Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Right & Wrong on a Desert Isle
(29-10-2013 10:32 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 10:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Assertions are worthless.
You have established no criteria by which to make that judgement.
You have answered/refuted none of the demonstrated examples where your assertion has been demonstrated to be false.
Anyone can put their fingers in their ears, and go "lalalalalala", which is all you have done. You are incapable of debate.

Indeed. It takes two to debate, and if the other party as nothing to debate with, it is already over before it started.

So, you seem to be stepping forward, thinking you have something yourself.

You are on a desert island. One atheist kills another because the other had some extra delicious food. Another kills another because he had better shoes. Another is killed because he had the girlfriend he wanted, and another is killed because he had an annoying personality.

You tell me the basis of right or wrong for each of those actions, and then try to say all atheists will agree with that basis.

This is stupid. We don't all believe the same things.

A woman is stoned to death after her wedding night.
Reason: She was a virgin before marriage, but she had a very thin Hymen so she did not bleed after sex with her husband.

You tell me the basis of right or wrong for this action, and then try to say all theists will agree with that basis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2013, 10:50 AM
(29-10-2013 10:42 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  This is stupid. We don't all believe the same things.

I agree. That is what I have been trying to get across to everyone here.
29-10-2013, 10:51 AM
(29-10-2013 10:32 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  You tell me the basis of right or wrong for each of those actions, and then try to say all atheists will agree with that basis.
I do not know what you mean by "basis". But I guess the "basis" is irrelevant
as long as they can agree on what is right or wrong.

What is your basis of right or wrong and can you say that all theists
will agree with this basis?????

But of course, you won't answer this question.
29-10-2013, 10:56 AM
(29-10-2013 10:32 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  You are on a desert island. One atheist kills another because the other had some extra delicious food. Another kills another because he had better shoes. Another is killed because he had the girlfriend he wanted, and another is killed because he had an annoying personality.

You tell me the basis of right or wrong for each of those actions, and then try to say all atheists will agree with that basis.

What the fuk kind of island is this, murderous psychopaths that happen to be atheists.
maybe they are all left handed too. are you drunk ?

How about you answer my simple question a few post back. It at least came from my mind an not my ass,

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
29-10-2013, 11:03 AM
(29-10-2013 07:30 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  Every thread has a focus, and the focus on this one is about right/wrong & why on a desert isle. The question presented on an atheist forum by a theist is obviously directed only to atheists (everyone knows the answer of a theist already). Attempts to turn the subject to what a theist personally thinks is merely attempts to divert attention away from the focus of the question, and its results.

The results are this: The answers all varied per person, and even each answer had no foundation other than personal "taste". Like the taste of milk, there is no disputing taste. One atheist says it is circular argument, another chooses the golden rule, another reason, and another says it doesn't matter, etc.

It is essentially anarchy.

Atheists will overlook their differences, not wanting to argue too heatedly with their own kind (particularly in the presence of a theist). This comraderie of atheists, I see, is based on the principle of "common ground", expressed specifially as, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". So, regardless of the acceptable "a la carte" personal morality of another atheist, he is a friend, because he knows the other opposes religion that has a supreme being. The anti-religion is the bond of the comraderie.

Morals is essentially the "should" and "should not" of human action. Although atheists often try to argue this concept, they really have no basis at all for doing so. But, hey, who says inconsistency and contradiction are wrong, right?

So, for the atheist, his own personal free-will and pleasure, for the moment, is his god. Yet, if an atheist uses his own free-will and good pleasure to choose a supreme being, that is the atheist heresy; all things acceptable by free choice except for freely choosing the supreme being, the Creator.

You are ignorant of what being an atheist means.

There is only one thing we have in common.

We don't believe in god/gods. Our opinions differ on every other subject , morals included.

What you don't understand is that we don't need to agree on anything. Atheism is not a dogma, we don't need consensus about anything.
We are fine with that. We don't have "book of atheism" where we can all read the rules and follow them, and we don't need it either.

You call that anarchy, I call that people thinking with their own heads.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
29-10-2013, 11:06 AM
(29-10-2013 10:50 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 10:42 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  This is stupid. We don't all believe the same things.

So your whole point is that people don't all believe the same things?
29-10-2013, 11:13 AM
(29-10-2013 11:06 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 10:50 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  I agree. That is what I have been trying to get across to everyone here.

So your whole point is that people don't all believe the same things?

Yeah. But some believe better. And those some just happen to be those who believe exactly what this joker believes. Go figure. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
29-10-2013, 11:20 AM
(29-10-2013 10:32 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  Indeed. It takes two to debate, and if the other party as nothing to debate with, it is already over before it started.

So, you seem to be stepping forward, thinking you have something yourself.

You are on a desert island. One atheist kills another because the other had some extra delicious food. Another kills another because he had better shoes. Another is killed because he had the girlfriend he wanted, and another is killed because he had an annoying personality.

False, and irrelevant. Your scenario is irrelevant. Atheists don't have to agree on anything. Theists don't agree on anything. They ALL have their own opinions, and interpretations of almost everything. The situation is a "reductio ad absurdam", and requires no discussion, or individual explanation, (and in no way relates to either theism or atheism.) Random murder is not tolerated because it does not promote the survival of a cohesive community. The premise you seem to be pushing, is that without a deity, anyone gets to do anything they want. It's a false premise. What are you ? Like 2 years old ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-10-2013, 11:21 AM
(29-10-2013 10:50 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  

LaughatLaughat

We already knew that. Did you think that you needed this whole presentation to point that out to us?

You're silly.

You could've just asked.
"So you people all have different opinions about stuff, even the important stuff?"

We would say "Yes" , and get it over with.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
29-10-2013, 11:23 AM
(29-10-2013 11:21 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 10:50 AM)Dearthair Wrote:  I agree. That is what I have been trying to get across to everyone here.

LaughatLaughat

We already knew that. Did you think that you needed this whole presentation to point that out to us?

You're silly.

You could've just asked.
"So you people all have different opinions about stuff, even the important stuff?"

We would say "Yes" , and get it over with.

And so do theists. There are thousands of theist moral systems, which do not agree.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche