Ambidextrous
I write with my teeth.
I put two pens in my nose to write.
I write with my butt.
[Show Results]

Righty, lefty, or ambi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 08:43 AM by Stark Raving.)
RE: Righty, lefty, or ambi?
Ok, time to call bullshit. I don't know who, but some of you are lying about being ambidextrous. (or many of you are confused about what ambidexterity is. At best, many of the lefties, which should constitute about 10%, have learned to be mixed-handed, but that isn't the same as ambidextrous by a long shot.)

25% ambi, and only 14% lefty? Not a chance. In reality, ambis make up about 1% if we're talking natural ambidexterity, but even if you include self taught, it should be 10% or less. C'mon folks.

(just cuz ya taught yourself to golf lefty, or you can scribble your name with both hands doesn't make you ambidextrous btw. It only makes you an ambidextrous golfer.)

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
10-07-2012, 09:35 AM
But Stark, I'm always put in a very little percentage thing. You call bullshit here what about all my other uncommon features? I was determined to be ambidextruous as a child the reason I had a teacher who taught me an awkward left handed writing style rather than to use my right hand is that by 3rd grade I was always using that hand to write so she didn't realize it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-07-2012, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 09:47 AM by Stark Raving.)
Like I said, I don't know who, but some people who are checking off ambi are full of it. Not saying anyone specific, but I just can't buy that 24% are ambi. There's just no way.

Just visiting.

-SR
10-07-2012, 10:06 AM
yeah but most transsexuals tend to be left handed or ambidextruous even though a large portion of the world is right handed. Sometimes rare traits can be seen in correlation.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
I was apparently born left handed. But my mother saw being left handed as a handicap and didn't seem to care for how my script looked when I wrote with that hand, so she *ahem* encouraged me to switch my writing hand to my right instead. I now write with my right hand, but I still do everything else with the left one.
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
(10-07-2012 08:37 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ok, time to call bullshit. I don't know who, but some of you are lying about being ambidextrous. (or many of you are confused about what ambidexterity is. At best, many of the lefties, which should constitute about 10%, have learned to be mixed-handed, but that isn't the same as ambidextrous by a long shot.)

25% ambi, and only 14% lefty? Not a chance. In reality, ambis make up about 1% if we're talking natural ambidexterity, but even if you include self taught, it should be 10% or less. C'mon folks.

(just cuz ya taught yourself to golf lefty, or you can scribble your name with both hands doesn't make you ambidextrous btw. It only makes you an ambidextrous golfer.)
Ok, let me put it this way... these are my preferences.
Right handed: Writing, shooting a rifle, shooting a bow, Xbox/PS3 FPS controls, throwing/catching in baseball, throwing a football, shooting a basketball, cooking
Left handed: PC games, shooting a hand gun, fishing, catching a baseball, serving a volleyball, golf, Wii controls, rolling dice, dribbling a basketball and layups

Am I ambi? You be the judge.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
11-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Write with my left hand but shoot my guns with my right eye and right handed. I am right eyed for sure. I never could figure that out.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
11-07-2012, 07:59 PM
(11-07-2012 05:46 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 08:37 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ok, time to call bullshit. I don't know who, but some of you are lying about being ambidextrous. (or many of you are confused about what ambidexterity is. At best, many of the lefties, which should constitute about 10%, have learned to be mixed-handed, but that isn't the same as ambidextrous by a long shot.)

Ok, let me put it this way... these are my preferences.
Right handed: Writing, shooting a rifle, shooting a bow, Xbox/PS3 FPS controls, throwing/catching in baseball, throwing a football, shooting a basketball, cooking
Left handed: PC games, shooting a hand gun, fishing, catching a baseball, serving a volleyball, golf, Wii controls, rolling dice, dribbling a basketball and layups

Am I ambi? You be the judge.
Nope. You are mixed handed.

Ambidextrous means you are equally good with both hands. So if you can shoot both left and right, and do each to the same level of dexterity, you are an ambidextrous shooter. Even this doesn't make you ambidextrous though. Just an ambi shooter.

Sounds like you are a very successful, self taught, mixed handed person. But the difference between mixed handed and ambidextrous is no small gap.

Remember.....ambidextrous = equal dexterity.

Maybe it seems like I'm nit picking, but after you meet a true ambi, you'll understand why. The ability to teach yourself to be mixed handed is an impressive feat to say the least. But ambidexterity is like a freakin super power!

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
14-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Right handed mainly

Ambi for some things like throwing, shooting basketball, using the remote, but not turning

... not an ambi- turner

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
20-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Hmmm a test you say…
I’m keen to try but what do you have in mind?
Remember a lot could be practiced in advance and it’s not like I can drop round for tea and some left vs. right handed live penmanship.
Meh, I use left handed scissors accurately and will often swap hands if a task requires it or it’s becoming uncomfortable.
I will concede my right hand is probably the most dominant one though.
Lets say a 40/60 split where a “true” ambidextrous person would be 50/50?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche