Right to work state sucks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Right to work state sucks!
So I started a new job and was informed on the first day as I ate lunch that we don't get lunch. I told the foreman to fuck himself. I was curious as to his claim, is it legal to not give any lunch break or any break all day? Why yes it is according to the Texas labor website, but it seems like it's only in right to work state's! So nothing new here. Texas politicians suck ass, corporate greed and religious pandering as usual. Also due to the hostility I have shown towards the foreman they have decided to let me eat in peace for a whole 15 minutes! I am now in the job market again, still working but I do not want to be a goddamn slave for some rich fuck. Anyway any thoughts? Anyone else run into this shit. Does right to work really mean right to fuck over your employee?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: Right to work state sucks!
No lunch? BLASPHEMY!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLFVnPly9jHvShs0-iipL...nQL7H3srqA]

[Image: opforum1.png]
14-02-2013, 04:50 PM
(14-02-2013 03:09 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  So I started a new job and was informed on the first day as I ate lunch that we don't get lunch. I told the foreman to fuck himself. I was curious as to his claim, is it legal to not give any lunch break or any break all day? Why yes it is according to the Texas labor website, but it seems like it's only in right to work state's! So nothing new here. Texas politicians suck ass, corporate greed and religious pandering as usual. Also due to the hostility I have shown towards the foreman they have decided to let me eat in peace for a whole 15 minutes! I am now in the job market again, still working but I do not want to be a goddamn slave for some rich fuck. Anyway any thoughts? Anyone else run into this shit. Does right to work really mean right to fuck over your employee?
You have the internet at your fingertips. You can check what the law is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Serious union-busting and labour abuse has been enacted in several states under that heading. "Right to work" is Newspeak for "No worker's rights". Welcome to belated 1984. Slavery is freedom.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
14-02-2013, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 05:45 PM by Zat.)
The solution is:

1./ Lower your expectation for "standard of living"
2./ Find out what is the minimum you REALLY need
3./ Get rid of everything else
4./ Find a way to make money in small business (see my post on Bemore' thread at http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...n-to-life, Post #21)
5./ Be your own man
14-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Did you read my post?
(14-02-2013 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 03:09 PM)panterasr9 Wrote:  So I started a new job and was informed on the first day as I ate lunch that we don't get lunch. I told the foreman to fuck himself. I was curious as to his claim, is it legal to not give any lunch break or any break all day? Why yes it is according to the Texas labor website, but it seems like it's only in right to work state's! So nothing new here. Texas politicians suck ass, corporate greed and religious pandering as usual. Also due to the hostility I have shown towards the foreman they have decided to let me eat in peace for a whole 15 minutes! I am now in the job market again, still working but I do not want to be a goddamn slave for some rich fuck. Anyway any thoughts? Anyone else run into this shit. Does right to work really mean right to fuck over your employee?
You have the internet at your fingertips. You can check what the law is.
14-02-2013, 06:12 PM
I agree fuck republican's. Dems too... but republicans for trying to kill unions. Of course Texas doesnt have unions at least not in my field. The worst part is I work with guys that hate union's. They like that corporate cock I guess?!
(14-02-2013 05:36 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Serious union-busting and labour abuse has been enacted in several states under that heading. "Right to work" is Newspeak for "No worker's rights". Welcome to belated 1984. Slavery is freedom.
14-02-2013, 07:22 PM
As someone who studies employment law as part of his commerical law degree I can hoesntly say that that is seriously fucked up.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Or you could just look for a job that gives you a lunch break. That's the beauty of right to work... you aren't owned by your company and they don't own you. You can decide what is and is not important for yourself. Your employer doesn't owe you anything except a paycheck in exchange for your best work. Why should the state force an employer to give you anything as long as you both honor your contract?

Better yet, start your own business and you control everything.

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." ~Rene Descartes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like PersephoneK's post
14-02-2013, 07:30 PM
(14-02-2013 07:26 PM)PersephoneK Wrote:  Or you could just look for a job that gives you a lunch break. That's the beauty of right to work... you aren't owned by your company and they don't own you. You can decide what is and is not important for yourself. Your employer doesn't owe you anything except a paycheck in exchange for your best work. Why should the state force an employer to give you anything as long as you both honor your contract?

Better yet, start your own business and you control everything.
Because the power in an employment relationship is never equal.
ie: You have a family of four, you are the only income in the household. Your boss tells you, "no lunch breaks or you're fired", you are forced to accept that you will no longer have lunch breaks.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is the Russian state using Russian religion? The Germans are coming 5 104 07-08-2014 11:30 PM
Last Post: PoolBoyG
  Separation of church and state in your country Tatuks 11 261 30-06-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  SSM Now coming to a state near you Revenant77x 4 106 06-06-2014 09:44 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  Louisiana to Make Bible Official State Book?! The Germans are coming 9 188 22-04-2014 07:24 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  The State of the Union speech tonight ... Chas 35 709 12-02-2014 05:06 PM
Last Post: Alla
  German police state vs. Swiss liberty frankksj 1 175 05-02-2014 11:47 PM
Last Post: toadaly
Video Stop the Welfare State Vol. 1: Kill the F-35 Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 28 1,318 04-11-2013 03:51 PM
Last Post: Silo1180