Riots in Baltimore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 05:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Riots in Baltimore
(29-04-2015 04:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Have any rioters or police been shot (with a firearm) during this conflict?

I am curious since I hear about rock throwing and other things but haven't heard about a shooting...but, I haven't been able to catch much in the way of news broadcasts on the issue.

Just rubber bullets and pepper balls. No civilian injuries from popo but 15 or so cops got fucked up from bricks to the head and such.

Read today that on Monday popo shut down public transportation just before schools let out in preparation for trouble at nightfall. Well in West Baltimore there ain't no school buses so kids rely on public transportation to get home. oopsy. Bunch of teenage kids get out of school and are met with a bunch of cops telling them to go home. "You took the fucking bus away and now you're standing in our way. Fuck you asshole. Have a brick." Other than that serious dafuq you thinkin' fuckup and some aggressive-looking arrests (which only looked aggressive 'cause it was get in and get out fast before anyone gets hurt), police and National Guard have been remarkably restrained.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 05:17 PM
(29-04-2015 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 04:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Have any rioters or police been shot (with a firearm) during this conflict?

I am curious since I hear about rock throwing and other things but haven't heard about a shooting...but, I haven't been able to catch much in the way of news broadcasts on the issue.

Just rubber bullets and pepper balls. No civilian injuries from popo but 15 or so cops got fucked up from bricks to the head and such.

Read today that on Monday popo shut down public transportation just before schools let out in preparation for trouble at nightfall. Well in West Baltimore there ain't no school buses so kids rely on public transportation to get home. oopsy. Bunch of teenage kids get out of school and are met with a bunch of cops telling them to go home. "You took the fucking bus away and now you're standing in our way. Fuck you asshole. Have a brick." Other than some aggressive-looking arrests (which only looked aggressive 'cause it was get in and get out fast before anyone gets hurt) police and National Guard have been remarkably restrained.

I have to say I am surprised. I figured that the rioters would have pulled out some guns. Glad they didn't. Guess guns weren't the weapon of choice. Either that or there aren't any guns in Baltimore.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-04-2015, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 05:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-04-2015 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just rubber bullets and pepper balls. No civilian injuries from popo but 15 or so cops got fucked up from bricks to the head and such.

Read today that on Monday popo shut down public transportation just before schools let out in preparation for trouble at nightfall. Well in West Baltimore there ain't no school buses so kids rely on public transportation to get home. oopsy. Bunch of teenage kids get out of school and are met with a bunch of cops telling them to go home. "You took the fucking bus away and now you're standing in our way. Fuck you asshole. Have a brick." Other than some aggressive-looking arrests (which only looked aggressive 'cause it was get in and get out fast before anyone gets hurt) police and National Guard have been remarkably restrained.

I have to say I am surprised. I figured that the rioters would have pulled out some guns. Glad they didn't. Guess guns weren't the weapon of choice. Either that or there aren't any guns in Baltimore.

Oh there's a shitload of guns in Baltimore, but the drug dealers who rely on them ain't interested in rioting. These protests are disrupting their business and costing them money.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-04-2015, 05:26 PM
(29-04-2015 05:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to say I am surprised. I figured that the rioters would have pulled out some guns. Glad they didn't. Guess guns weren't the weapon of choice. Either that or there aren't any guns in Baltimore.

Oh there's a shitload of guns in Baltimore, but the drug dealers who rely on them ain't interested in rioting. These protests are disrupting their business and costing them money.

So there are people who think the use of guns through...interesting. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-04-2015, 05:29 PM
(29-04-2015 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh there's a shitload of guns in Baltimore, but the drug dealers who rely on them ain't interested in rioting. These protests are disrupting their business and costing them money.

Well that and every hood knows if you don't bring out a gun then the cops are supposed to stay non-lethal. Once you start shooting well things escalate quickly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-04-2015, 05:33 PM
(29-04-2015 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh there's a shitload of guns in Baltimore, but the drug dealers who rely on them ain't interested in rioting. These protests are disrupting their business and costing them money.

Drug dealing is not a viable long-term business prospect for the stupid.

Another fuckup popo did on Monday was to issue an alert that there was a credible threat from an alliance between the Crips, Bloods, and the Black Guerilla Family to "take out" cops. Well there is an alliance between the Crips, Bloods and Black Guerilla Family but it ain't to take out the cops, they're standing between the police line and the protesters to protect both of them. ooopsy.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-04-2015, 07:34 PM
(28-04-2015 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, if the predominately white police haven't been disproportionately targeting the white population

Erm, I thought I read the police there was primarily black?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-04-2015, 11:17 PM
(29-04-2015 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well there is an alliance between the Crips, Bloods and Black Guerilla Family but it ain't to take out the cops, they're standing between the police line and the protesters to protect both of them. ooopsy.

According to whom?

The lines I saw between cops and protesters were middle-aged women ... not your run-of-the-mill Crips or Bloods I've seen.
30-04-2015, 01:49 AM
(28-04-2015 10:14 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  It's not the actual suffering of these people that is funny, it's the repetitive cycle of forced lifestyle that they allow to continue that is funny. They expect different results by voting for the same people repeatedly.

Good luck finding any reputable politician that can get their message far enough without having to kiss corporate ass to get the money. Most politicians are friendly with the current police system anyway, so let's face it. Regardless of what is said or in what way, our broken system is unlikely to change. Not without fundamental changes in our culture, and unfortunately what you are seeing right now is an element of that.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
30-04-2015, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2015 06:38 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(29-04-2015 10:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  By you saying the "Problem is epidemic, INSTITUTIONALIZED ---- you're saying ALL cops (that's what institutionalization implies -- that everyone does it) are brutal, and out of control........

There's fuckhead cops....

and there's fuckhead rioters.

Guess what??

A hundred years from now, it'll probably still be that way.

Oh for fuck's sake...

This shit is clearly institutionalized in the same way that pedophilia is in the Catholic Church.

I.E. If you are looking to indulge in pedophilia and be protected from repercussions if you are caught, you become a Catholic priest. If you are looking to indulge in being a bully with a gun and enjoy being unappolgetically racist, you become a police officer.

Because no job will more enable and protect those who want to indulge in racism and abuse of power.

That is the fucking problem. Until you can make being a police officer a less appealing option for racist power-hungry douchebags (by making them more accountable, such as by ending this 'thin blue line' bullshit), then this profession will continue to attract people seeking to abuse power without accountability.

It's not enough to say 'there are some bad apples' when the system aids, abets, protects, and promotes bad apples.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post