Riots in Baltimore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: Riots in Baltimore
Wow, I have just been watching a bunch of footage and you gotta wonder what all the "bystanders" are doing there. There are groups of crazed kids running about destroying shit, and there are a lot of all kinds of people milling about and watching, occasionally getting attacked. WTF?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2015, 01:30 PM
(28-04-2015 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  Wow, I have just been watching a bunch of footage and you gotta wonder what all the "bystanders" are doing there. There are groups of crazed kids running about destroying shit, and there are a lot of all kinds of people milling about and watching, occasionally getting attacked. WTF?

I didn't understand that part either, other than perhaps they were all around there prior to the riots breaking out, minding their own business?

But it's probably a good time, if you are white and in Baltimore to go into hiding, or risk having a trash can thrown at you, which seemed to be a theme.
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
28-04-2015, 02:16 PM
(28-04-2015 11:20 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  This will be my last post here. This man tells it like it is, and says pretty much what I feel about this. He blames liberal policies just as I did. Oh, and he's a black man too. And a democrat.

“Like Baltimore, like Ferguson, like New York and many other areas where failed liberal government policies have led to high unemployment, chronic poverty, failing schools,” Sheriff Clarke said. “This is what besets the Baltimore area. Ninety percent of the homicide victims in the Baltimore area are black as are ninety percent of the suspects. That’s a bigger problem than Freddie Gray.”

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/sh...underclass

*snort*

Let's draw political spectrum on this, great. Point fingers at one another instead of looking at what is wrong and fixing it. Cuz ya know, everything that is wrong is directly caused by government, right?

Grow up.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
28-04-2015, 02:32 PM
(28-04-2015 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  Wow, I have just been watching a bunch of footage and you gotta wonder what all the "bystanders" are doing there. There are groups of crazed kids running about destroying shit, and there are a lot of all kinds of people milling about and watching, occasionally getting attacked. WTF?

Because they don't want to get their asses kicked ! Because they don't solve their problems with violence. Although you do have to wonder when they will finally step in and say "You thugs are fucking it up for the rest of us !"

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
28-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Well, it's not doing any good for them to be there the way they are. If they are the real demonstration, where are the signs? Where is the walking in unison? All they do is stand at corners and watch destruction.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-04-2015, 04:15 PM
"Riot is the language of the unheard." - MLK

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-04-2015, 04:27 PM
(28-04-2015 04:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Riot is the language of the unheard." - MLK

"I would hope that we can avoid riots because riots are self-defeating and socially destructive." - MLK, in the exact same interview he gave that quote.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
28-04-2015, 04:40 PM
(28-04-2015 04:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 04:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Riot is the language of the unheard." - MLK

"I would hope that we can avoid riots because riots are self-defeating and socially destructive." - MLK, in the exact same interview he gave that quote.

Yup. Both statements hold.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-04-2015, 05:02 PM
This is viral on Facebook:

28-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I guess I understand what leads to riots. People feel helpless, they can't get issues resolved and they feel unheard. Tempers flare and once a violent act takes place it just spreads through the group - who have been riled up and are ready for a release.

What has always puzzled me, even back in the 60s and 70s, is why you would want to tear down and destroy the things that are good in your own neighborhood.

I am quite sure that social media has made it easier to incite others in other locales.

Everyone needs a time out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?