Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 09:25 AM
RE: Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle
(29-10-2013 09:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This section was not implemented for theist debate, but rather for fellow atheists to post about theist debate. Tongue

The "thinking" person who named this section "Real Life Debate" has utterly failed, then.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2013, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2013 10:00 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-10-2013 07:30 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  It is essentially anarchy.
So, for the atheist, his own personal free-will and pleasure, for the moment, is his god. Yet, if an atheist uses his own free-will and good pleasure to choose a supreme being, that is the atheist heresy; all things acceptable by free choice except for freely choosing the supreme being, the Creator.

Wrong.
1. We agree in law what rules we agree to live by, and anyone who breaks them faces the legal consequences, which prevents anarchy. Do you pay your taxes because Jebus told you ? No. What you are suggesting, is that the only way to have a civil society, is a theocracy. Are you planning on moving to Iran ? They have a creator, from whence they think their laws emanate. Theists and atheists alike are required to obey the law. Your premise is false, and your conclusions are obviously totally false. 95 % of the US prison population self-identify as Christian. Oops. Obviously also, you don't actually personally know any atheists, as you have done this juvenile simplistic judgmental bs, assuming theists "live for the moment". Not only have you not demonstrated that, (attempted proof by assertion is worthless), there are countless examples that can be given, of non-believers sacrificing their time, resources, and lives, for causes, greater, and larger than themselves. The greatest philanthropist alive, is a non-believer.
2. Your utterly ignorant pile of crap, (that a "free choice" of a creator), accessible to those who honestly don't buy into that pile of shit), speaks even more more about your naive, uneducated state, than it does about the origins of morality, which you have not even BEGUN to address.
Ho hum. Boring. Another drive by, judgmental theist, who thinks he needs to tell us what how our brains work, even though he has no clue.

(*As if* visiting the sins of the fathers onto the sons, from an imaginary Adam, by a deity which HAD to appease itself with a blood sacrifice, somehow even approaches a "moral" concept.) LMFAO

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-10-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2013 10:04 AM by sporehux.)
(29-10-2013 09:25 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 09:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This section was not implemented for theist debate, but rather for fellow atheists to post about theist debate. Tongue

The "thinking" person who named this section "Real Life Debate" has utterly failed, then.

Its real LIFE debates , not LIVE debates.
AS in post face palm.
[Image: startrek-picard-facepalm.gif]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
29-10-2013, 09:33 AM
(29-10-2013 09:25 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  

Ja, 'cos you just make a bunch of assertions. *Debate* chum - back and forth. Answering arguments. Offering alternative views. Not just us saying "I think X" and you saying "Well then you're evil, just like I expected".

Make some points or, y'know, fuck off, your self-awarded title is looking more and more ridiculous.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-10-2013, 09:39 AM
(29-10-2013 09:25 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  That is nonsense. Obviously, atheists have chosen to not believe in God.

Minor quibble... I don't think I choose any of what I believe... it's not like I can suddenly say "OK I now think God is real".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-10-2013, 09:42 AM
(29-10-2013 08:52 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  Okay, do you design a section for debate with theists. You know most likely you won't like what a theist says. So, how "thinking" is it of you, who are now grumbling, to even click to come to this section?

Actually, no.

This thread is for relating debates we've had in real life, not on this forum.

The Debate Thread is for debates.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-10-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2013 09:59 AM by Hafnof.)
(29-10-2013 09:19 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 09:14 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  There is no basis for morality with theists. Unless you count your blood blood murder rape genocide infanticide woman hate woman hate I ain't no queer, burn burn burn monster in the sky fear loathing hatred manifesto of a holy book.
Yes, you cannot debate my point, because there is no basis. So, you turn to the fallacy of "tu quoque" instead.
On this basis I hereby reject your claim of being a "thinking" theist.

You are unprepared to defend your murder murder hate shellfish tattoo mother's milk stick collection sabbath sacrifice animal sacrifice bloody scapegoat save you from what I'm going to do to you by murder murder murder murdering a man morality. Therefore your arguments have no merit. You're welcome to make an actual argument in which you compare your religious morality to the objectively superior secular morality, but you are unwilling to do so. How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
29-10-2013, 09:57 AM
(29-10-2013 09:32 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 09:25 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  The "thinking" person who named this section "Real Life Debate" has utterly failed, then.

It real LIFE debates , not LIVE debates.

Ah! Real Life EXTERNAL debates! Got it. I think a web edit is in order.
29-10-2013, 09:59 AM
(29-10-2013 09:47 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 09:19 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  Yes, you cannot debate my point, because there is no basis. So, you turn to the fallacy of "tu quoque" instead.
On this basis I hereby reject your claim of being a "thinking" theist.

You are unprepared to defend your murder murder hate shellfish tattoo mother's milk stick collection sabbath sacrifice animal sacrifice bloody scapegoat save you from what I'm going to do to you by murder murder murder murdering a man morality. Therefore your arguments have no merit. You're welcome to make an actual argument in which you compare your religious morality to the objectively superior secular morality, but you are unwilling to do so. How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

That would be another debate...not this one.
29-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Is this the basis of your morality:

?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.