Riot in France

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: Riot in France
(21-07-2013 12:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You can't always move into a country that shares your ideals (A place like that probably doesn't exist anyway). At best you might be able to just make an upgrade. Might be imperfect, but an upgrade nonetheless. There is nothing wrong with trying to improve it (or change it so that it is an improvement in your opinion).

No, but the way the Muslim right go about trying to force change is absolutely childish.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not condoning bombs and threats. Likewise I'm not condoning national dress codes and religious oppression. Both are disgusting.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
21-07-2013, 04:19 PM
The law regarding covering up is for basic public protection.
If a muslim women goes into a bank, for example, wearing the whole cover-up dress thing then all you can see (from a secret camera perspective) is MAYBE the eyes. You couldn't even be 100% sure if it was male/female let alone ethnicity etc...
Then if they rob that bank you have absolutely no description of that person.

The same with any part of being in public, if I'm completely covered up and I go stab a guy and it's caught on camera they have no description of me.
The law is in place so cops and such can stop people completely covered up before they do something.

The fact that this interferes with Muslim countries is irrelevant because European countries are NOT Muslim countries.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
21-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I will never support a sacrifice of personal freedom for the potential increase of public security. When you try to take away such freedoms, as was done here, you end up with riots. Who's safer? Rule with an iron fist? Nah, I'm good. I'll take my chances than the Muslim lady might in fact be some guy trying to stab people randomly.

21-07-2013, 05:56 PM
(21-07-2013 05:38 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I will never support a sacrifice of personal freedom for the potential increase of public security. When you try to take away such freedoms, as was done here, you end up with riots. Who's safer? Rule with an iron fist? Nah, I'm good. I'll take my chances than the Muslim lady might in fact be some guy trying to stab people randomly.

Dude, not only are you blowing this legislation way out of proportion, but you are clearly ignorant of the most basic framework for any functional society.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
21-07-2013, 05:59 PM
(21-07-2013 05:38 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I will never support a sacrifice of personal freedom for the potential increase of public security. When you try to take away such freedoms, as was done here, you end up with riots. Who's safer? Rule with an iron fist? Nah, I'm good. I'll take my chances than the Muslim lady might in fact be some guy trying to stab people randomly.

Seriously? Even you are not this stupid DL...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-07-2013, 10:02 PM
It is this type of legislation that leads to the likes of the TSA, a government organization that only increases in power over time and causes more problems than they solve.

21-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Hmmm... well it's a problem but I think maybe they solve it in the wrong way. Airports don't require people not to wear face coverings, yet they are still perceived as safe. I still don't quite buy the security line. Banks for example could easily scan people as they go in and out.
21-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Banks should require burka removal for entry and private stores should be able to pull a 'no shirt. no shoes. no entry' with a 'take it off or stay outside' policy...They should be able to wear what they want on the street.

It's a slippery slope when I wear a full face helmet and aviators you know less about my appearance then you do an islamic woman's...and I walk into the connivence store like that, although I stopped after getting funny looks from the 6 cops that always seem to be in my Wawa at any given time.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2013, 01:53 AM
(20-07-2013 04:08 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Since I live less than 5 hours away from Paris...

A bit off-topic, but I've been to France a couple of times and as a result I have become somewhat of a Francophile. The French have been pretty cool to me, and I admire your country and its way of life.

It seems that France also values its culture enough to try and protect it from harm, and that they are willing to take some controversial steps to do so - or at least steps that appear controversial to us Americans.

Personally, I like phrase, "we'll always have Paris" and hope that we always will. But I have a feeling things are going to get worse before they get better.