Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle
(31-10-2013 03:37 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 03:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One might think so...

Look over what we've been through here recently in this thread, and you will definitely think so.

You enjoy making assumptions, don't you? My silence should not be implied that I am not following the discussion. Actually I am following it closely, you just haven't brought anything to the table worth my effort.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2013, 04:07 PM
(31-10-2013 04:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 03:37 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  Look over what we've been through here recently in this thread, and you will definitely think so.

You enjoy making assumptions, don't you? My silence should not be implied that I am not following the discussion. Actually I am following it closely, you just haven't brought anything to the table worth my effort.

So you say!

Feel free to personally challenge me on something particular, and have the fortitude to carry it through.
31-10-2013, 04:22 PM
I challenge you to go away. You're boring.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-10-2013, 04:23 PM
(31-10-2013 03:56 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 03:50 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Someone has to start a thread in the boxing ring and call out old Derpair here.

You mean "someone else", don't you?

Isn't that the way it goes.

Oh wait, were you implying I wouldn't want to debate you? Sorry, a bit slow on the uptake. Blush
You've already been invited to debate by two others.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-10-2013, 04:46 PM
(31-10-2013 04:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  I challenge you to go away. You're boring.

The funny thing about that statement about "boring" is that you can only be qualified to say that if you read all the way through it...which appears to be your undoing!
31-10-2013, 05:22 PM
(31-10-2013 04:07 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 04:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You enjoy making assumptions, don't you? My silence should not be implied that I am not following the discussion. Actually I am following it closely, you just haven't brought anything to the table worth my effort.

So you say!

Feel free to personally challenge me on something particular, and have the fortitude to carry it through.

I challenge you not to be the typical idiot we always get trolling through here. ooooh too late, your horribly banal compared to many theist types who have said the very same things before. It's quite uninspired at this point and dull.

I keep hoping for a glimmer of introspection or or anything outside the routine claptrap you and ilk like to suppose. Yet, you have offered nothing original or unique. I dismiss you and your weak arguments.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-10-2013, 06:12 PM
(31-10-2013 01:15 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 10:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Head to head debate? That's what the boxing ring is for.
Whoever wants to, go for it. But, I doubt anyone here would want to make the commitment.

You're perceptive at least in this regard. To you this is a new and wonderful experience where you get to show those damn immoral atheists your mettle. To us you're just yet another theist with the same old arguments that have been debunked a thousand times.

The question is: Are you worth the time to educate?

So far you haven't shown yourself to be able to make a coherent argument or to critically analyse ideas, either those of others or your own ideas. Show us you are worth our time. Tell us about how good your morality is, why it is good, and answer questions about God's specific actions in your holy book of choice.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
31-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Okay finally caught up, went pretty much how I figured it would...

Epic recaps & notable plays:

Bucky Ball answering exactly as I would but with links and video
Revenant77x brings up game theory
Chippy philosophizing on determinism (now I know that I am a nomological determinist)
Halnof cold reading theists and foretelling the future

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ridethespiral's post
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
If someone here has already decided that after reading my previous entries, he/she doesn't like to read what I write....I ask, why are you reading this message right now?

I see there are plenty of views of what is written here compared to the meager amounts of complaints, so consider what I write further addressed to the lurkers and not to those who have complained but still insist coming here to annoy themselves.

Anyway, something I have noticed throughout this thread, several times it appeared someone thought that, since I was a "theist", I would believe that all people professing to believe in God, are all correct. I don't. There is one God who always existed, and who created our universe for us human beings on earth. Likewise there is only ONE correct way to follow the Creator, so there is only one true religion at any one time. For the record, this religion is Catholicism. Not including what people have seen since the 1960's when the Vatican was infiltrated, and now has a masquerade going on, but not truly representing the Church.

However, this Church can prove it is the true religion, and indirectly prove there is a God, by the miracles that have been going on throughout the centuries. God particularly gave us Lourdes in France at a time when the atheists were recently born upon earth and scientific technology was there to corroborate these stupendous occurrences that baffle and silence the unbelieving scientists.
01-11-2013, 01:58 PM
(01-11-2013 01:46 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  If someone here has already decided that after reading my previous entries, he/she doesn't like to read what I write....I ask, why are you reading this message right now?

I see there are plenty of views of what is written here compared to the meager amounts of complaints, so consider what I write further addressed to the lurkers and not to those who have complained but still insist coming here to annoy themselves.

Anyway, something I have noticed throughout this thread, several times it appeared someone thought that, since I was a "theist", I would believe that all people professing to believe in God, are all correct. I don't. There is one God who always existed, and who created our universe for us human beings on earth. Likewise there is only ONE correct way to follow the Creator, so there is only one true religion at any one time. For the record, this religion is Catholicism. Not including what people have seen since the 1960's when the Vatican was infiltrated, and now has a masquerade going on, but not truly representing the Church.

However, this Church can prove it is the true religion, and indirectly prove there is a God, by the miracles that have been going on throughout the centuries. God particularly gave us Lourdes in France at a time when the atheists were recently born upon earth and scientific technology was there to corroborate these stupendous occurrences that baffle and silence the unbelieving scientists.

Gonna need a link for that, dearth.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco