Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM

Ripple of Kindness ~ How Good Grows
“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”
Mark Twain

[Image: 28hlzjl.jpg]
How Good Grows -- Start a ripple of kindness and see how good grows

Your single good deed, big or small, can inspire others and cause a ripple effect of kindness that continues to grow as others join in. Start something today — the more people who take action, the larger your ripple will become.

(Make a ripple)
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 11:24 PM
RE: Ripple of Kindness ~ How Good Grows
Unfortunately, the ripple-effect works equally in both positive and negative situations. So start positive ripples where ever possible and stop negative ripples when ever you can. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 12:27 AM
I just did a good deed that I normally wouldn't, possibly subliminally effected by this. Tongue It feels really great to turn someone's day around for the better when you can.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2010, 09:37 AM

Sometimes when all you have to offer is a sincere smile at a stranger along with a "Hello, how are you today?" That in itself can make their day brighter. Because for some people that may be the only time anyone acknowledges their existence or says a word to them.
And, it gives your cheeks something to do as, flexercise. Big Grin
(08-12-2010 12:27 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  I just did a good deed that I normally wouldn't, possibly subliminally effected by this. Tongue It feels really great to turn someone's day around for the better when you can.

And what did you do? So as to give the rest of us a ripple idea to pass along in our part of the pond.

Yesterday, I paid the Interstate toll for the car behind me. Heart

Levi, I love Daffy Duck. Found this and thought you'd like to add it to your collection. Wink Pic Link
08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Well, my friend was having a terrible day because of a $120 bill he had that he couldn't take care of, and it was piling up more and more. I had just gotten paid my scholarship money and knew I would probably just wind up spending it on books or games anyway and paid it off for him without letting him reject the offer. Smile

Also LOL! That's great, thanks for the pic! xD

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM

(08-12-2010 09:59 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  Well, my friend was having a terrible day because of a $120 bill he had that he couldn't take care of, and it was piling up more and more. I had just gotten paid my scholarship money and knew I would probably just wind up spending it on books or games anyway and paid it off for him without letting him reject the offer. Smile

Also LOL! That's great, thanks for the pic! xD
That was very good of you.
And you're most welcome, Doc. Tongue
09-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Don't do that with the same person twice. If they get behind again, it is their fault for not handling money well and bailing them out a second time may open a door for them to start taking advantage of you. Know when you are doing something for someone and when they are trying to use you. You are only doing a good deed when it is what YOU want to do.

I fell into a trap like that before.
Find all posts by this user