Riots in Baltimore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Riots in Baltimore
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32488484

Last I checked several buildings were on fire.

I was in LA during the Rodney King riots. It ain't fun.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: Riots in Baltimore
(27-04-2015 07:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32488484

That was to be expected. They really need to equip all cops with cameras that will be required to run during all encounters they have. That's the only way I can see to fix this kind of thing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-04-2015, 08:20 PM
(27-04-2015 08:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 07:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32488484

That was to be expected. They really need to equip all cops with cameras that will be required to run during all encounters they have. That's the only way I can see to fix this kind of thing.

Nah I am usually as left wing as it gets but this is not a protest this is young punks taking advantage of a situation. The police in this case have not done the thin blue line bullshit they are being exceedingly helpful and the Family of the victim is telling people not to riot. This is not Ferguson where the Cops raised tensions by attacking peaceful protesters this started as punk kids trying to loot a mall.

*Edit: 14,000 posts

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 16 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-04-2015, 08:23 PM

Or people just stop being assholes and not riot. Protesting is fine but setting fire to stores and injuring people is not helping them. I'm sure even with cameras people would still riot if some cop somewhere did something wrong because they feel the need to stand up because they feel they are being "threatened". What we need to do is teach people some manners and that protesting violence with violence is not gonna do crap and may even make things worse.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
27-04-2015, 08:25 PM
(27-04-2015 08:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 08:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  That was to be expected. They really need to equip all cops with cameras that will be required to run during all encounters they have. That's the only way I can see to fix this kind of thing.

Or people just stop being assholes and not riot. Protesting is fine but setting fire to stores and injuring people is not helping them. I'm sure even with cameras people would still riot if some cop somewhere did something wrong because they feel the need to stand up because they feel they are being "threatened". What we need to do is teach people some manners and that protesting violence with violence is not gonna do crap and may even make things worse.

Good luck with that! Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-04-2015, 08:27 PM

And when they have cameras and they record cops choking someone to death and the DA says "justifiable" what difference will it make.

The whole system is rotten to the core.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
27-04-2015, 08:28 PM
(27-04-2015 08:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 08:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Or people just stop being assholes and not riot. Protesting is fine but setting fire to stores and injuring people is not helping them. I'm sure even with cameras people would still riot if some cop somewhere did something wrong because they feel the need to stand up because they feel they are being "threatened". What we need to do is teach people some manners and that protesting violence with violence is not gonna do crap and may even make things worse.

Good luck with that! Tongue

Yeah, I know it won't happen. Unfortunately these innocent people have to suffer because some people want to take advantage of a horrible situation to use violence to try and "protest".

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-04-2015, 10:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-expected...44148.html

yeah, I just saw this a minute ago.

wtf is going on man? I know police related grievances has happened in the past but, is it just me or is it exploding all over the US lately?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-04-2015, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 08:37 AM by Adrianime.)
I teared up last night reading this stuff, and watching several videos. Such stupidity. Just pure stupidity on the part of the rioters. Too stupid to consider the police officers as part of their community. Too stupid to consider that damaging police vehicles only affects the money that tax payers put into the system. Too stupid to realize that initiating violence causes no good.

I saw the cvs pharmacy, looted and then burned. The Verizon store with the windows bashed in. Cars completely set on fire. The fire department had their hoses cut when trying to put out fires. Random violence and destruction in the streets. Somebody on camera said, "There are people getting kicked in the head outside" as another man was carried into what looked like a bar/restaurant injured. Mobs chasing police vehicles. Last I heard there was something like 12 injured police officers, 6 in severe condition, and a couple were completely non responsive.

The pastor who came out of the funeral calling out the rioters as disrespectful actually said many good things.

How can they get things so wrong?

God damnit.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
28-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Do you suppose these rioters and looters consider their actions "extreme shopping"????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.