Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle
(02-11-2013 03:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 12:48 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  You asked for ONE theologian, and I gave you precisely that. Now you dismiss him because he is not infallible? All theologians are not infallible, so why did you ask for one?

To demonstrate your inconsistency. Thumbsup

Nice dodge. Answering a question precisely is the pinnacle of consistency....

Now....You asked for ONE theologian, and I gave you precisely that. Now you dismiss him because he is not infallible? All theologians are not infallible, so why did you ask for one?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
(02-11-2013 03:26 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 03:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  To demonstrate your inconsistency. Thumbsup

Nice dodge. Answering a question precisely is the pinnacle of consistency....

Now....You asked for ONE theologian, and I gave you precisely that. Now you dismiss him because he is not infallible? All theologians are not infallible, so why did you ask for one?

I was curious why you chose to excommunicate yourself, and how and why you decided you actually know more than the entire living hierarchy of the RCC.
I think you're a weird strange animal. You sedevacantists are VERY ODD (almost universally) strange OLDER people, who usually have chips on their shoulders about cultural changes. BTW, we're all still waiting for your "proofs", and an explanation why, if you have "proofs", then you people still need faith. Get cracking. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-11-2013, 03:58 PM
(02-11-2013 03:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 03:26 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  Nice dodge. Answering a question precisely is the pinnacle of consistency....

I was curious why you chose to excommunicate yourself, and how and why you decided you actually know more than the entire living hierarchy of the RCC.
I think you're a weird strange animal. You sedevacantists are VERY ODD (almost universally) strange OLDER people, who usually have chips on their shoulders about cultural changes. BTW, we're all still waiting for your "proofs", and an explanation why, if you have "proofs", then you people still need faith. Get cracking. Tongue

So, your "game" is to ask for something you know you are going to reject. Wasting other people's time is a fun game, isn't it? I'm done with you. You're like the boy who cried wolf. Untrustworthy, but not surprising.

To the very many lurkers to this thread: look up on google - " Lourdes" and "miracles" - and you will get empirical evidence that even unbelieving scientists are baffled into silence about.
02-11-2013, 04:04 PM
(02-11-2013 03:58 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 03:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I was curious why you chose to excommunicate yourself, and how and why you decided you actually know more than the entire living hierarchy of the RCC.

So, your "game" is to ask for something you know you are going to reject. Wasting other people's time is a fun game, isn't it? I'm done with you. You're like the boy who cried wolf. Untrustworthy, but not surprising.

To the very many lurkers to this thread: look up on google - " Lourdes" and "miracles" - and you will get empirical evidence that even unbelieving scientists are baffled into silence about.

No, we are not baffled into silence by Lourdes or any other claimed miracles.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2013, 04:07 PM
(02-11-2013 03:58 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 03:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I was curious why you chose to excommunicate yourself, and how and why you decided you actually know more than the entire living hierarchy of the RCC.

You are bringing up Lourdes again? Millions of people go there every
year and do not get cured. You never answered me regarding Lourdes.
This is what I wrote before:
Quote:What proof? Are you talking about "miracle" cures? Medical knowledge is limited and people make unexplained recoveries from diseases all the time. EVEN when they do not visit Lourdes. Given that millions of people with illnesses visit Lourdes every year,
one would expect these so-called miracles to happen.

If you belief in the miracles of Lourdes, would you also believe in the miracles
in Hinduism, say? There are many "miracles" in India that "prove" that
reincarnation is real. So maybe Hinduism, not Catholicism is the true religion??
02-11-2013, 04:16 PM
(02-11-2013 03:58 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  To the very many lurkers to this thread: look up on google - " Lourdes" and "miracles" - and you will get empirical evidence that even unbelieving scientists are baffled into silence about.

Here is what I found
http://www.skepdic.com/lourdes.html

"the odds of anyone being cured of anything except thirst by this water are less than favorable, excluding, of course, those cured by a placebo effect."
02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
(02-11-2013 04:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 03:58 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  To the very many lurkers to this thread: look up on google - " Lourdes" and "miracles" - and you will get empirical evidence that even unbelieving scientists are baffled into silence about.

Here is what I found

"the odds of anyone being cured of anything except thirst by this water are less than favorable, excluding, of course, those cured by a placebo effect."

And, finally...and randomly....look at x-rays of a man's completely broken leg healed completely from one day to the next after visiting Lourdes, his doctor unable to explain it, but confirmed the overnight healing.

All you lurkers here, enjoy. The extreme disgruntled will be the most vocal...ignore them like gnats.
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
(02-11-2013 04:50 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 04:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Here is what I found

And, finally...and randomly....look at x-rays of a man's completely broken leg healed completely from one day to the next after visiting Lourdes, his doctor unable to explain it, but confirmed the overnight healing.

All you lurkers here, enjoy. The extreme disgruntled will be the most vocal...ignore them like gnats.

Do you have any proof of this leg healing thing? Not even a link? We are just supposed to take your word for it?
02-11-2013, 05:12 PM
(02-11-2013 05:00 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 04:50 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  And, finally...and randomly....look at x-rays of a man's completely broken leg healed completely from one day to the next after visiting Lourdes, his doctor unable to explain it, but confirmed the overnight healing.

Do you have any proof of this leg healing thing? Not even a link? We are just supposed to take your word for it?

That was random. There are plenty of similar stupendous, baffling, occurences. Unfortunately I am not going to do the work for you. If you care, do the research. They exist and are intriguing.
02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
(02-11-2013 03:58 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  So, your "game" is to ask for something you know you are going to reject. Wasting other people's time is a fun game, isn't it? I'm done with you. You're like the boy who cried wolf. Untrustworthy, but not surprising.

So I see you concede you are incapable of responding coherently.
That's what I thought. You have provided not one coherent reason for the OP, nor have you even attempted to reply to even one objection to your "anarchy" assertion.
Name 2 scientists who were "baffled" into silence. Just as you can't state 2 theologians above, or even explain why you excommunicated yourself, or name ANY bishop or cardinal who agrees with sedevacantism, you will be equally impotent at this task.
You may be done with me, I will however, dog you, while you continue to make a fool of yourself. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche