Right to work state sucks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Right to work state sucks!
(14-02-2013 07:26 PM)PersephoneK Wrote:  That's the beauty of right to work... you aren't owned by your company and they don't own you.
Yeah, they actually do. There is no contract in a job: the employer has all the rights; the worker has none. Even in a freelance situation, where there actually is a written contract, the contract usually includes a clause wherein the client can terminate at any time; the contractor can't.

Yeah, sure, go to another job...
1.They've exported most industry
1a and defunded social services
1b and stolen most of the money
1.c so's they can make you fight one another for the chance to get stepped-on

2. State legislation gives all the bosses the same rights and takes those rights away from all the employees.

3. All this baldedash about jobs needs to end. Jobs are bad. One person working for another person is a bad idea and has always been a bad idea. Many people working for one person is an even worse idea. The relationship of boss/peon is bad for both persons involved; the creation of classes based on master/servant relationships is terrible for society. It's unnatural, immoral, inefficient, unjust, unstable, psychologically damaging and aesthetically displeasing.
Plus, it regularly fucks up national economies.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
15-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes, I've had a job that did the same thing in the great state of Georgia. Funny thing is, it was a union job. 8 hours on the clock with no breaks or lunch. The pay was good but I was forced to pay dues on the 1st week even tho I started out as a temp employee with no union perks. It was a steel factory. Totally mindless work that even a monkey could do. I eventually got away from it and found another rich guy to work for.

Honestly, I've had the pleasure to know and work for many a rich guy. Some ain't so bad. The one I work with now trades my efforts for an above the industry average wage and just paid me a 3,000+ bonus from last years profit share. It's a medium sized company with around 2500 employees. We've got an excellent low-cost family insurance package with 3 weeks paid vacation days per year. It's a beautiful thing and it's non-union.

If I had never worked all those shit jobs in the past, I'd have no clue how good I've got it now. Good luck.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
15-02-2013, 07:08 AM
(14-02-2013 06:10 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  Did you read my post?
(14-02-2013 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have the internet at your fingertips. You can check what the law is.

Not carefully enough. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a place I wouldnt want to work at anyway. At least you have a back bone. Employers in the building trades will tell you things just to test you. One time I was "offered" that if I drove back to town in my car on my gas to the supply house, I'd still be paid my 10$ an hour the whole time(1 hour one way trip). I did my best to not chuckle while trying to figure if he was just fing w me.

He wasnt Confused
I didnt Cool
19-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Smells like capitalism
20-02-2013, 09:39 AM
(19-02-2013 09:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  Smells like capitalism
Welcome back. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
23-02-2013, 06:45 AM
(14-02-2013 06:12 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  I agree fuck republican's. Dems too... but republicans for trying to kill unions. Of course Texas doesnt have unions at least not in my field. The worst part is I work with guys that hate union's. They like that corporate cock I guess?!
A lot of Texans - too many - are the toughest-talking cocksuckers you will find on this planet. Many Texans like to think of themselves as self-made individualists, but this just hasn't been what I've seen - and I've lived in Texas for thirty-five years. Most of them are just big, fat moral woosies who own a pickup and a pair of cowboy boots - and a gun, of course - and they think these accoutrements symbolize their possession of a form of liberty and self-determination that is special and unique. Fuckin' half-assed Shitkickers one and all.

Anyways, I suggest you keep quiet and keep looking for a job and - cover your ass! No doubt the company will be out to find a way to fire you and they will enlist your coworkers as helpers. And your coworkers will be all too happy to help stab you in the back at the bequest of the bossman, for they already got a corporate dick up their ass or else they would have already been eating lunch before you arrived.

Good Luck.

Hope this helps.
26-02-2013, 05:24 AM
(14-02-2013 03:09 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  So I started a new job and was informed on the first day as I ate lunch that we don't get lunch. I told the foreman to fuck himself. I was curious as to his claim, is it legal to not give any lunch break or any break all day? Why yes it is according to the Texas labor website, but it seems like it's only in right to work state's! So nothing new here. Texas politicians suck ass, corporate greed and religious pandering as usual. Also due to the hostility I have shown towards the foreman they have decided to let me eat in peace for a whole 15 minutes! I am now in the job market again, still working but I do not want to be a goddamn slave for some rich fuck. Anyway any thoughts? Anyone else run into this shit. Does right to work really mean right to fuck over your employee?

Right to work means you can work without being a slave to some union.

Just curious, do you have to clock out for your 15 minute lunch period? It seems to me that a paid 15 minute lunch break is better than an unpaid 30, 45 or 60 minute lunch break.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
26-02-2013, 05:36 AM
(14-02-2013 07:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 07:26 PM)PersephoneK Wrote:  Or you could just look for a job that gives you a lunch break. That's the beauty of right to work... you aren't owned by your company and they don't own you. You can decide what is and is not important for yourself. Your employer doesn't owe you anything except a paycheck in exchange for your best work. Why should the state force an employer to give you anything as long as you both honor your contract?

Better yet, start your own business and you control everything.
Because the power in an employment relationship is never equal.
ie: You have a family of four, you are the only income in the household. Your boss tells you, "no lunch breaks or you're fired", you are forced to accept that you will no longer have lunch breaks.
You are not forced into anything, you can always quit. I did it(except I had a family of five).

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
26-02-2013, 05:00 PM
(26-02-2013 05:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 07:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because the power in an employment relationship is never equal.
ie: You have a family of four, you are the only income in the household. Your boss tells you, "no lunch breaks or you're fired", you are forced to accept that you will no longer have lunch breaks.
You are not forced into anything, you can always quit. I did it(except I had a family of five).

Your honor I didn't force the bank teller to give me the money, they could have said no.
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Separation of church and state in your country Tatuks 11 239 30-06-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  SSM Now coming to a state near you Revenant77x 4 89 06-06-2014 09:44 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  Louisiana to Make Bible Official State Book?! The Germans are coming 9 172 22-04-2014 07:24 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  The State of the Union speech tonight ... Chas 35 689 12-02-2014 05:06 PM
Last Post: Alla
  German police state vs. Swiss liberty frankksj 1 160 05-02-2014 11:47 PM
Last Post: toadaly
Video Stop the Welfare State Vol. 1: Kill the F-35 Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 28 1,260 04-11-2013 03:51 PM
Last Post: Silo1180
  Special to people in Washington State JAH 2 174 24-09-2013 11:02 PM
Last Post: Atheist_pilgrim