Right America Feeling Wronged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Right America Feeling Wronged
I really dig Alexandra Pelosi's (mother is Speaker Nancy Pelosi) documentaries that she does for HBO. Very warmhearted insight into religious, conservative America. She made this film about the dyed in the wool conservatives who followed the McCain/Palin campaign of 2008.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: Right America Feeling Wronged
I'm probably not going to watch those, but I when I read the thread title I couldn't help but want to say " when don't they?" and then mosey on out of here Smile

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2012, 08:44 PM
This is the population that I find so frightening. The ignorance is so extreme. The proud racists. The faith that they had God on their side. Did you see how many people cried? How many forcasted end of America if Obama won? The funny thing is their 401K plans, their safety, their lot in life, their future would have been nearly the same if McCain won. So. Very. Sad.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
16-05-2012, 06:21 AM
"McCain is pro-life"
"He's not pro-black, though"

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
16-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Exaggerating and inflaming the sense of grievance in ignorant masses, then pointing at a convenient fall-guy is a time-honoured stratagem of despots, going back to ancient civilizations, and the USian right has been doing it in typical USian extremes.
Whether ethnic or religious, prejudice is always a reliable trigger. All you have to do is blame a group that's already unpopular for everything that goes wrong in the lives of the people - even if you yourself, openly, obviously, in front of a hundred network news cameras - caused those things.
Pitchfork and torch, tar and feathers are standard equipment in every yahoo's emergency response kit.

Over-the top emotionalism based in self-pity, btw, is a fairly standard symptom of the addict. A great percentage of American suffer from one or more addictions. That, too, was planned and engineered.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
16-05-2012, 11:24 AM
"sosilism is the views of hitler..its between Marxism and Im not sure what it is." - thats sums it up.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post
16-05-2012, 12:09 PM
(16-05-2012 11:24 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  "sosilism is the views of hitler..its between Marxism and Im not sure what it is." - thats sums it up.
Yeah, I laughed until I cried at that dopey little butterball, too! Evil_monster

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
16-05-2012, 04:23 PM
I usually make fun of the nutters on the religious right, but I'm striking a serious note of caution here.
They have the right formula for a serious uprising.
The right wing church is the organizing mechanism.
The belief in the threat to their way of life is very real to them
They have God on their side and there is lots of them concentrated in the south.
I've seen the normally disconnected Christian churches organizing together recently.
They have a common enemy, Islam and they believe Obama is a Muslim.
I smell a theocratic takeover.
Here comes Jesus.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
16-05-2012, 04:59 PM
My Australian mother in law also genuinely thought Obama was the antichrist, and well into his tenure was describing him as the most evil president in US history. I don't think I could ever get her to explain what he had done to deserve either title.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
16-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Right wing America can go fuck itself.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post