Rise of antisemitism in Europe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: Rise of antisemitism in Europe.
Quote:- On fridaynight, when I want to bike home from work, I can't because they are walking side by side over the street and will not move out of the way.

How do they react to being punched in the face?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 03:32 PM
(29-01-2014 12:48 PM)cjlr Wrote:  With the caveat that segregation was not originally their idea...

From what I can tell, they lived all over the city but decided to concentrate together. (I know, terrible word, but it applies).

And even if that were the case: the current generation must know that the rest of the world really doesn't care what they do, as long as they're not too annoying (like with any religion).

To add, the city is kind of a powderkeg.
I used to work in the neighborhood I just described, biked down 1 street and got into the neighborhood populated by the other middle-eastern immigrants. Now, these kids mostly fight with eachother, but it could easily escalate. Especially if you see what radical imams are already doing (drafting children to go to Syria, preach Shariah).
And the church here completely ignores any of it.
Belgians are terrible when it comes to taking action, it's one of the reasons that I really want to get out of here. (that and Dutch girls are waaaay hotter).

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
29-01-2014, 11:18 PM
(22-01-2014 12:50 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  ...
When asked if jews had to much power in the buisness world: 73% percent of Hungarians said yes! 60% of Spaniards and 54% of Poles.

Overall the study concludes that 70% of the Hungarian population, 60% of the Spanish population and 50% of the Polish population show antisemetic tendencies.

Both bizzare, and frighteningly interesting. ...any guesses as to what's going on?

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
29-01-2014, 11:23 PM
(24-01-2014 11:22 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Now, on to Israel. They've made unprovoked attacks on all their neighbors. They've invaded and enslaved the Palestinian people
Yet, if somebody criticizes Israel, they are branded the worst of all racists: anti-Semitic.

While true, and you can easily tell when people have political agendas, the point in the OP still remains. Afterall, the term 'Jew' does not simply refer to Israeli partisans, nor even just Israeli citizens. It's a term usually used to describe people of the Jewish religion or its heritage. It's probably safe to say that only a small percentage of modern European Jews are Israeli partisans, no?

30-01-2014, 07:58 PM
(28-01-2014 06:14 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Those in autonomous PLO & Hamas rule can vote, they had their own elections and parliament(s)

I agree with most of your points. But that statement is disingenuous. Let's not forget when the Palestinians voted for a political party which Israel didn't approve of, Israel effectively starved out the Palestinians as punishment, blocking their ability to trade, and even blocking humanitarian relief vessels trying to get into Gaza's own ports with food supplies. So saying 'you're free to vote for who you want, but if you pick somebody I don't like I'll kill you' is not a free election.
06-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Quote:Seriously, if any other country in the world behaved like Israel does, their citizens would be pariahs--and nobody would say it was an alarming trend, but rather a natural reaction to their foreign policy. Israel, however, has somehow managed to convince the world the rules don't apply to them, and if anybody criticizes them, it's "alarming" and "shameful". And, btw, I've been to Israel, I selected a jewish business partner, and when I lived in NY, half my friends were jewish, so I'm not saying Israeli's are bad--just that Israel's foreign policy is horrific and it's natural that there are consequences.

There is growing anti-Semitism on this forum too.
[/quote]

Yup that's my point. But must be seen in wider context of West's support for middle east interests ... and haven't we done *such* a good job in Afghanistan and Iraq more recently ... *that*'s what the Hungarians are anti-semitic about??????

Moodie x
06-02-2014, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 10:56 PM by Moodie.)
(29-01-2014 11:23 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:22 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Now, on to Israel. They've made unprovoked attacks on all their neighbors. They've invaded and enslaved the Palestinian people
Yet, if somebody criticizes Israel, they are branded the worst of all racists: anti-Semitic.

While true, and you can easily tell when people have political agendas, the point in the OP still remains. Afterall, the term 'Jew' does not simply refer to Israeli partisans, nor even just Israeli citizens. It's a term usually used to describe people of the Jewish religion or its heritage. It's probably safe to say that only a small percentage of modern European Jews are Israeli partisans, no?

Well we've been subject to Holocaust paranoia because .... errr .... we've suffered from the Holocaust .... and after WWII from Zionist propaganda because we wanted to think it was the right answer [before WWII it was a minority of Jews who believed in Zionism].

.... But more and more of 'us' [European Jews ... and also American Jews judging from what I see on tv/net] see what everyone else sees .. that criticising Israel is *not* the same as anti-semitism [although of course it may be a pretext ... anti-Jews don't make sense, remember] .... because despite what you might think, we are in fact, brainwise, much like everybody else - only more so [!]

Moodie x
[+] 2 users Like Moodie's post
06-02-2014, 10:54 PM
(29-01-2014 12:43 PM)Caveman Wrote:  All hefty points, I think I might have another perspective.
I live in Antwerp, Belgium. A city known for centuries as having a large jewish population.
The mostly hasidic jews live in their own neighborhood, they have their own shops, their own homes, their own everything.
They live very isolated and would rather see that none of the gentiles come across their path.
- When my bud's mother (a sales rep) went to one of 'their' stores, the owner behind the counter stepped back, stared at his shoes and didn't answer a thing she said. They're not allowed to talk to women.
- When my colleague went to one of 'their' stores on new years to buy some groceries, the guy behind the counter asked him FOUR times if there wasn't another store open. He also charged him $10 for 5 donuts.
- On an average day, they will walk around town wherever, usually on the bikepaths.
- On fridaynight, when I want to bike home from work, I can't because they are walking side by side over the street and will not move out of the way.
- Most of 'them' are very rich. They're big into the diamondtrade and hotelbusiness. Taxfraud scandals (9 to 10 figure amounts) are at least once a year.

These few examples might sound menial, but it just shows that they want to stay isolated. They build enclaves and do not participate into society.
The many tax-scandals tell me that they even refuse to pay their fair share, like we all do. While they do make use of all the available services.

So, general anti-semitism: bad.
Disapproving of a community that activly shuns general society and cheats with billions of tax-dollars: not unreasonable.

All respect to those who break away - not easy when your whole family/culture is wrapped up with rabbi-dom.

I don't know if there's a thread here just for ex-Hasids/ Ultra-Orthodox but support groups/websites exist including a website of non-believing rabbis taking issue with the Torah/Talmud etc.

Hallelujah?

Moodie x
06-02-2014, 10:55 PM
(06-02-2014 10:45 PM)Moodie Wrote:  .... because despite what you might think, we are in fact, brainwise, much like everybody else - only more so [!]

Moodie x

...sorry, but as everyone knows, atheists are the chosen race with superior intellect. Smartass

(hey, if everyone who calls himself Jewish can be seen as being racially Jewish, then so can atheists)