Right to work state sucks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Right to work state sucks!
(26-02-2013 05:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 03:09 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  So I started a new job and was informed on the first day as I ate lunch that we don't get lunch. I told the foreman to fuck himself. I was curious as to his claim, is it legal to not give any lunch break or any break all day? Why yes it is according to the Texas labor website, but it seems like it's only in right to work state's! So nothing new here. Texas politicians suck ass, corporate greed and religious pandering as usual. Also due to the hostility I have shown towards the foreman they have decided to let me eat in peace for a whole 15 minutes! I am now in the job market again, still working but I do not want to be a goddamn slave for some rich fuck. Anyway any thoughts? Anyone else run into this shit. Does right to work really mean right to fuck over your employee?

Right to work means you can work without being a slave to some union.

Just curious, do you have to clock out for your 15 minute lunch period? It seems to me that a paid 15 minute lunch break is better than an unpaid 30, 45 or 60 minute lunch break.
i get a paid half hour lunch break and 2 paid 15 min coffee breaks in a 10 hour work day. slave to a union? lol. tell that to my bank account.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 06:46 PM by PersephoneK.)
(14-02-2013 08:57 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 07:26 PM)PersephoneK Wrote:  That's the beauty of right to work... you aren't owned by your company and they don't own you.
Yeah, they actually do. There is no contract in a job: the employer has all the rights; the worker has none. Even in a freelance situation, where there actually is a written contract, the contract usually includes a clause wherein the client can terminate at any time; the contractor can't.

Yeah, sure, go to another job...
1.They've exported most industry
1a and defunded social services
1b and stolen most of the money
1.c so's they can make you fight one another for the chance to get stepped-on

2. State legislation gives all the bosses the same rights and takes those rights away from all the employees.

3. All this baldedash about jobs needs to end. Jobs are bad. One person working for another person is a bad idea and has always been a bad idea. Many people working for one person is an even worse idea. The relationship of boss/peon is bad for both persons involved; the creation of classes based on master/servant relationships is terrible for society. It's unnatural, immoral, inefficient, unjust, unstable, psychologically damaging and aesthetically displeasing.
Plus, it regularly fucks up national economies.
Were you forced to sign a contract?

I'm all for eliminating corporate wellfare and crony capitalism which is what you're basically referring to. In a booming economy, the worker has all the leverage. The only way to grow the economy, is to eliminate restrictions the government has placed on business.

Side note: I'm a contractor and own my own freelance writing business. I can quit my contract at any time (I won't sign a contract otherwise), and I have totally fired clients before that were pains in my ass.

Jobs are bad? That is ridiculous, frankly. Its a mutual contract. A business gets your work, you get money. Until you are forced into servitude, you have more power than you're willing to admit. You clearly have no idea what real servitude is. Its a product of modern times that the poorest among us have so much opulence. You're doing a disservice to those who actually do or have lived in slavery (including those of our ancestors).

You can't quit because of your family of four? How about putting yourself through school to improve your changes at night? Or like I mentioned, starting your own business. Many people have come from far less to produce amazing wealth. Stop being a whiny baby about it.

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." ~Rene Descartes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes PersephoneK's post
06-03-2013, 07:00 PM
(15-02-2013 12:05 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Yes, I've had a job that did the same thing in the great state of Georgia. Funny thing is, it was a union job. 8 hours on the clock with no breaks or lunch. The pay was good but I was forced to pay dues on the 1st week even tho I started out as a temp employee with no union perks. It was a steel factory. Totally mindless work that even a monkey could do. I eventually got away from it and found another rich guy to work for.

Honestly, I've had the pleasure to know and work for many a rich guy. Some ain't so bad. The one I work with now trades my efforts for an above the industry average wage and just paid me a 3,000+ bonus from last years profit share. It's a medium sized company with around 2500 employees. We've got an excellent low-cost family insurance package with 3 weeks paid vacation days per year. It's a beautiful thing and it's non-union.

If I had never worked all those shit jobs in the past, I'd have no clue how good I've got it now. Good luck.
Non Union, yesss.

The great thing about right to work states is that you don't have to have your leg chained to the union thugs to get a job in certain fields. I've heard horrible stories of men that could not get a job in their fields in the states that they lived in just because they refused to give their money to the union thugs. This should not be. Unions have no right to have this kind of power.
Just the opinion of little ol me.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
06-03-2013, 10:08 PM
(14-02-2013 03:09 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  So I started a new job and was informed on the first day as I ate lunch that we don't get lunch. I told the foreman to fuck himself. I was curious as to his claim, is it legal to not give any lunch break or any break all day? Why yes it is according to the Texas labor website, but it seems like it's only in right to work state's! So nothing new here. Texas politicians suck ass, corporate greed and religious pandering as usual. Also due to the hostility I have shown towards the foreman they have decided to let me eat in peace for a whole 15 minutes! I am now in the job market again, still working but I do not want to be a goddamn slave for some rich fuck. Anyway any thoughts? Anyone else run into this shit. Does right to work really mean right to fuck over your employee?
If they were only giving you a lunch break because it is required by law, you probably wouldn't want to work for them anyhow. I once had a job like that too, fucking blows. I ain't saying you should turn your nose up at the job, I don't know your situation, but doesn't sound like a good place to be employed. That being said, I am pro right to work. Any how, good luck to ya', hope it has a happier ending than I'd guess it will. Personally, I say fuck the fucking pricks...