partiality by the vote organisers - which is election fraud not voter fraud ... as highlighted in the recent TTA election. which was an attempt at satire on the GOP's focus on Voter fraud rather than Election fraud.

But judging by the number of likes that post received ... I failed Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-10-2016, 08:01 AM
(23-10-2016 08:26 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 06:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Do you think that the RNC wanted Trump as their candidate?

No, but they could not do the rigging, because of Trump's overwhelming crowd gathering rallies - proving his appeal to a Republican base. I think it was obvious that Hillary Clinton was able to strong arm her will over Bernie Sanders, and claim the "super delegates" scheme, because she always had decent crowds and probably better donors.

So why didn't they just coordinate with the media (even if only with Fox News) to make it appear that a different candidate was favored by the public? Then they can at least have plausible deniability when they rig each and every voting county in the US.

Do anyone know know how many supervisors of election there are in the entire US?
24-10-2016, 08:19 AM
If we consider media bias as rigging, then a definite yes - and considering how it's called "Fourth Estate", I'd say it's significant (not just in the US but everywhere). Otherwise, I'd go for a "maybe" - using unregistered immigrants via DACA for campaign and voting has come into question and could be significant, given the large number of immigrants in the southern states.
24-10-2016, 09:12 AM
(23-10-2016 05:18 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  If commercial survey polls are accurate why don't we just use them???
Facepalm

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
24-10-2016, 03:00 PM
(23-10-2016 05:30 PM)skyking Wrote:  There's far more fraud in the gerrymandering.

Any ideas on how to correct that?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool