Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle
So, which is it everyone? Some here seem to insist this is for external debates only, while other are challenging me to debate here.

Maybe you can debate about that point among yourselves and then get back to me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2013, 10:10 AM
The thread is essentially off-topic for the section, but continuing the discussion seems appropriate and on-topic for the thread itself. Unless someone objects I suggest continuing here and awaiting the thread being moved if a moderator determines that is appropriate.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
29-10-2013, 10:12 AM
I dont see you debating much,
So why do you think cultures that have zero exposure to christian gods have morals >?
why do gorillas have morals, why do you think Atheists have no morals when the later have ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
29-10-2013, 10:15 AM
(29-10-2013 10:10 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The thread is essentially off-topic for the section, but continuing the discussion seems appropriate and on-topic for the thread itself. Unless someone objects I suggest continuing here and awaiting the thread being moved if a moderator determines that is appropriate.

The debate has ended. Nobody can defend a basis for atheist morality.

Let me know if there is someone who wants to take it on himself to personally debate me about a particular other subject, in whatever designated place....and I will consider the challenge.
29-10-2013, 10:22 AM
(29-10-2013 10:15 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 10:10 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The thread is essentially off-topic for the section, but continuing the discussion seems appropriate and on-topic for the thread itself. Unless someone objects I suggest continuing here and awaiting the thread being moved if a moderator determines that is appropriate.

The debate has ended. Nobody can defend a basis for atheist morality.

Let me know if there is someone who wants to take it on himself to personally debate me about a particular other subject, in whatever designated place....and I will consider the challenge.

Assertions are worthless.
You have established no criteria by which to make that judgement.
You have answered/refuted none of the demonstrated examples where your assertion has been demonstrated to be false.
Anyone can put their fingers in their ears, and go "lalalalalala", which is all you have done. You are incapable of debate.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Nobody can defend any morality in any absolute, value-free sense. That's the nature of morality. Morality is a synthesis of values as those values interact with reality and real moral choices. We can, however, compare it to your morality. Guess which one comes out on top.

But no... you're not prepared to have that discussion. So why are you still here?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
29-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Typicall theist bull shit, they run away when asked a simple question.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
29-10-2013, 10:29 AM
(29-10-2013 09:10 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 08:58 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Present a valid point sir, someone will be glad to debate you on it. Toss out some ignorant stereotypical insults and people will be glad to call you an ass.

Think. Debates don't have to start with a valid point. They only have to be a point someone disagrees with.

I gave it. There is no basis for morality with atheists.

A debate doesn't require a valid point but it does require someone to argue against the point that they disagree with. Otherwise, it is just a person making an invalid point, not a debate.
I don't mind debating with intelligent "thinking" theists, but I will not do so if your only point is an ignorant stereotypical insult. I would rather point and laugh, hey guys look at the asshat!
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
29-10-2013, 10:31 AM
(29-10-2013 10:25 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Typicall theist bull shit, they run away when asked a simple question.

He's not running away, he's the reason the pigeon on the chessboard meme was created.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-10-2013, 10:32 AM
(29-10-2013 10:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 10:15 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  The debate has ended. Nobody can defend a basis for atheist morality.

Assertions are worthless.
You have established no criteria by which to make that judgement.
You have answered/refuted none of the demonstrated examples where your assertion has been demonstrated to be false.
Anyone can put their fingers in their ears, and go "lalalalalala", which is all you have done. You are incapable of debate.

Indeed. It takes two to debate, and if the other party as nothing to debate with, it is already over before it started.

So, you seem to be stepping forward, thinking you have something yourself.

You are on a desert island. One atheist kills another because the other had some extra delicious food. Another kills another because he had better shoes. Another is killed because he had the girlfriend he wanted, and another is killed because he had an annoying personality.

You tell me the basis of right or wrong for each of those actions, and then try to say all atheists will agree with that basis.