Riots in Baltimore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2015, 04:01 AM
RE: Riots in Baltimore
(03-05-2015 03:35 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  One can only hope that these sick pukes get convicted.

Provided they can shown to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

But I do remember Rodney King (and the subsequent 92' LA riots), so even video surveillance isn't enough to guarantee a conviction if the defendant is a police officer. Hopefully nobody wants to see a repeat of that scenario.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-05-2015, 05:17 AM
(03-05-2015 04:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:35 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  One can only hope that these sick pukes get convicted.

Provided they can shown to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

But I do remember Rodney King (and the subsequent 92' LA riots), so even video surveillance isn't enough to guarantee a conviction if the defendant is a police officer. Hopefully nobody wants to see a repeat of that scenario.

I'll put very safe money on "riots to follow".

Why?

If they find the officers guilty - it's a "celebration riot".

If they find the officers innocent - it's a "protest riot".

Like Muffs said -- "Free TV's"...

It's the "American Way"....

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-05-2015, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 09:55 AM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Riots in Baltimore
http://youtu.be/0HaaRZ8nxd4

Baltimore gangs, bloods and crips, unite. They speak against rioting and for peaceful protesting

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
01-06-2015, 04:47 AM
http://www.thejournal.ie/baltimore-polic...8-Jun2015/

Baltimore police are afraid to arrest people, and murders are at a record high. Rather worrying if this is as a consequence of the riots etc......

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
10-06-2015, 09:17 AM
If you are a well off middle-class or wealthy. Looting and rioting is crazy. You are invested in the system. If you are poor and generally an outsider. It depends. It's not always crazy.

These folks know that they will gain nothing from looting. They know that. They also know they will gain nothing from taking their lumps quietly. When opportunity comes, they will vent.

Looking at these events in isolation, gives a mere glimpse of a tiny part of larger tapestry. That way the issue becomes about hoodlums looting a CVS store. Fox News loves that.

I used to look at it that way too. Until I put myself in the shoes of an inner city kid.

The environment.

No recreation. No library. No malls. Liquor stores and strip clubs on every corner. Few opportunities for legitimate income generation.

Lots of opportunities to make money sellings drugs. The white people they see in the community. Lots of cops. And customers for drugs and strippers.

Most adults working one or more dead end jobs to barely eke out a living. Many more just hanging out on corners. These are the role models.

To be fair, people still make it out. But these are just exceptional people. You will find people like that everywhere, even in Somalia.

But it is laughable to expect most people to make it out of those conditions intact.

What they need in those communities for the kids. Something to occupy their time. Playgrounds. Recreational facilities. Kids have a lot of energy. Especially in the summer.

Libraries. More facetime with the adults in the communities. Misdemeanors, police should always get back to the parent(s) for resolution.

A young teen should only be booked if the offense is particularly egregious. Young people will always be young people.

The responsibility should be on the community. But the police need serious reforms in how they interact with the population they are supposed to protect.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post