Right and Wrong:The challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 05:31 AM
RE: Right and Wrong:The challenge
(20-10-2014 09:41 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  I have met many atheists of this time but I always wonder if the leaders of atheism were able to come together and use their intellects to devise and implement solutions to our world problems perhaps things would be different.

There are no leaders of atheism. Atheism is not believing in any gods, and nothing more. There are, therefore, no atheistic values that would further anything aside from not believing in gods.

Now, you might be able to get a bunch of humanists or something together to try to fix problems. Leaving religion out of the mix would certainly keep things more simple and save everyone a lot of time, but your original post makes no sense. I don't think you understand what atheism is. You're looking at it through theistic goggles, and nothing ever makes sense when you do that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
21-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Appoint me your leader fellow atheists and I shall lead us on a vengeful crusade against Christianity in America.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
21-10-2014, 07:22 AM
(21-10-2014 05:37 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Appoint me your leader fellow atheists and I shall lead us on a vengeful crusade against Christianity in America.

I'm intrigued by your views and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Bowing

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-10-2014, 07:38 AM
(21-10-2014 05:37 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Appoint me your leader fellow atheists and I shall lead us on a vengeful crusade against Christianity in America.

I would follow you..... religiously.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
21-10-2014, 07:56 AM
(20-10-2014 09:41 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  I have met many atheists of this time but I always wonder if the leaders of atheism were able to come together and use their intellects to devise and implement solutions to our world problems perhaps things would be different. I asked some of my atheist friends while I was in Brazil what they thought and they told me "Live for the now man, don't worry about that!" We then proceeded to chug alcohol because of the conceptual saying, "When in Rome."

So I wanted to ask you guys if atheism with its powerful leaders like John Oswald, Tony Parker, Brad Pitt, Chris Jericho, Seth MacFarlane, Johnny Quest, etc. Could perhaps bring about momentous change through our atheist ideals?

Quote of the day: I am an Atheist, but I think Jesus would have a drink with me.

-Ryan Kusanagi

Erm, umm, we have no leaders.

The only thing we agree on is we do not believe in god(s).

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
21-10-2014, 08:12 AM
To prove myself worthy as leader I will slap the smugness off Ted Haggard and then plunder Joel Osteen's wealth to fund our operation.
21-10-2014, 08:27 AM
(21-10-2014 08:12 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  To prove myself worthy as leader I will slap the smugness off Ted Haggard and then plunder Joel Osteen's wealth to fund our operation.

I'm intrigued. Do you perchance have a brochure?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
21-10-2014, 08:33 AM
No brochure yet as this endeavor is in its infant stage but its time for atheism to have a violent, sadistic, cruel leader...you know, to counter that Yahweh feller.
21-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Wtf? Your choice of "atheist leaders" is odd I don't agree with many of them on many things.

Atheism has no creed. No unifying features. There are atheist libertarians and atheist communists. These are two polar opposite views but they still don't believe in God. THATS ALL.
21-10-2014, 09:20 AM
This guy is trolling. Remember his intro?

Quote:I am Paul Linfor.
Hello my fellow Atheists.

I have been around the world and have met several Atheists in my life. I met Atheists of many varieties. Certain types of Atheists I have met are ones who have understood Atheism through Veganism, guns, medicine, etc. I want to learn more about the other different forms of atheism. Specifically the users on this forum.

I hope all of us find our own sense of Atheism or if you have found your Atheism please tell us your findings. I want to learn. I am an Atheist. I cannot wait to learn.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post