I write with my butt.
[Show Results]

Righty, lefty, or ambi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Righty, lefty, or ambi?
I write with my right hand.
I favour my right foot when playing soccer.
I favour the left side when playing tennis (I actually hold the racket the way a righty would hold it, but I prefer the double-handed left side).
Left handed for hurling (irish sport).
Born left handed for golf, but was forced to play right handed, so now I play right handed.
Right handed for guitar.
My right arm and hand are definitely stronger than my left.

So that makes me ambi?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Magoo, you are mixed handed. I always wish I could do that, but for me, I do EVERYTHING right handed. My left hand needs a shrink. It,s afraid to do,anything! Lol

Here's a simple test. Put a paper clip on a table. Now walk up to the table and pick up the paper clip. Now you know which hand is dominant. And yes, you DO have a dominant hand. In fact, even true ambis still have a dominant hand. But their dexterity is equal in both hands. It has nothing to do with doing some things right handed and some things left handed. Ambidextrous people can do everything equally as well with both hands.

Just visiting.

-SR
25-07-2012, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2012 09:19 AM by Magoo.)
Oh, I am not ambi so. My left arm is very weak but yet some things I prefer to do from the left side. I tried that test I am definitely right hand dominant. Apparently using your bad hand increases IQ because you are using a different side of the brain.

EDIT: Hold on, sometimes I actually use my left hand sometimes. If the situation is neutral, and both arms are equal length for the object I want to pick up, my right arm will do the work. However, I notice sometimes that if it is slightly easier to reach something with my left, I will use my left. I think I am about 70% right, 30% left.