Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle
Head to head debate? That's what the boxing ring is for.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2013, 01:15 PM
(31-10-2013 10:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Head to head debate? That's what the boxing ring is for.

Whoever wants to, go for it. But, I doubt anyone here would want to make the commitment.
31-10-2013, 01:24 PM
(31-10-2013 01:15 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  Whoever wants to, go for it. But, I doubt anyone here would want to make the commitment.

Someone already has, but you choose to ignore this. It is so much easier to declare yourself winner and pretend that no one has any arguments for you, than to acknowledge that someone has accepted your challenge.

(31-10-2013 10:33 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Btw, head-to-head debate accepted. Lets pick a subject.
31-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Oh goodie! Boxing ring!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Beat_stick Bangin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
31-10-2013, 01:49 PM
(31-10-2013 01:15 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  Whoever wants to, go for it. But, I doubt anyone here would want to make the commitment.

Yes, because you've shown such a superior intellect thus far. Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-10-2013, 02:21 PM
(31-10-2013 01:15 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 10:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Head to head debate? That's what the boxing ring is for.

Whoever wants to, go for it. But, I doubt anyone here would want to make the commitment.

Subject of the debate? Sugest some.
We then agree on the rules.
Moderator. Since you don't know anybody here, I recomend admin KingChosen, he is a theist so you don't need to worry about him being biased.

Sounds good?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
31-10-2013, 02:43 PM
(31-10-2013 02:21 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  

Moderator. Since you don't know anybody here, I recomend admin KingChosen, he is a theist so you don't need to worry about him being biased.

Sounds good?

Well, since atheists cannot really argue right & wrong with any consistency or foundation, perhaps something that is more on a factual basis? But, if anyone thinks something here was not addressed by me, then challenge me on that particular thing in the boxing ring.
31-10-2013, 03:05 PM
(31-10-2013 01:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Oh goodie! Boxing ring!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Beat_stick Bangin

Yeah. And ya don't even hafta put up with my douchebaggery. Get in there, Dearthair - show them pesky atheists what you're made outta -

*starts humming Rocky theme...*

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-10-2013, 03:15 PM
tl;dr

Morals are derived from natural selection. If there are humans on this island they would and should fall into normal human social norms, if there are otters on the island they will fall into otter social norms.

Murder feels wrong because if you keep murdering people the other will gang up and kill you or ostracize you and your genes will not be passed on. Murdering is not a ESS (Evolutionarily Stable Strategy). There will always be outliers but generally the species will govern itself over time and those rules will fluctuate based on risk and reward.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ridethespiral's post
31-10-2013, 03:24 PM
(31-10-2013 02:21 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  

Sounds good?

That's what I'm saying we have the Boxing Ring forum for head to head debates. Only the two people debating can post. No other moderation needed.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon