Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle
(02-11-2013 06:17 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 06:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I have done the research. Every credible source says the so called miracles are fraudulent.

Yes, and "credible" to you is only only what you want to consider credible.

Credible to me is someone who can provide real proof. Not some asshole who says derp told me so, so it must be true. Not yahoo answers. Please if there is something credible provide a link. If you cannot or will not (which means you cannot but you refuse to admit it) then shut the hell up about it already.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
02-11-2013, 06:23 PM
(02-11-2013 06:17 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  Yes, and "credible" to you is only what you want to consider credible.
But you said there was proof. So where is it ? You weren't just bs'ing again were you, Mr. I'm-a-sedevacantist-but-I-can't-really-explain-why ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
(02-11-2013 06:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 06:17 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  Yes, and "credible" to you is only what you want to consider credible.
But you said there was proof. So where is it ? You weren't just bs'ing again were you, Mr. I'm-a-sedevacantist-but-I-can't-really-explain-why ?

Again, don't skirt it...why did you ask for a name of a theologian and then as soon as I gave it to you, you dismissed it because you never expected to accept it in the first place? That is dishonest.
02-11-2013, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 06:38 PM by grizzlysnake.)
(27-10-2013 01:59 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  I am a thinking theist, and I was wondering if y'all think there is any right & wrong on an island not owned by any country, and no man-made laws yet applying to it.

Examples, and why?
On an island there is no right or wrong. The island is just a part of nature buddy, completely indifferent.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
02-11-2013, 06:35 PM
(02-11-2013 06:26 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 06:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But you said there was proof. So where is it ? You weren't just bs'ing again were you, Mr. I'm-a-sedevacantist-but-I-can't-really-explain-why ?

Again, don't skirt it...why did you ask for a name of a theologian and then as soon as I gave it to you, you dismissed it because you never expected to accept it in the first place? That is dishonest.

It's a game. I asked for two. You didn't measure up. You can't even explain why the one you gave is any better than all the others. I think you are evil, and just want an excuse not to do what Holy Mother Church tells you, because it's more convenient to say that the present church is gone astray. All you ex-communicants just want an excuse to continue to practice your evil satanic ways. Beelzbub has you in his grip, because it's the "end times" .... er somthin' like that . Tongue

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-11-2013, 06:47 PM
(02-11-2013 06:06 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 05:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No, you are just thoroughly gullible and driven by personal confirmation bias that you refuse to see there are rational explanations.

My family took my mother there to cure her of her MS. She did experience remission that had begun months before she left and continued for a couple of years after her visit. Of course my family forgets all that and just recalled the miraculous healing that occurred -- and when her remission ended well...all that Lourdes talk was completely forgotten.

Shoo fly!

The point is, whether something baffled scientists or not. And it has.....many, many, many times. Religious cures are not simply "I asked" and "it happened". The facts are there...don't ignore them.

No, it doesn't happen. There is always a rational explanation.

Plus for whatever reason people want to believe and therefore are disingenuous to begin with.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
(02-11-2013 06:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's a game. I asked for two.

You are a deluded liar. It is on record you asked for ONE, with that emphasis, your own.
02-11-2013, 07:03 PM
(02-11-2013 06:59 PM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 06:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's a game. I asked for two.

You are a deluded liar. It is on record you asked for ONE, with that emphasis, your own.

Yet you can't even begin to say why that one needs to be taken seriously, above the others. Satan has you in his grip. Down on yer knees, and tell your beads, ...er... do something down there.

03-11-2013, 02:06 AM
There are miracles at Lourdes.
God dun the miracles at Lourdes.
God is a merciful, loving God, all powerful, who could cure *everyone* without making them go through some retarded ritual.
God heals < 0.1 % of the people who go to Lourdes.

Even if all of your stupid assumptions are true, it doesn't seem possible that your arsehole God is up to scratch as a source of morals. So I think *you* should try a different approach. Only idiots persist when something is clearly not working.

Or ya know, carry on. You're doing stupid-God's work after all. Makes sense that stupid-God would want you to do stupid shit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-11-2013, 09:31 AM
A short account of one of the many miracles as Lourdes....

http://books.google.com/books?id=RNo8AAA...e&q&f=true