Poll: Are elections vulnerable to fraud?
yes
no
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Rigged Elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2016, 03:08 PM
RE: Rigged Elections
(24-10-2016 04:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 09:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I stand corrected. I was thinking of incidents like Chicago 1960, or the LBJ race in 1948 where dead folks "voted".

Apologies for my poor choice of words, and thanks for the correction.

Nope. I was correcting Trainwreck not you. Your statement was valid.

TW referred to cheating / partiality by the vote organisers - which is election fraud not voter fraud ... as highlighted in the recent TTA election. which was an attempt at satire on the GOP's focus on Voter fraud rather than Election fraud.

But judging by the number of likes that post received ... I failed Sadcryface

No, I used the phrase "voter fraud" as well, and deserved the same correction -- and do appreciate it even if you didn't aim it at me. There's a distinction between the two, and I should have been more attentive to it. As I said in my clarification, there have been instances of election fraud in America.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2016, 03:12 PM
(24-10-2016 04:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Nope. I was correcting Trainwreck not you. Your statement was valid.

TW referred to cheating / partiality by the vote organisers - which is election fraud not voter fraud ... as highlighted in the recent TTA election. which was an attempt at satire on the GOP's focus on Voter fraud rather than Election fraud.

But judging by the number of likes that post received ... I failed Sadcryface

Yeah. I believe that voter fraud occurs more often than election fraud, because it requires more actors to work. Election fraud is less often, more effective, and requires less conspirators.

Voter fraud is probably misdemeanor, and election fraud has to be felony.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
24-10-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: TTA Elections
(02-10-2016 01:56 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 09:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  TrainWreck.

I second that.

You only need me to provide you the organizational charter, and you are going to need lawyers.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
24-10-2016, 03:31 PM
(24-10-2016 03:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, I used the phrase "voter fraud" as well, and deserved the same correction -- and do appreciate it even if you didn't aim it at me. There's a distinction between the two, and I should have been more attentive to it. As I said in my clarification, there have been instances of election fraud in America.

I could not think of the term, "election fraud," when I wrote the comment; and wrote the description of it, "ballot counters," to distinguish a difference that I thought was necessary.

24-10-2016, 04:48 PM
I think the system is biased against crybaby man children. He's correct that the system is stacked against him.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
24-10-2016, 04:58 PM
(23-10-2016 05:18 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I believe elections have been rigged in the past, and that Trump's accusation is accurate, and that we should strive to do a better job of securing election ballots.
Nominations are very susceptible to rigging. I believe that the system remains vulnerable to voter fraud. I believe the people who record the numbers are not impartial and susceptible to cheating it.

If commercial survey polls are accurate why don't we just use them???

Interesting posit; but if you are going to rig an election, how would you do it?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
24-10-2016, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2016 05:29 PM by TrainWreck.)
(24-10-2016 04:58 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 05:18 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I believe elections have been rigged in the past, and that Trump's accusation is accurate, and that we should strive to do a better job of securing election ballots.
Nominations are very susceptible to rigging. I believe that the system remains vulnerable to voter fraud. I believe the people who record the numbers are not impartial and susceptible to cheating it.

Interesting posit; but if you are going to rig an election, how would you do it?
My preponderance has me fill-out a pile of ballots to deposit into the lock box and key them into the input of the machines by a more efficient terminal. I would have to know some of the statistical data of the precincts involved to hide the margin of whatever it is...

That's about as far as I can go without a better understanding of the security that is actually in place.

I think the primaries have been a lot more open to rigging, because of the staggered election circuit - the generation of super delegates is the obvious diversion. The candidates' ability to raise money and keep the primary election party going is a bit more honest, but I don't think a good legislator makes for a good showman very often; and certainly does not happen in other countries.

24-10-2016, 06:19 PM

You are a dumb shit. There are multiple academic serious studies that demstrate that the instances of voter fraud are all but non-existent. Must suck to be as uninformed, unaware, and out-of-it as you are.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-10-2016, 06:31 PM
(24-10-2016 05:23 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(24-10-2016 04:58 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Interesting posit; but if you are going to rig an election, how would you do it?
My preponderance has me fill-out a pile of ballots to deposit into the lock box and key them into the input of the machines by a more efficient terminal. I would have to know some of the statistical data of the precincts involved to hide the margin of whatever it is...

That's about as far as I can go without a better understanding of the security that is actually in place.

I think the primaries have been a lot more open to rigging, because of the staggered election circuit - the generation of super delegates is the obvious diversion. The candidates' ability to raise money and keep the primary election party going is a bit more honest, but I don't think a good legislator makes for a good showman very often; and certainly does not happen in other countries.

Yeah, but this is something that you probably can answer by contacting various states to find out what their process is for ensuring the accuracy of the vote.

Then you can estimate how many supervisors of elections need to be corrupted in order to manage this. You also have to take into account that a large amount of extra ballots need to be ordered from the company that prints them... You have to come up with a reason to inflate the order, account for the cost of those ballots and explain why they're missing from stock.

You'd have to come up with an excuse in case the media catches on and asks the ballot printer to verify the (I'm sure publicly available) invoice from the state conducting the election. It has to be set up in advance, all parties involved have to be on the same side, not only for the presidential election, but for every other office being voted on for each district. All of these people need to have high ranking access to the inner workings of the elections.... and they'll need minions to physically fill out and then switch out hundreds of thousands of ballots over a series of counties... Oh, and each county and district needs a custom ballot for that particular area.

And this has to happen in a single coordinated effort that gels perfectly in a single day, all over the entire country.

Rigging the election seems like a massive logistical nightmare that involves way too many hands to be practical. Trust me, these people can't execute a perfectly smooth charity dinner. They cannot pull this off.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
24-10-2016, 08:51 PM
So, you know who all needs to be greased!!!

Do you have Clinton's cell phone number?